+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry requirements

brunoaugusto

Oct 2, 2015
Hello friends,
I'm gathering some info about the express entry and I want to confirm something.
In order to enter the express entry pool, all I need is to qualify for one of the immigration processes, right? For example, if my education level is high school I won't qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker, but if I work full-time in canada for 1 year I will be eligible for the canadian experience class, right? Then if I get a job offer I can enter the pool and get an ITA(if my score is high enough)?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
brunoaugusto said:
Hello friends,
I'm gathering some info about the express entry and I want to confirm something.
In order to enter the express entry pool, all I need is to qualify for one of the immigration processes, right? For example, if my education level is high school I won't qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker, but if I work full-time in canada for 1 year I will be eligible for the canadian experience class, right? Then if I get a job offer I can enter the pool and get an ITA(if my score is high enough)?
Well.... for either FSW or CEC, the work experience has to be classified as "skilled" (level O, A, or B on the National Occupational Classification - NOC) -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/html/Matrix.html

If you get (A) a full-time permanent job offer that is (B) confirmed by an LMIA, then you would have a high enough score... not easy to do, tho.