+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Michael.ko

Oct 11, 2017
Hi guys,
Please can someone add me to any group that will be of help.

I need to be updated and be proactive on any provincial nominations as they come. I have my master degree in business administration. I really do not know the NOC or occupation to apply for as I have 7 years working experience in an insurance company as underwriter.
Can I also apply for financial adviser in any of the province that may come later..Please i need your advice and guide and also want to know the contents of my employment letter from HR because I must be prepared.

Kind regards.
I

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys,
Please can someone add me to any group that will be of help.

I need to be updated and be proactive on any provincial nominations as they come. I have my master degree in business administration. I really do not know the NOC or occupation to apply for as I have 7 years working experience in an insurance company as underwriter.
Can I also apply for financial adviser in any of the province that may come later..Please i need your advice and guide and also want to know the contents of my employment letter from HR because I must be prepared.

Kind regards.
I
1) Check here to determine NOC Code:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

A quick look-up shows Insurance Underwriters as NOC Code 1313, but you need to verify the NOC code's job duties and responsibilities against your own, as it's really the duties and responsibilities that matter, not job titles.

2) Employment Reference Letter must meet the following requirements:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Last edited:

Chocolalapop

Jun 15, 2017
I know this may have been asked a lot of times but I cannot find any thread.

I have my ITA ... and concerned about some issues.

I have a UK postgraduate diploma that I finished in five years. I got the WES evaluation and it says equal to 1 year PGDiploma from Canada. Will this be a problem?

My other major concern is in my EE profile for No.of hours worked I put 48 hours and my employment letter says 40 hours. I had made an error calculating because I often worked (unpaid) overtime.

My bank statement has funds for 3 months and would be 4 months when I apply in November. The amount is a bit less than what I claimed in my EE profile but still more than what they require. Will they ask why I put X figure in EE while Y is in the bank. Well hello? I withdrew for medicals, ill do so again when I submit my EE profile .. etc

Thanks. I hope so

Zeitoon

Sep 29, 2015
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of collecting the required documents for the Federal Express Entry Program but am facing an unexpected and rare situation.

I worked full-time for a private company for more than a year, and recently I asked the company's HR manager to issue me a work experience letter with the contents required by IRCC. The HR manager has issued me a letter that meets all the content except for the 'full-time' requirement. I asked him to modify the letter, but he refused to do so saying that the letter was registered in their system and he is not anymore able to modify it and they do not issue a second letter ...
However, I possess the employment contract with the company that shows I was employed as a full-time worker for 16 months. Also, the company paid my insurance fees as a full-time worker to the Social Security Insurance Organization (a governmental organization in my country). I received a letter from this organization that certifies my insurance fees were paid by the company as a full-time employee. I would like to know if I am able to supplement the work experience letter with these two documents (contract and the certified letter) and reasonably show that I was hired as a full-time worker? Does IRCC accept these two documents as proof of the fact that I worked full-time for the company?

Any information or advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zeitoon

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I know this may have been asked a lot of times but I cannot find any thread.

I have my ITA ... and concerned about some issues.

I have a UK postgraduate diploma that I finished in five years. I got the WES evaluation and it says equal to 1 year PGDiploma from Canada. Will this be a problem?
Not a problem; just ensure you select the correct option when indicating your ECA results for the credential "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

My other major concern is in my EE profile for No.of hours worked I put 48 hours and my employment letter says 40 hours. I had made an error calculating because I often worked (unpaid) overtime.
Not a problem;

My bank statement has funds for 3 months and would be 4 months when I apply in November. The amount is a bit less than what I claimed in my EE profile but still more than what they require. Will they ask why I put X figure in EE while Y is in the bank. Well hello? I withdrew for medicals, ill do so again when I submit my EE profile .. etc
Funds don't have to be there for 6 months just as long as you have the required amount by the time you submit your eAPR. If you have any major, atypical deposits though (e.g. when you put the amount you withdrew back), over the last 6 months (which will show up in your 6 month history), you have to provide documented evidence of where this money is coming from (to satisfy IRCC that it's not funds from a loan you took out to meet the settlement funds requirement, which isn't allowed).

As with question 2, it doesn't matter if the amount you claim in your eAPR, is different than what was in your EE profile, just as long as it still meets the settlement fund threshold. You can just change anything in your eAPR questionnaire as long as the change doesn't affect your CRS Score to the point of dropping it below your Draw's cut-off.

Thanks. I hope so
See answers in red below your questions.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of collecting the required documents for the Federal Express Entry Program but am facing an unexpected and rare situation.

