+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nightrocker said:
Hi all,

A came across I thread on this forum where someone had created document to list all the reasons that people were getting rejections from CIC (after the ITA was issued and PR application was submitted by candidates). It's was a living document where people who were getting rejections would add the reason of the rejection of their application.

I can't find that thread/document, if someone know could you please post the link here? Thanks a lot.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.1485.html

Sep 7, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Primary NOC doesn't affect your CRS score but it directly impacts program eligibility. Strongly recommend that you confirm if you'll be eligible under your particular program (I'm guessing it is FSW) before changing your primary NOC.

Three things to check.

1. Do you have at least 1 year of continuous paid full time (or equivalent part time) work experience in the other NOC?

2. Is that other NOC 0/A/B?

3. How many points do you get for work experience under JUST that other NOC on FSW grid (9/11/13/15)? If you change to the other NOC and your overall score falls below 67/100, your ITA will be void ab initio.
I'm in FSW (Federal Skilled Worker). Basically this is my first job (4 years of experience), so I could only use 1 NOC for the experience...
How could I confirm that? Calling CIC? As far I know systems engineers (2147) and software engineers (2173 ) also apply for FSW, both are NOC A .

By the way, thanks for the help!.

ss0704

Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Medicals...before or after submission of application????!!

Asivad Anac said:
Medicals are mandatory.

And ask your consultant to find another job.
Hey Asivad...!!

I cant thank you enough in words...for the sound piece of advice...

FYI- post ur guidance...filed for medical appointment with a panel physician... attended the medicals immediately and got the e-medical form...
Uploaded it finally and application submitted...phew...!!!
Received the AOR...a big thnks from my parents also..they jus cudnt believe that i am getting all this wonderful help from a total stranger on a forum... :p

Have another request...AOR Received...however i am not sure what are the next steps...i know thrs a wait involved but i think its better i keep myself informed and ready rather than depending on my dumb consultant... so kindly let me know what happens after AOR...i have read sumthn like 2 lines-3 lines- ECAS in peoples post...but not sure what they mean...do let me know...

Much Thanks!!!!! you are awesome.. keep the good work going..!!

Sep 8, 2015
Hello Friends

I am sorry if i am asking these questions in the wrong thread. I had completed WES and IELTS and all set to create the express Entry. Whiling filling form, i am stuck with below 2 questions. Not sure how to proceed. Please suggest

1) NOC for Primary Occupation: I had worked as IT business Analyst for a banking company and my duties matches well with NOC 2171. But don't have any degree nor training in computer programing. However I graduated in BTECH- Electronic and communication and also have a MBA in finance. Can you please suggest if I am eligible to choose Noc 2171?

2) Date XXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation : I had completed my BTECH in March 2010 and MBA in September 2012(course completed on March'12 but exams were held in Sep'12). But I had got a full time paid Business Analyst Job from June 2012 to Aug 2013. So can you please suggest which date should I choose for “First become qualified to practice”? And if I give Sep 2012 as “First become qualified to practice” , will I be able to claim 1 year of experience which mandatory for FSW

PS: I have 7 months of experience of ( 2014-2015) as a Professor in a MBA college , not sure if it can be accounted to my work experience

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
immi12345 said:
Thanks RajKamal...

Just to be double sure, so do you mean my work experience will be counted as of 46 months when I have worked for company A for 23 months and then a break of 12 months (did nothing) then again worked for Company B for 23 months.

Reason why I am re-confirming the question is: in the example you have provided is you have used 3 companies with some work experience in all of them, however mine is no work for a period of 12 months in between switching companies.

This is more for calculating points using CRS, as the points varied a lot when I put in work experience of 1 year vis-a-vis experience of 3 years.
Will appreciate the expert reply.

Thanks!!
Yes, correct. It doesn't matter if you are unemployed in between jobs. All relevant experience that you have gained in the past 10 years can be counted.

The "minimum one year, paid, full(or equivalent part-time), continuous experience" clause is only applicable to determine eligibility. You have passed this eligibility check and so you can count the work experience you have gained in the past 10 years.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jackson4532_15PR said:
Hello Friends

I am sorry if i am asking these questions in the wrong thread. I had completed WES and IELTS and all set to create the express Entry. Whiling filling form, i am stuck with below 2 questions. Not sure how to proceed. Please suggest

1) NOC for Primary Occupation: I had worked as IT business Analyst for a banking company and my duties matches well with NOC 2171. But don't have any degree nor training in computer programing. However I graduated in BTECH- Electronic and communication and also have a MBA in finance. Can you please suggest if I am eligible to choose Noc 2171?

Your work experience does not necessarily need to match your education. If that were the case, most of the Indians wouldn't be eligible to apply through EE (because whatever their education background is, they come to IT so...). In my opinion, you can choose 2171.

2) Date XXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation : I had completed my BTECH in March 2010 and MBA in September 2012(course completed on March'12 but exams were held in Sep'12). But I had got a full time paid Business Analyst Job from June 2012 to Aug 2013. So can you please suggest which date should I choose for “First become qualified to practice”? And if I give Sep 2012 as “First become qualified to practice” , will I be able to claim 1 year of experience which mandatory for FSW

About this.. I am not very sure but I think you need to select the date you got your final semester results. Though you got the job offer in June 2012, you would have started working only after you completed your final semester results. So, I think you must select the day you got your final semester results. You must count the dates of employment from the date you joined the company (not the date of offer letter) till the day you quit. So, in my opinion, if you joined work only after your exam results were declared, you will not have completed 1 year, so you will not be eligible.
You need at least one year, CONTINUOUS, paid, full-time or equivalent part-time exp to be eligible.

