+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hey guys, It is clear that once we get PR, we need to move to Canada before the expiry of medicals. But, is there any time-limit for which one has to stay in Canada before returning to his home country(like in my case, India)? And, for how much time one can stay in their home country when returning from Canada after getting PR and landing in Canada.
Please advise.
Thanks.
You can stay as long as you want in India after you land in Canada as a PR. However, to maintain your PR status you'll need to physically be present in Canada 3 out of 5 years from the date you became a PR.

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hey....does it makes sense to go for medical exams near the end of 90 days period for example after 65-70 days after receiving ITA so that one has a bigger time frame to plan their landing in Canada.
It depends on your strategy, and availability of appointments for medical examination. If you are sure you want to enter Canada as soon as you get PR then get your medicals done sooner.
If your strategy is to have a PR as a backup option and explore other avenues (such as working in another country, or getting maximum revenue out of your current job etc.) then go for medicals 65-70 days after your ITA, that way you'll get maximum time to take care of your pending matters before you enter /land in Canada

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hey....does it makes sense to go for medical exams near the end of 90 days period for example after 65-70 days after receiving ITA so that one has a bigger time frame to plan their landing in Canada.
You have 90 days to submit e-apr. But do note that downside of delaying will mean pr process will take that much longer. So its all about your priorities, if you don't mind processing taking longer it's ok to do as you said.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
You can stay as long as you want in India after you land in Canada as a PR. However, to maintain your PR status you'll need to physically be present in Canada 3 out of 5 years from the date you became a PR.
Thanks for replying.. For how long do I need to stay in Canada when I first land in Canda after getting PR before I can return back to India? Thanks.

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for replying.. For how long do I need to stay in Canada when I first land in Canda after getting PR before I can return back to India? Thanks.
As @DelPiero07 said, you can return as soon as you complete your landing procedure. However I would advise you to wait in Canada until you receive your PR card which may take up to 60 days. Else, you have your PR card sent to any of your relatives and have it mailed to you in India.
You'll need PR card to re-enter Canada.

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

Dimps

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Is anyone familiar with NBPNP? Can I register and attend for their information session/job fair eventhough my occupation is not listed in their in demand occupation list? Will my application also be considered as second priority as long as i have attended the information session in the last 2 years?

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi need some advice for post ITA process. The confusion starts here.
While completing the EE profile did not show any work experience for my wife as it would not have earned us any points since it was out of Canada experience. So now while filling the PR form in the ACTIVITIES section what do I mention she has been doing in the last 10 years? If I enter her employment details would that not be a conflict to what had been declared earlier? Or is it that I enter her employment records here and explain the same in LOE?
Any inputs from the experts would be helpful.
TIA

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi need some advice for post ITA process. The confusion starts here.
While completing the EE profile did not show any work experience for my wife as it would not have earned us any points since it was out of Canada experience. So now while filling the PR form in the ACTIVITIES section what do I mention she has been doing in the last 10 years? If I enter her employment details would that not be a conflict to what had been declared earlier? Or is it that I enter her employment records here and explain the same in LOE?
Any inputs from the experts would be helpful.
TIA
You are mixing two things here. Not showing/showing work experience is purely for the purpose of claiming points, you can show her employement details in personal history and say she has been working. It is just that if you dont show under work details under work history you avoid unnecesaary documentation. You dont need to hide she has been working so there is no question of conflict.

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
Hi... While creating my CIC account I am unable to add my Child (5 year old) details as a dependent. I have mentioned 3 dependents in my details form. However, I am only getting the option to update/add my spouse's details only.

I am worried, because while filling in the eligibility tool (the first step before creating the CIC profile) I had mentioned 2 dependents - by mistake,it had to be 3 including myself.

What am I to do now... should I create a new profile altogether....or is there a way to make edits in the current profile?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi... While creating my CIC account I am unable to add my Child (5 year old) details as a dependent. I have mentioned 3 dependents in my details form. However, I am only getting the option to update/add my spouse's details only.

I am worried, because while filling in the eligibility tool (the first step before creating the CIC profile) I had mentioned 2 dependents - by mistake,it had to be 3 including myself.

What am I to do now... should I create a new profile altogether....or is there a way to make edits in the current profile?
That's the way it is for everyone.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Hey guys,

I am inland EE spouse of main applicant (canadian experience class)
I am going to go for important trip out of Canada for 5 weeks.
I am afraid very much that I will receive request for additional docs and my husband will not be able to provide it without me.
I have two questions:
1. what will happen if docs requested but submitted in 35-40 days instead of 30? application refused?
2. what will happen if passports will be requested and not send within 30 days?

thank you