+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

luckydude

Mar 22, 2016
HI I AM FROM INDIA (NOC.6521) Travel counsellors. I M WORKING IN TRAVEL TOUR INDUSTRY IN DELHI I WANT TO KNOW IS I M ELIGIBLE FOR EXPRESS ENTRY, PLEASE GUIDE ME IN THIS THANKS.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
luckydude said:
HI I AM FROM INDIA (NOC.6521) Travel counsellors. I M WORKING IN TRAVEL TOUR INDUSTRY IN DELHI I WANT TO KNOW IS I M ELIGIBLE FOR EXPRESS ENTRY, PLEASE GUIDE ME IN THIS THANKS.
I am sorry to say this, NOC 6521 falls under skill type C and to apply for PR as a skilled worked under Express Entry, your NOC should be under skill type 0, A or B. Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

However, the CIC site says the following about NOC C and D, check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
'If your job is skill level C or D:
- you may be able to come to Canada as a provincial nominee, as long as it is not in a program for skilled workers, or
- you may be able to work here for up to two years.'

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
PMV said:
Hello all, I am a freelance fashion photographer, Mumbai based. I am aged 30 and have a common law partner. Working since 4 years, completed a 1 year photography diploma from Vancouver in 2012. We are applying for the Express Entry with myself as Primary Applicant. My Job Code in NOC is 5221, Skill Set B.

I had the following queries before I proceed and begin the process -

1. It says for skilled trades one has to show full time working "hours" (1560 hours in a year). However, in freelance photography, work can't be clocked precisely based on hours because it is not a fixed routine job. It really depends on project to project. I of course have a body of work that is published and my own portfolio, apart from invoices sent to clients etc. - Though your NOC falls under skill type B, it will not fall under Federal Skilled Trades, instead it comes under Federal Skilled Workers (self employed). In this regard, I was not able to find IRCC (CIC) guidelines on the same, but I have the following extract from OINP Application Guide for Express Entry.
Self-employment (for FSWP applicants only)
If you are or have been self-employed, provide copies of all the following documentation for periods of self-employment, if available:
 Business/company registration documents;
 Proof of business conducted with clients (i.e., invoices, bills, and client references);
 Balance sheets;
 Income tax returns;
 T4A Statements (if self-employed in Canada); AND
 Proof of license to practice if you are a private practitioner in a regulated occupation.

2. Does a photography diploma equal "certificate of qualification issued by Canadian province or authority (skilled trades)? I read that photography is not a regulated profession in Canada, so I am confused. If my diploma works then I get 50 points for that. - Photography is not a regulated profession, you do not need a license to continue in your occupation. The basic requirements for the same are listed below
- A bachelor's degree in visual arts with specialization in photography
OR
- Completion of specialized training in photography in high school, college or specialized training schools
OR
- Extensive on-the-job training under the supervision of a photographer is required.
- Experience in, or knowledge of computerized photography or digital imaging may be required.
- Creative and technical ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required.

3. Where can I get fingerprinting done in Mumbai, for FBI Clearance (as I lived in the US for more than 6 months around 2007-2008). Most of the google results are for Delhi or Bangalore. - You can contact the fingerprinting department of International Forensic Sciences (IFS), Pune. They may charge around INR 3500 (not sure). You can check with them
http://www.forensic.co.in/fbi_fingerprint_card-_visa_immigration_clearence_expert_india/
http://www.fbifingerprinting.in/

4. I have completed a 3 year diploma in fashion design and technology in 2003-2006, right after passing 12th standard. Should I send this diploma and my 12th standard certificate to WES for ECA? My photography diploma is from Canada so that is exempt from ECA. However as I am now a fashion photographer, technically only photography diploma stays relevant to my current job. But the 3 year fashion design diploma is still a qualification which involves fashion so I am wondering if it will be helpful/better to include this? - Education and occupation/NOC does not matter for Express Entry as along as the NOC is under skill type 0, A or B, they are independent of each other. If you get this diploma assessed as 3 years, you can use this and your Canadian photography diploma to claim points for 'two or more degrees/diploma where one is at least three years' which will give you more points for education.

Thanks to everyone in advance, looking forward to your guidance.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Hi,

I just want to know if the Job bank job match service is having any issues lately because when we first created the account, we did receive a lot of matches but most of them were not relevant to the job role.Then we changed the matching mode to strict to get the most accurate matches. But since then, we have not been receiving any matches at all so we have changed the matching mode back to default, still no luck. Can anyone let me know where we are going wrong or what the issue may be?

Would appreciate all your help and support.

Thanks
Divya

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
divyamenon said:
Hi,

I just want to know if the Job bank job match service is having any issues lately because when we first created the account, we did receive a lot of matches but most of them were not relevant to the job role.Then we changed the matching mode to strict to get the most accurate matches. But since then, we have not been receiving any matches at all so we have changed the matching mode back to default, still no luck. Can anyone let me know where we are going wrong or what the issue may be?

Would appreciate all your help and support.

Thanks
Divya
It has happened to everyone including me. Job Bank is more of a requirement for Express Entry profile, no need to worry. Just ensure that you login to your account once in a while to keep it active.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Stanlee said:
It has happened to everyone including me. Job Bank is more of a requirement for Express Entry profile, no need to worry. Just ensure that you login to your account once in a while to keep it active.
Oh okay, we are logging in to keep it active. So, do you mean that we may or may not get any job matches irrespective of the matching mode?

newboy06

Feb 22, 2016
Good day house, I have a question about medicals. Can someone with hepatitis b apply for express entry? Has anyone with hepatitis b been granted express entry visa? Thanks for your response

AARJUN

Jan 20, 2016
Hello All,

I started my job in November 2013. When i submitted my Express Entry Profile in March 2015 i got 53 Points which is equal to 2 year experience as now we are in 2016 so my profile should be updated with 3 year experience points which equals 64 points ...Does that mean i have to put an end date under work experience even though i am currently working with the same company and will continue after november 2016 as well..can someone assist me on this

Stars

Mar 19, 2016
Just wrote the ielts and still awaiting result. This will be helpful when my time comes, thanks for this info

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Hi guys, does anyone know if I can register my spouse in Job Bank? I am the principal applicant and I registered just fine. But can my husband register as well? We would like to increase our chances of securing a job in Canada. Thank you, you swell people :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Himalaya1 said:
Hi

How to edit information like language scores or experience on Express Entry Form?

Regards
Check this link for a step by step process to edit your profile http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

MrJK

Mar 23, 2016
Work experience

Hi all..

Great forum BTW.

I have a question. Around 5 years ago me and my girlfriend went to Canada on work & travel visa and stayed there for 1.5y. We did retail surepvisor jobs full time. Is it considered as Canadian work experience?

Thanks a lot

Cheers