+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

zey

Jan 5, 2016
Hello everybody ı have a question if anyone can help me, I will be very happy.
My husband will apply Express Entry for skilled worker options. He has IELTS, CEC and the others...

Do I need ( as his wife) to take IELTS exam for application...

thank you very much for respond

Zey

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zey said:
Hello everybody ı have a question if anyone can help me, I will be very happy.
My husband will apply Express Entry for skilled worker options. He has IELTS, CEC and the others...

Do I need ( as his wife) to take IELTS exam for application...

thank you very much for respond

Zey
Not mandatory but your IELTS and ECA will add points to his CRS.

merc0139

Jan 6, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
As per my understanding, you need a minimum of one year, continuous work experience in one NOC to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Any work experience beyond that, however broken or short it might be, counts.

In your case, I'm inclined to believe that you do not satisfy that criteria.

There was a discussion earlier about this topic - Check here -->
Thank you so much. So I'm willing to scrap the previous work experience of 2 months from different NOC and willing to wait till I complete 1 year of work in my current NOC.

However, I'm still slightly unsure about the 40 day gap period. Is that okay?
For example, I was working from February to June 2015 = 5 months (the company went bankrupt)
Then my current job wanted me to join in August 2015 - to date = 11th month in progress.

So will the gap affect my continuity?
I'd be so disheartened if that's true :( cause that'll mean I have to start over!

And I do follow your thread EE in a Nutshell. I'll go through the entire thread shortly. Bless you for the paramount of information! Really helpful. Thank you!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
merc0139 said:
Thank you so much. So I'm willing to scrap the previous work experience of 2 months from different NOC and willing to wait till I complete 1 year of work in my current NOC.

However, I'm still slightly unsure about the 40 day gap period. Is that okay?
For example, I was working from February to June 2015 = 5 months (the company went bankrupt)
Then my current job wanted me to join in August 2015 - to date = 11th month in progress.

So will the gap affect my continuity?
I'd be so disheartened if that's true :( cause that'll mean I have to start over!

And I do follow your thread EE in a Nutshell. I'll go through the entire thread shortly. Bless you for the paramount of information! Really helpful. Thank you!!
Well, as discussed there - this is in the grey area. I believe it is at the discretion of the visa officer to decide whether or not to consider the work experience continuous.

Having said that, 40 days, IMO, is quite a big gap and I'm inclined to believe that the VO will not consider this continuous. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear but such is life! I believe you need to gain 1 year continuous experience further to be eligible!

Feel free to post any other questions you might have! Good luck and all the very best!

merc0139

Jan 6, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, as discussed there - this is in the grey area. I believe it is at the discretion of the visa officer to decide whether or not to consider the work experience continuous.

Having said that, 40 days, IMO, is quite a big gap and I'm inclined to believe that the VO will not consider this continuous. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear but such is life! I believe you need to gain 1 year continuous experience further to be eligible!

Feel free to post any other questions you might have! Good luck and all the very best!
Hi Raj, just read the link you'd posted. Seems like it is a gray area!
Oh dear.

Well thank you manifolds for your assistance and I wish you all the very best for your application too! :)

merc0139

Jan 6, 2016
joelmath said:
As Raj already stated, you do not seem to meet minimum eligibility criteria for "FSW". For CEC your 1 year minimum work exp requirement need not be continuous.
Hi Joel, thank you for the help! Raj clarified it further for me.

Sad sad news for me! Oh, well!

Thank you once again though. :)

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
hi guys...after almost 6mos i finally got my ppr. would like to thank you guys for answering my queries back when i was just creating my profile and prepping for my ita. this thread really helped me a ton. id rather not mention names but obviously you all know who's on the top of the list for answering the queries :D

swisswise

Jan 24, 2016
Hi Guys,

My spouse works as researcher in biotech industry and has the credential assessment applied. I on the other hand has sql dba experience buy my creds evaluation is kind of time taking process due to multiple locations.

so planning to proceed with my spouse being the primary profile owner.
I have few questions.

1. can my creds assessment added later on to the express entry profile.
2. is it mandatory to get my assessment, will there be any benefits
3. same above two questions for IELTS.

4. can i apply to canadian job market as well once my spouse express entry profile is created on CIC
5. can i create my own express entry profile while my spoue has another profile.

thanks

khakankundi

Jul 10, 2015
joelmath said:
Any particular reason for selecting Comparative Education Service (CES). There processing time is 15-20 weeks and charges are nearly equivalent to WES.

WES generally completes evaluations in 20 days. You can use Free Degree Equivalency Tool for an idea on what final evaluation results will be.

If your MBA from Preston gets Canadian equivalence of Masters then you do not have to send BA docs for evaluation.

Thank You for your reply.

WES website states, "WES evaluates documents from designated academic institutions ONLY. If your institution is not included on the list it cannot be evaluated by WES at this time."
Preston university is not in the list of designated academic institutions.

olympus

Dec 15, 2015
Hello guys,

A question regarding education assessment with WES. Considering that I have finished my bachelors and masters degree, do I need to assess my secondary education as well?

Or just assessing bachelors and masters degree should be enough?

Appreciate the assistance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mapledipped said:
hi guys...after almost 6mos i finally got my ppr. would like to thank you guys for answering my queries back when i was just creating my profile and prepping for my ita. this thread really helped me a ton. id rather not mention names but obviously you all know who's on the top of the list for answering the queries :D
Congratulation!! Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
swisswise said:
Hi Guys,

My spouse works as researcher in biotech industry and has the credential assessment applied. I on the other hand has sql dba experience buy my creds evaluation is kind of time taking process due to multiple locations.

so planning to proceed with my spouse being the primary profile owner.
I have few questions.

1. can my creds assessment added later on to the express entry profile.

Yes

2. is it mandatory to get my assessment, will there be any benefits

Optional but it will add points to his CRS

3. same above two questions for IELTS.

The same answers apply.

4. can i apply to canadian job market as well once my spouse express entry profile is created on CIC

You can do it anytime, you don't need a EE profile to apply for jobs.

5. can i create my own express entry profile while my spoue has another profile.

Pointless. You can can create one profile and whoever gets the maximum CRS points should be the PA. The other should be the dependent.

thanks

am4501

Jan 27, 2016
Hi everybody!

I am new to the forum and just has started my journey to Canada. I red everything about the EE process, analysed my situation and decided to create my EE profile and here is the first problem I stuck with:

1. I got my language test done (CLB 7).
2. Got my Education Credential Assessment
3. Determined my eligibility through the CIC questionnaire, which said I could be eligible.
4. Then I filled in all the info for the EE profile and got message that I am NOT eligible.

I assume that the problem is related to my work history and NOCs:

Primary NOC - 0213

NOC 2011 Self-employed since 2011
NOC 0122 Company 1 2010 - 2011
NOC 4163 Company 2 2010 - 2010
NOC 0122 Company 3 2008 - 2009
NOC 0122 Company 4 2006 - 2008
NOC 0601 Company 5 2005 - 2006
NOC 0213 Company 6 2003 - 2005

Please advise what is wrong with it?

Thanks in advance!

Alexey