+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry Rejection : Basis of staying in quebec

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
@FoodGatherer @canuck_in_uk @scylla and any experts

1) Would they mention all the rejection criteria at once when they reject the application? I mean is this the only and final rejection criteria? (This is because, I'm worried that if I apply for the second time by myself, with all the supporting documents, and moving out of quebec, if they comeup with someother point for rejection, my time and effort would be in vain.
((however, when I called IRCC and asked why I got rejected, they were only saying that I got rejected on the basis of quebec residence and nothing much.))

2) How should I write a letter of explanation? What did you write? Can you brief it please? @FoodGatherer
Your best bet is to order GCMS notes to see if there is any other problem. For LOE, write the reason for the rejection and the steps you have taken to address the problems.

hykukaan

Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone

I am applying for BOWP from Ontario. My concern is with the IMM5710e form, in which I am confused as what to select for the 3rd question: The 3rd question question says:

3) I am applying for one or more of the following: (The options for the question are given below)

1)Apply for a work permit with the same employer
2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
3) Restore my status as a worker
4) Get a temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

My situation: I used to work in montreal for a quebec employer and I got laid off because of COVID-19 and then I got terminated from the job as I dont have enough work permit. I am no longer working in montreal and I moved to ontario recently. So WHICH OPTION I SHOULD SELECT FOR THE ABOVE QUESTION?? My work permit expires in another 3 days and I got my AOR when filed for PR recently. I have all the documents and yet struggling with the IMM5710e form.

ANY EXPERTS PLEASE HELP.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hi All, May I know which proof we can provide for moving out of Quebec. Currently I am in quebec and in my LOE I have mentioned " My current assignment will be finished in Oct,2020 and I am yet not sure about my next assignment – Depends on project requirements and my passport status. "
I am going to move to Toronto by the end of this month July 2020. I will be getting temporary location until I find the place to settle. In this case what should I convey to IRCC in order to minimize the impact of me being in montreal at this point of time.

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi All, May I know which proof we can provide for moving out of Quebec. Currently I am in quebec and in my LOE I have mentioned " My current assignment will be finished in Oct,2020 and I am yet not sure about my next assignment – Depends on project requirements and my passport status. "
I am going to move to Toronto by the end of this month July 2020. I will be getting temporary location until I find the place to settle. In this case what should I convey to IRCC in order to minimize the impact of me being in montreal at this point of time.
Hi,

It is your responsibility to prove that you will leave Quebec at the time of permanent residence. Proofs can include a job offer outside Quebec, house contract or a transfer letter by your employer. Most of the time, the officer will send you provisional fairness letter to explain your plan. Few times, they have rejected candidates outright without asking any explanation. Therefore, I advise you to send proofs as soon as possible using webform. Good luck!

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hi,

It is your responsibility to prove that you will leave Quebec at the time of permanent residence. Proofs can include a job offer outside Quebec, house contract or a transfer letter by your employer. Most of the time, the officer will send you provisional fairness letter to explain your plan. Few times, they have rejected candidates outright without asking any explanation. Therefore, I advise you to send proofs as soon as possible using webform. Good luck!
Hi ...Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. I got my next assignment in Toronto but yet I don't have any official document which I expect by mid July 2020. My application is 52 day's old now. I yet not received medical or bio-metrics. Generally how much time it will take my application to reach a point where they need this proof. I mean I don't want my application to be refused outright without asking any explanation. What can I do in this situation - I will get my transfer letter by end of July max. Can you please suggest - Shall I update this information to IRCC now or should I wait untill I get confirmaton letter from my employer. What are the timelines ....Do I have time till july end ...What do you suggest....Thanks you so much for your time and advice ..

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi ...Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. I got my next assignment in Toronto but yet I don't have any official document which I expect by mid July 2020. My application is 52 day's old now. I yet not received medical or bio-metrics. Generally how much time it will take my application to reach a point where they need this proof. I mean I don't want my application to be refused outright without asking any explanation. What can I do in this situation - I will get my transfer letter by end of July max. Can you please suggest - Shall I update this information to IRCC now or should I wait untill I get confirmaton letter from my employer. What are the timelines ....Do I have time till july end ...What do you suggest....Thanks you so much for your time and advice ..
it takes around 3-4 months to get PFL. If you can send it by July 2nd week, it should be fine.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hi all I am also in similar boat. In my case the employer is in Toronto, in my payslips and T4 forms every address is of Toronto, but the client of my employer is in Montreal Quebec. I act as a representative of my employer in its client's office. What all documents should I provide to show my intent to move out of Quebec

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all I am also in similar boat. In my case the employer is in Toronto, in my payslips and T4 forms every address is of Toronto, but the client of my employer is in Montreal Quebec. I act as a representative of my employer in its client's office. What all documents should I provide to show my intent to move out of Quebec
You are already out of Quebec and paying taxes for Ontario it should not affect you.Explaining in LOE will suffice as par my understanding.But I am not an expert...Please wait for others to comment.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
You are already out of Quebec and paying taxes for Ontario it should not affect you.Explaining in LOE will suffice as par my understanding.But I am not an expert...Please wait for others to comment.
Thank you, just to add to above information, my Work Permit also has mention on Montreal as physically I have to be present here, guys please help me with this

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Thank you, just to add to above information, my Work Permit also has mention on Montreal as physically I have to be present here, guys please help me with this
Your best bet is to get a transfer to Toronto at least for a year. Once you have your PR, you could move back. It is just a matter of respecting rules. Why don't you consult a lawyer?

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Your best bet is to get a transfer to Toronto at least for a year. Once you have your PR, you could move back. It is just a matter of respecting rules. Why don't you consult a lawyer?
Thanks @FoodGatherer I will surely consult an immigration lawer. But asking for transfer doesn't make much sense, the situation is as per my office documents, I am employee of Tornonto only as my employer doesn't have any office in Quebec. It is just that I have to sit at my client's office as a representative of my employer (to attend meetings or resolve any issues, client asked for this thing) as I mentioned above, my payslips, job/assignment letter, T4 forms all have Toronto address. Montreal is only mentioned in my work permit and my current temporary address. The contract with this client is going to end in December 2020, if there is no other project I will have to move back to my home country in that case.

Also regarding my address, last whole year I was in temporary accommodation only which was arranged by my employer since I have to be away from office due to client's requirement.

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Thanks @FoodGatherer I will surely consult an immigration lawer. But asking for transfer doesn't make much sense, the situation is as per my office documents, I am employee of Tornonto only as my employer doesn't have any office in Quebec. It is just that I have to sit at my client's office as a representative of my employer (to attend meetings or resolve any issues, client asked for this thing) as I mentioned above, my payslips, job/assignment letter, T4 forms all have Toronto address. Montreal is only mentioned in my work permit and my current temporary address. The contract with this client is going to end in December 2020, if there is no other project I will have to move back to my home country in that case.

Also regarding my address, last whole year I was in temporary accommodation only which was arranged by my employer since I have to be away from office due to client's requirement.
OK. Good.