+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damilola131

Newbie
Sep 30, 2026
7
2
Hello Everyone,

I am in a dilemma right now. I received ITA at the last healthcare draw with a minimum cutoff of 475, I entered with a score of 478 as married but non accompanying as my father in law’s health was failing at the time. Thankfully, he recovered and even encouraged my husband and I to travel together. Problem now is that his ECA was issued after the ITA, without his ECA if I change him to accompanying our score will be 467, with his post ITA ECA, our score will be 477. What is advised in this case? Thank you.
 
Add your husband as non-accompanying. Get his papers ready and change to accompanying. Then you will be requested to submit all his papers.

But make sure your calculations are correct.
 
No problem, let me know if you need any help.

No problem, let me know if you need any help.
You are too kind
Thank you for been helpful
I had just been seeing trends of how entering post ITA documents can be seen as misrepresentation and how adding a spouse later can have negative impact.
we do have an important health related reason for the initial declaration
In our letter of explanation, do you recommend attaching a medical report
 
You are too kind
Thank you for been helpful
I had just been seeing trends of how entering post ITA documents can be seen as misrepresentation and how adding a spouse later can have negative impact.
we do have an important health related reason for the initial declaration
In our letter of explanation, do you recommend attaching a medical report
It's not a misrepresentation, it's your call to be accompanying or not.

Letter of explanation is not required, but won't do any harm and may be useful if written concisely and to the point.