PS: I have 7 months of experience of ( 2014-2015) as a Professor in a MBA college , not sure if it can be accounted to my work experience

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Check this out. May be this will help you to understand your application status.

Here is the link : http://cdn.fsw2014.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/FSW_ECAS.jpg?f3f6b1

Ranma

Sep 8, 2015
Hi seniors, I'm confused about something: Do I need to have a job offer in order to get the additional 600 points?
Is it a MUST have criteria for someone who wanted to migrate to Canada via EE?

From the offical site:
Additional points (Maximum 600 points)
Arranged employment (positive Labour Market Impact Assessment required) 600
Provincial or territorial nomination 600

It is showing that the maximum obtained points is 600.
Therefore, if I can obtain a provincial or territorial nomination, then I wouldn't need a job offer, right?
Or does PNP itself requires you to have a job offer first from an employer of the provincial?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance! :)

n_142007

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Helllo :D :D :D
I have one question, if anyone can help.

my qualifications certificates had been sent to be evaluates for both PEBC & WES

is there any difference if I applied in the EE as pharmacist or pharmacy manager?

and if any, wich one will be better & why ?

thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ranma said:
Hi seniors, I'm confused about something: Do I need to have a job offer in order to get the additional 600 points?
Is it a MUST have criteria for someone who wanted to migrate to Canada via EE?

From the offical site:
Additional points (Maximum 600 points)
Arranged employment (positive Labour Market Impact Assessment required) 600
Provincial or territorial nomination 600

It is showing that the maximum obtained points is 600.
Therefore, if I can obtain a provincial or territorial nomination, then I wouldn't need a job offer, right?
Or does PNP itself requires you to have a job offer first from an employer of the provincial?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance! :)
Neither is mandatory. Getting a LIMA supported job offer while you are still not a PR is almost close to impossible. PNP is doable but there is heavy competition.

First, check your CRS here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Depending on your score, you can decide if you need a PNP or not.

Not all provinces require job offer. For instance, Alberta and British Columbia require a job offer. Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Ontario (requires 400 + CRS), Prince Edward Island don't. Please note that PNP is not mandatory ; If you have a decent CRS (above 450 considering the current scenario), you wouldn't need PNP/Job offer.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
n_142007 said:
Helllo :D :D :D
I have one question, if anyone can help.

my qualifications certificates had been sent to be evaluates for both PEBC & WES

is there any difference if I applied in the EE as pharmacist or pharmacy manager?

and if any, wich one will be better & why ?

thanks in advance.
EE system is NOC agnostic. So, generally speaking, you will not be given any preference for a particular NOC but please note that the NOC you choose must match your roles and responsibilities and it must fall under a 0, A or B category.

n_142007

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
EE system is NOC agnostic. So, generally speaking, you will not be given any preference for a particular NOC but please note that the NOC you choose must match your roles and responsibilities and it must fall under a 0, A or B category.
thanks for answer Mr. Raj

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
mumbai5 said:
Hi All,

I have a question on NOC. I am working in a bank. I worked with the IT Department of the bank for about 5 years and later took an internal transfer to Loans & credit monitoring department. Currently I am with the Credit monitoring department and involved in techno-functional activities like enhancement , requirement gathering, change management for the monitoring software.

I would like to get guidance on what NOC code should I be opting.

Thanks.

Mumbai5

Hi Team,

I would like to get suggestions on whether I should be having 2171 or 0122.

Thanks,
Mumbai5

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
francisco_campos said:
I'm in FSW (Federal Skilled Worker). Basically this is my first job (4 years of experience), so I could only use 1 NOC for the experience...
How could I confirm that? Calling CIC? As far I know systems engineers (2147) and software engineers (2173 ) also apply for FSW, both are NOC A .

By the way, thanks for the help!.
Not an expert but I'll give you my opinion on this. Your designation is not THAT important but your roles and responsibilities are. I'm sure that your payslip will mention your designation as well. If they give you the designation of "Systems Engineer", then I think you can have the same NOC. Your roles and responsibilities should match closely, though.

If they mention designation as "Software Engineer", then, I'm not sure, I guess you will be out of luck because a "Software Engineer" most definitely doesn't sound like the designation of someone whose work involves Electronics/Electronic Engineering.

Having said that, "Systems Engineer" sounds generic while "Software Engineer" is very specific to IT field (NOC 2173).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mumbai5 said:
Hi All,

I have a question on NOC. I am working in a bank. I worked with the IT Department of the bank for about 5 years and later took an internal transfer to Loans & credit monitoring department. Currently I am with the Credit monitoring department and involved in techno-functional activities like enhancement , requirement gathering, change management for the monitoring software.

I would like to get guidance on what NOC code should I be opting.

Thanks.

Mumbai5

Hi Team,

I would like to get suggestions on whether I should be having 2171 or 0122.

Thanks,
Mumbai5
Your NOC depends on your roles and responsibilities (and a little, on your designation too). Though you have taken transfer to Loans & credit monitoring department, if your line of work is still IT (change management, providing program enhancements/fixing defects etc), then you must choose the relevant NOC in the IT department (2174?). Also, what is your designation btw?