+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Sibling Points -permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead of PR card

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
Hi,

My brother's PR expired while he was in Pakistan, therefore, he was given permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada.

I am applying for Express Entry and I just received an ITA to apply. My CRC score is 493, while the cut off score is 475. My brother is in Canada since July 2020, but still has not received his PR Card because of the delay due to Covid-19.

I claimed 15 sibling points.

Now my concern is that the CIC website says that I must submit PR card or proof of citizenship to claim sibling points.

Taking the Covid-19 situation into consideration, it may take 3-4 months to receive the PR card.

I think the best I can do it attach permanent resident travel document (PRTD) and his expired PR card and submit a Letter of Explanation explaining the situation.

however, if they dont accept these documents, my question is will they deny the case or will they deduct the 15 points for the sibling. If they just deduct the points, my points will become 478 which is still more than cut off score of 475. Will that be okay?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
That will work because they can presumably look up your brother's UCI to verify.

I believe proof of his current residence in Canada is also required, so you still have to include a recent employment record/bill/bank statement/lease of his with a Canadian address.

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
That will work because they can presumably look up your brother's UCI to verify.

I believe proof of his current residence in Canada is also required, so you still have to include a recent employment record/bill/bank statement/lease of his with a Canadian address.
Thank you for the response. I am submitting his lease, wifi bill and interim driving license mentioning the address. Is that enough?

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
You can certainly try. Best of luck.
Just wanted confirm one thing that in case they dont accept my brother's expired PR and permanent resident travel document (PRTD), will they deny the case or just deduct 15 points from CRC score? After deduction, I should still have 478 points which is still more than cut off score of 475.

Thank you for the help.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Just wanted confirm one thing that in case they dont accept my brother's expired PR and permanent resident travel document (PRTD), will they deny the case or just deduct 15 points from CRC score? After deduction, I should still have 478 points which is still more than cut off score of 475.

Thank you for the help.
since his PR card expired im guessing he has been a PR for long. since he is residing in canada, it should be fine. throw in his tax forms for added credibility and you should be good to go.