Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Excellent article on EE and its application procedure

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/express-entry-permanent-residence-program-is-anything-but

Express Entry : problem is the severe lack of transparency in the application process.

Nine months later, here’s the sad and frustrating news that Canadian businesses already know: The Express Entry system has failed. And more importantly, it’s hurting both highly skilled workers and business owners in high technology, manufacturing, healthcare, senior management, and more.

highly skilled workers with valid work permits who have been working in Canada for over a year should be deemed to have a qualifying job offer for Express Entry purposes and should automatically obtain the 600 points needed to put them at the top of the list for Permanent Residence. They are already here and employed in Canada – aren’t these the ideal immigrants we want to keep in Canada?

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
i am a skilled class worker and working in Canada for almost 2 years but no ITA yet. eligible to apply for CEC in oct 2014. i know most people brag about increasing the score or getting a lmia, but whenever someone like me approach company for lmia, they say we hired you fulltime, why you need lmia for ? and also they dont want to go through the hassle process of lmia. i would say its easy to get lmia when you work for a smaller company but for big corporate, they don't care. express entry wasted one year of my life.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
now i am on 473 so hoping for an ita . but i wasted lot of time fearing i would loose my job or i would not be able to get my residency and loose my job then . express entry in my vision, would invite a cleaning personal from the pool, and has the tendency to drop a rocket scientist.
i personally know people who are well educated and doing great in Canada after getting their education here in this country but fearing deportation because their wp is expiring and their score is not enough for ITA.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
another excellent article on Express Entry on CEC class

Forbes magazine:Trudeau Should Welcome Canadian Experience Class Immigrants

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2015/10/23/trudeau-should-welcome-canadian-experience-class-immigrants/

CEC workers consist of three broad types of highly desirable workers in Canada. One is professionals under NAFTA – doctors, engineers, lawyers, scientists and various therapists that are needed. A second type is business types, that is, inter-corporate transferees – managers, executives and specialized knowledge workers and peo0ple who are starting up their own businesses or who are self-employed. A third type is international students on post-graduation work permits. All such applicants are already settled in Canada providing their skills to Canadian employers in need of them. There is no need to cherry pick among these candidates – they are already weeded out by the process of getting temporary work permits or applying to Canadian colleges for studies. The point is that under CEC they were required to earn the right to apply for permanent residence by making their way to Canada through the selection criteria that applied overseas and then by working and living in Canada for a year.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Lol

a recent survey held by Skills International revealed that 71 per cent of employers in Western Canada had never even heard of Express Entry.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/canadas-express-entry-program-for-skilled-immigrants-showing-growing-pains

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I believe Express Entry system was introduced by goverment partially to help reduce the unemployment as opposing to job creation itself. Also, it is a way to reduce immigration as general attitude of Canadian citizens towards immigration became more unfavorable for the past several years. Actually, they are not against immigration itself, they are not happy that new immigrants are not integrating well into Canadian society and stick to their communities. The social reasons are also backed up by high rates of unemployment.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
8Hannah8 said:
I believe Express Entry system was introduced by goverment partially to help reduce the unemployment as opposing to job creation itself. Also, it is a way to reduce immigration as general attitude of Canadian citizens towards immigration became more unfavorable for the past several years. Actually, they are not against immigration itself, they are not happy that new immigrants are not integrating well into Canadian society and stick to their communities. The social reasons are also backed up by high rates of unemployment.
Do you have evidence or a link to support this? Cos I'm interested.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Reginald said:
Do you have evidence or a link to support this? Cos I'm interested.
http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-canada-accept-more-immigrants

I guess one link would not be suffucient to support the claim I made, but I read a lot of comments when first articles in press about Express Entry came out. They were also rather negative, unfortunately. I also followed political parties' campaigns and read the comments on those (I do have weird interest in politicians public relations teams, how they work and what effect the statements actually make on the audience).