I worked full-time for a private company for more than a year, and recently I asked the company's HR manager to issue me a work experience letter with the contents required by IRCC. The HR manager has issued me a letter that meets all the content except for the 'full-time' requirement. I asked him to modify the letter, but he refused to do so saying that the letter was registered in their system and he is not anymore able to modify it and they do not issue a second letter ...
However, I possess the employment contract with the company that shows I was employed as a full-time worker for 16 months. Also, the company paid my insurance fees as a full-time worker to the Social Security Insurance Organization (a governmental organization in my country). I received a letter from this organization that certifies my insurance fees were paid by the company as a full-time employee. I would like to know if I am able to supplement the work experience letter with these two documents (contract and the certified letter) and reasonably show that I was hired as a full-time worker? Does IRCC accept these two documents as proof of the fact that I worked full-time for the company?

Any information or advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zeitoon
While the proper reference letter with all requested details is always ideal, IRCC understands that many employers are not cooperative about providing all the requested details and many members of this forum have faced this issue. Attach the two documents you mentioned, write a Letter of Explanation (LOE) to provide additional clarification if you're still concerned, and you should be fine.

ajayrao1983

Oct 15, 2017
I am creating an express entry profile, and have couple of questions related to ECA:
  • I have a Masters degree in Business Administration and Bachelors degrees in Electronics Engineering. Do I need to get ECA for both or just the highest degree?
  • Since I am applying as a couple, is it required to get an ECA done for my wife as well? Is the process different if you are getting ECA as a couple rather than as an individual applicant?

sakshigupta

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello,
This is regarding PCC from FBI.
I stayed in usa twice. 1st - 3.5 months
2nd - 5.5 months
Total 9 months. So do I need a PCC Fromm FBI?
To be on a safer side , I did apply for that and my application was delivered to FBI on October 5th. I am doubtful on receiving the report before the deadline. What should I do?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello,
This is regarding PCC from FBI.
I stayed in usa twice. 1st - 3.5 months
2nd - 5.5 months
Total 9 months. So do I need a PCC Fromm FBI?
To be on a safer side , I did apply for that and my application was delivered to FBI on October 5th. I am doubtful on receiving the report before the deadline. What should I do?
If those 9 months that you stayed in the US occurred since you were 18-years old, then, YES, you need to submit a PCC from the FBI.

IRCC recognizes that some countries take longer than others to provide Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) and so, at their discretion, they may give you an extension on submitting the PCC. (Please note though, it’s at the reviewing Immigration Officer’s DISCRETION – they don’t have to do this).

The most common country for which this happens is the United States of America (FBI), which currently takes 3 months from delivery of an application, to provide the PCC.

What should you do? submit your eAPR, along with a Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining that you have made your application but not yet received the PCC and are humbly asking for more time to submit it. Include, with the LOE, evidence that you have made your application, including a copy of the application, copies of the posting and delivery receipts, and any relevant payment receipts (receipt for getting fingerprints taken, copy of credit card statement if the FBI has already charged your credit card, etc.)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Anyone with NOC 1121? Can you please share the format of the job duties
Can you reword your question? I'm not sure I'm understanding...

I'm NOC 1121, but there's no 'format of job duties'.

You just need to provide a list of your job duties and responsibilities (no exhaustive document needed, just a list of 6 - 12 sentences summarizing the job functions) and they need to align closely with the job duties and responsibilities highlighted under NOC Code 1121...

sakshigupta

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Can you reword your question? I'm not sure I'm understanding...

I'm NOC 1121, but there's no 'format of job duties'.

You just need to provide a list of your job duties and responsibilities (no exhaustive document needed, just a list of 6 - 12 sentences summarizing the job functions) and they need to align closely with the job duties and responsibilities highlighted under NOC Code 1121...
Yes I'm talking about those 6-12 sentences. I need to get my reference letter with the job duties printed according to noc 1
If those 9 months that you stayed in the US occurred since you were 18-years old, then, YES, you need to submit a PCC from the FBI.

IRCC recognizes that some countries take longer than others to provide Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) and so, at their discretion, they may give you an extension on submitting the PCC. (Please note though, it’s at the reviewing Immigration Officer’s DISCRETION – they don’t have to do this).

The most common country for which this happens is the United States of America (FBI), which currently takes 3 months from delivery of an application, to provide the PCC.

What should you do? submit your eAPR, along with a Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining that you have made your application but not yet received the PCC and are humbly asking for more time to submit it. Include, with the LOE, evidence that you have made your application, including a copy of the application, copies of the posting and delivery receipts, and any relevant payment receipts (receipt for getting fingerprints taken, copy of credit card statement if the FBI has already charged your credit card, etc.)
yes I was above 18 years above both times. And I didn't really scan the application forms before sending them to FBI , but I do have a phone camera picture of that + courier reciept + fingerprinting payment receipt , will that serve the purpose?