+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry to Alberta

Ram15

Aug 1, 2016
Hi,
I’m an Instrumentation engineer presently working in USA and trying to apply for Express entry to Alberta. I’m very new to this system, appreciate if you all can suggest.
1. I heard Alberta is a good choice for Engineers, is this true? I wanted to apply for Toronto but I heard it has a huge demand.
2. Do I have to apply for AINP and wait to get the PNP and apply for CIC? Or apply to CIC directly? What is the exact process? I have never worked in Canada before.
3. If I have to apply to AINP, which category do I have to choose? Employer-Driven Stream Skilled Worker Category or Strategic Recruitment Stream?
4. If I get the PR to Alberta after 6 months or more process. Can I move to Toronto?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ram15 said:
Hi,
I’m an Instrumentation engineer presently working in USA and trying to apply for Express entry to Alberta. I’m very new to this system, appreciate if you all can suggest.
1. I heard Alberta is a good choice for Engineers, is this true? I wanted to apply for Toronto but I heard it has a huge demand.
2. Do I have to apply for AINP and wait to get the PNP and apply for CIC? Or apply to CIC directly? What is the exact process? I have never worked in Canada before.
3. If I have to apply to AINP, which category do I have to choose? Employer-Driven Stream Skilled Worker Category or Strategic Recruitment Stream?
4. If I get the PR to Alberta after 6 months or more process. Can I move to Toronto?
You do not qualify for Alberta PNP.

Alberta has a special stream for engineers who already have work experience in Alberta.

Without Alberta work experience, in order to get PNP, you need a LMIA-supported job offer from an employer in Alberta.

peresada

Oct 21, 2014
think twice, Alberta is not going well at the moment. unemployment is going up, oil is going down. if you have job in states stay there.