+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry Rejection : Basis of staying in quebec

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Thank you so much .Will sure update IRCC by July then.
Hi FoodGatherer
I got transfer letter by my employer and I have submitted it via Webform Today.
I will be moving to Toronto by Aug. I am yet to receive offer letter but at least I hope I will get a chance to explain rather than outright rejection.
Thank you so much for your advice. Much appreciated !!!

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
it takes around 3-4 months to get PFL. If you can send it by July 2nd week, it should be fine.
Hi @FoodGatherer
I will be moving to Toronto by Aug. I am yet to receive offer letter but at least I hope I will get a chance to explain rather than outright rejection.

Reactions: CEC_Candidate1001

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks @FoodGatherer I will surely consult an immigration lawer. But asking for transfer doesn't make much sense, the situation is as per my office documents, I am employee of Tornonto only as my employer doesn't have any office in Quebec. It is just that I have to sit at my client's office as a representative of my employer (to attend meetings or resolve any issues, client asked for this thing) as I mentioned above, my payslips, job/assignment letter, T4 forms all have Toronto address. Montreal is only mentioned in my work permit and my current temporary address. The contract with this client is going to end in December 2020, if there is no other project I will have to move back to my home country in that case.

Also regarding my address, last whole year I was in temporary accommodation only which was arranged by my employer since I have to be away from office due to client's requirement.
FYI for tax purposes, just because your T4 forms are in Ontario doesn´t necessarily mean you have to file your taxes in Ontario... It´s about where were you residing on Dec 31 of that year.

If you consider Montreal your temporary residence that would imply you have a permanent one in Ontario, hopefully that´s your case.

But if you´re saying your work contract with your employer is only for the Montreal client and he wouldn´t hire you elsewhere in Canada, then you have a strong motive to keep living in Quebec "temporarily" after you get your PR which might not help your situation... So you might wanna check with a lawyer.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Thanks @lostinquebec i got your point, yes I m talking to lawyer and he strongly recommended to get out of Quebec as soon as possible, better if I can move out before submitting and that's what I am planning to do. Thanks a lot for your advice

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi @FoodGatherer
you are welcome. Good luck!

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
you are welcome. Good luck!
Hi @FoodGatherer @asdfghj I have a query
I m in CA on a closed intra company transfer work permit, which was extended this year in April. In my old work permit it was written in Condition section that 'NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN STATED' along with other conditions
My new work permit also had the above condition but there is a Remark section in the bottom of my new work permit which states that

Remark/Observation:
'TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER R183(6). INTRA-COMPANY TRANSFEREE-SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE. AUTHORIZED TO WORK AT VARIOUS SITES ACROSS CANADA".

This is little confusing, am I allowed to move to different location or not?

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi @FoodGatherer @asdfghj I have a query
I m in CA on a closed intra company transfer work permit, which was extended this year in April. In my old work permit it was written in Condition section that 'NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN STATED' along with other conditions
My new work permit also had the above condition but there is a Remark section in the bottom of my new work permit which states that

Remark/Observation:
'TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER R183(6). INTRA-COMPANY TRANSFEREE-SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE. AUTHORIZED TO WORK AT VARIOUS SITES ACROSS CANADA".

This is little confusing, am I allowed to move to different location or not?
I would say yes but limited to your company branches.

bczar

Dec 10, 2019
@CEC_Candidate1001: On going through your comments, I realized that am also in the same boat. Even my work location is in Montreal on ICT. I received an ITA and I claimed points for job offer (arranged employment).

Did you claim points for job offer? Just moving out of Quebec would be sufficient?

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
@CEC_Candidate1001: On going through your comments, I realized that am also in the same boat. Even my work location is in Montreal on ICT. I received an ITA and I claimed points for job offer (arranged employment).

Did you claim points for job offer? Just moving out of Quebec would be sufficient?
I claimed points for 1 year experience which you can if you have worked in Quebec, you only need to show you intentions that you will be moving out of quebec

How much experience in Canada you have?

bczar

Dec 10, 2019
I claimed points for 1 year experience which you can if you have worked in Quebec, you only need to show you intentions that you will be moving out of quebec

How much experience in Canada you have?
I have 18+ months experience in Canada. I have claimed points for CEC as well as arranged employment. My worries are, I am on closed WP and my secondment letter says my work location is in Quebec, however, my employer is based out of Toronto. If I move to Ottawa, and mention in LoE that 'my employer will consider relocating me to Toronto', would that be suffice? What else can I provide in the LoE regarding the intention to move out of Quebec

Aman1212

Star Member
May 25, 2020
I have 18+ months experience in Canada. I have claimed points for CEC as well as arranged employment. My worries are, I am on closed WP and my secondment letter says my work location is in Quebec, however, my employer is based out of Toronto. If I move to Ottawa, and mention in LoE that 'my employer will consider relocating me to Toronto', would that be suffice? What else can I provide in the LoE regarding the intention to move out of Quebec
i am also in same boat but i didnt not add 50 points for limia exempt ICT work permit what i saw from other post seems like u wil need a rent agreement and driving license for Ontario to strengthen your claim . whats your total crs after cliaming 50 points ?

bczar

Dec 10, 2019
i am also in same boat but i didnt not add 50 points for limia exempt ICT work permit what i saw from other post seems like u wil need a rent agreement and driving license for Ontario to strengthen your claim . whats your total crs after cliaming 50 points ?
Its 470

Reactions: Aman1212