+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry / Self Employed

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
Every single person here is aiming to get PR or become a Canadian citizen. All of us have our own reasons.

In my home country(Turkey) , when there is a conflict the issue always solved in favor of the powerful one not the right one. However, in Canada If you are right , you can get what you deserve even against the most powerful person or institution. The justice system works. That is why I have been living here happily for almost 5 years. That is why i called Canada , home.

In my opinion there are some issues with express entry system which creates in justice for me and for all self employed applicants.

1-) Self employment work does not counts for Canadian Experience Class so the only option is Federal Skilled Worker category for self employed person to be eligible for the express entry pool, but at the same time that FSW requires CLB 7(Adequate proficiency in workplace and community contexts ) while CEC requires CLB5(Acquiring proficiency in workplace and community contexts). According to that, the applicant that works at home, on his own , in front of his computer requires higher score than the one that works in a workplace. which makes no sense

2-) You Score higher and become eligible for pool , congrats !.
for the
Core / human capital factors your work experience does not count, so for max self employed could get 520 others 600
Skill transferability factors your work experience does not count, so self employed could get score from max 2 of 5 sections
Additional points for almost all self employed jobs , there is no possibility for Arranged Employment

So as a self employed person, I have to achieve more , but still getting lower score ; on the other hand, nobody says that I have to pay lower tax because I am self employed, nobody says i have to pay less for health services, for public transit.

So I ask all the lawyers and lawmakers to solve this inequity, or at least a logical explanation for the reasons of this inequity.

Everyone please write your opinion on this issue , I want to know what you all thinking

mk76

Sep 20, 2018
self-employment work can apply while on TRV status...? and what is a procedure? plz guide me