+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

azchill

Jul 14, 2015
Hi, i want some one to suggest me about the express entry documentation.

I am currently on restoration period but have filled for my work permit as my lmia got approved. I am worried that i have already applied been on implied status and after my implied status ended i got my lmia approved. So currently i have filled for my lmia and paid the restoration fee for workpermit. Can i apply for express entry showing that i have an LMIA or should i wait for my work permit to arrived and then fie for my express entry.

If any one have any information about this can they please help me out.

kool_buddy

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
nithincr1984 said:
Hi,

I am new to this thread.

The question, "Is this FSWP is only for those who all are in Canada?

There is no hope for me to go to canada as my CRS point in only 337/600.

I am 32 years only and there is no other option for me to increase the point.

So i dropped my dream to settle in canada.

Those who all have more than 440 CRS points. All the very best.

Regards

NCR
Hi Nithin,

So, are you saying if we have a score lower than 440, we won't be having any chance of getting an ITA? I seem to be getting a score of 382 (excluding the 1 year cert. program I pursued in Canada), I did not include this as I am not sure if I can get extra points apart from my bachelors, it would be great if someone can please answer me about this too. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imgoingtocanada said:
hi,

do i also need to get an ECA if applying through Provincial Nominee Program?

thanks
If you are claiming points for a foreign education credential under any program, you will need an ECA unless explicitly stated otherwise by the province.

Mahroo Aamir

Feb 25, 2015
I attested my documents from Pakistan with WES reference No . Now WES website is showing received documents waiting for payment. Did my Institute send my documents to them directly or i have to send by myself??

nithincr1984

Jul 13, 2015
Hi kool_buddy,

Please check the draw list so far happened.
The lowest CRS points they have considered is 453 (twice in the past 6+ months) and based on this ppl are appearing for IELTS and taking better score to improve their points.
So obviously those who are sticking with their current score which is less than 440 remains the same position and others going forward.
Concept behind this is the govt is getting applicants as per their needs which is above their cut off points.
So they won't consider for others.

kool_buddy

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
nithincr1984 said:
Hi kool_buddy,

Please check the draw list so far happened.
The lowest CRS points they have considered is 453 (twice in the past 6+ months) and based on this ppl are appearing for IELTS and taking better score to improve their points.
So obviously those who are sticking with their current score which is less than 440 remains the same position and others going forward.
Concept behind this is the govt is getting applicants as per their needs which is above their cut off points.
So they won't consider for others.
Thanks for the answer.

I am good in my English language skills but I wonder if I would get a better score than my present IELTS score (which isn't good too) if I take it again as I am not confident to get better scores because of the way it's tested.

My present IELTS score (L-7.5/R-6.5/W-7.0/S-7.5).

That's why I am curious if my 1 year Canadian graduate certificate (diploma) will add any points, apart from my existing Indian bachelors degree (I already got it WES verified). I am getting 382 CRS points right now!

Rohitn

May 23, 2015
rojiv94 said:
Thats depends upon your EE score.
If your score is above 320, Then don't waste $500 for ECA done with spouse education
In case of married couples applying for EE, does it really matter who applies as primary applicant, as I find wife been a primary applicant and husband as spouse seems to be a wise idea as wife gets more points for age (considering shes younger and has equivalent education and 3+ years of work exp, so she scores more on CRS??

Please advise

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rohitn said:
In case of married couples applying for EE, does it really matter who applies as primary applicant, as I find wife been a primary applicant and husband as spouse seems to be a wise idea as wife gets more points for age (considering shes younger and has equivalent education and 3+ years of work exp, so she scores more on CRS??

Please advise
CIC does't care which spouse is the PA. It is your personal choice and definitely more prudent to choose this based on which of the 2 profiles gets the highest CRS score.

nithincr1984

Jul 13, 2015
Hi Kool_buddy,

If you have work exp in canada (check the hours of work needed), that will add 25 to 50 points to your score.
Also include your cad certification which will give you 25 extra. And based on your IELTS you are in CLB 8 it seems, try to get CLB 9 (L8, S7, R7, W7) you will get additional 28 plus 50 points to your CRS. Way too easy for you mate

jaspalpisces

Jul 13, 2015
Hi

Whilst trying to login into mycic account when i try to accept the, "MyCIC Terms and Conditions" i progress further to the url state - onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/establishSecurityQuestions

I had called up the GCKey Contact nos where in i was told to write to question@cic.gc.ca. I have done this on 06th July 2015 but i havent heard back anything from them even after repeated reminders.

Is there anything i am missing because of which this process is getting stalled or anything that needs to be taken care of on the browser part, have used Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla latest versions in this effort.

Look forward to a solution ASAP.

Many Thanks in advance.

Thanks and warm regards

JS

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Hi All,

First of all, thank you for all the information and help here. I am originally from India but came to Canada for undergrad studies, got a bachelor's degree in New Brunswick and I have been working for over 1 year full-time on my Post-Graduate Work Permit under NOC code 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers.

I have a few questions:

1) When I put in my NOC code, it asks when was the first date I was qualified for this NOC. I am not sure how to answer this as I got a marketing manager job directly after my Honours Bachelors degree. I don't know of any certification I would get before becoming a marketing manager. I do not have any previous work experience. I have worked under this NOC code on my current job for over 1 year.

2) On the CIC website, it says Employers seeking to employ open work permit holders are exempt from the requirement to first obtain a positive labour market impact assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada. If I have worked in this job for over 1 year and still working here, under my EE profile do I say I have a job offer with LMIA, no job offer, etc?

I'm not sure of the exact steps to fill an EE profile with the Canadian Experience Class, it says we don't need LMIA so do I lose those points automatically?

Thank you for your help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twztedelegance said:
Hi All,

First of all, thank you for all the information and help here. I am originally from India but came to Canada for undergrad studies, got a bachelor's degree in New Brunswick and I have been working for over 1 year full-time on my Post-Graduate Work Permit under NOC code 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers.

I have a few questions:

1) When I put in my NOC code, it asks when was the first date I was qualified for this NOC. I am not sure how to answer this as I got a marketing manager job directly after my Honours Bachelors degree. I don't know of any certification I would get before becoming a marketing manager. I do not have any previous work experience. I have worked under this NOC code on my current job for over 1 year.

Input the month of graduation, that will do.

2) On the CIC website, it says Employers seeking to employ open work permit holders are exempt from the requirement to first obtain a positive labour market impact assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada. If I have worked in this job for over 1 year and still working here, under my EE profile do I say I have a job offer with LMIA, no job offer, etc?

There has been considerable discussion on this since January. Answer Yes to that question only if you have an LMIA supported job offer. Else No.

I'm not sure of the exact steps to fill an EE profile with the Canadian Experience Class, it says we don't need LMIA so do I lose those points automatically?

Yes. You can't claim those 600 points unless you have an LMIA supported job offer.

Thank you for your help

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Thank you very much, based on this it seems my score is 444. Hope this is good enough for ITA as seems like it's a generic score for anyone with 1 year CEC. I guess my only option to increase the score is to try and get PNP? I have 8.5/9 on IELTS

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask that one my friend want to apply for EE... according to the calculator he is getting 380 points & is single.

Can anyone suggest possible ways to get ITA or get PR visa...

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

willa

Oct 30, 2014
Hi,

Could someone explain what does job status in the requirements for a letter from the employer mean?
Thanks