+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry rejected within a day even with HIGH points

Immiman

Sep 4, 2008
I have Canadian engineering degree with 2 years working experience in Canada and am manager of an engineering company outside Canada. I am already a PR which expires on June 2016 but the problem is I left Canada due to pressing personal issues. I am short fo four months on Residency requirements. Recently I tried to apply for PR via Express Entry and gave ridiculous IELTS test(as I have Canadian degree) but was immediately rejected eventhough I have very high points. Is it because I already have a PR? I need soem advice please.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
They usually mention the reasons in your rejection letter. Also, you should order gcms notes to see any additional comments.

if you're a PR till June 2016, can't you just go back before expiry and stay there ? till you fulfill residency requirement.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
They usually mention the reasons in your rejection letter. Also, you should order gcms notes to see any additional comments.

if you're a PR till June 2016, can't you just go back before expiry and stay there ? till you fulfill residency requirement.
If he tries to go back, he will be reported at immigration and eventually lose PR.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
thejkhan said:
If he tries to go back, he will be reported at immigration and eventually lose PR.
Now, yes he will be reported because OP applied for EE, there might be some kind of notes in his files.
Technically, he is still a PR of Canada and legally entitled to enter Canada (even if CBSA sees that you have not met RO). If you are not reported, you would need to stay in Canada for 730 days, to `fix' your problem but i think it's too late now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Immiman said:
I have Canadian engineering degree with 2 years working experience in Canada and am manager of an engineering company outside Canada. I am already a PR which expires on June 2016 but the problem is I left Canada due to pressing personal issues. I am short fo four months on Residency requirements. Recently I tried to apply for PR via Express Entry and gave ridiculous IELTS test(as I have Canadian degree) but was immediately rejected eventhough I have very high points. Is it because I already have a PR? I need soem advice please.
Of course you were rejected. This was obviously going to be the outcome since you are still a PR and I'm not sure why you are surprised at the result.

If you want to reapply for PR, you first have to officially give up your PR status.
Since you haven't done this, you don't qualify to apply for PR and will be automatically rejected if you apply again.

sammy123

Nov 19, 2012
Yes they explicitly asked if I did apply to CIC before an asked for file number. No reasons for rejection were given. I tried my best to save my PR but need time to stay till I am ready to move.

I was told by two lawyers it would take around 2 ys for H&C conditions so assuming that time I can increase my probability by cancelling and reapplying.

i, Now how do I revoke and how long does it take to revoke PR?
ii, Which PNP or provincial program is friendly for engineers to immigrate?

Regards,

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Immiman said:
If you are already a PR what's the requirement that you are short by 4 months?

sammy123

Nov 19, 2012
dan_and said:
Did you submit an Express Entry profile, and that was deemed ineligible?

Or did you receive an ITA, upload documents and submit a full application?

I suspect it is the first - in that case it is more likely that you are ineligible for an additional reason other than the fact that you are already a PR.

Your course of action should be to talk to a good immigration lawyer and work on renewing your existing PR. Falling short by four months is not a massive time, and I believe that if you can prove that you still have ties to Canada, you may be successful in renewing your PR. But I'm no expert on this and neither is anyone on this forum I would think, so get professional help - you really need it.
It is the first I just filled profile and applied and was right away rejected , it showed not qualified for all other groups. Was it because of PR or other reason. My problem is my H&C is risky as my mom who was ill was in another country and I had to take care of business prupose I asked immigration lawyers they mentioend it would take 2 yrs to decide which is long and also by that time I can apply fresh PR application.

Here are the details:-
Profile: ineligible
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria Not Met (does not make sense previous calculator showed I have high points)
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met Help
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met Help
Canadian Experience Class Not Met Help
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
sammy123 said:
It is the first I just filled profile and applied and was right away rejected , it showed not qualified for all other groups. Was it because of PR or other reason. My problem is my H&C is risky as my mom who was ill was in another country and I had to take care of business prupose I asked immigration lawyers they mentioend it would take 2 yrs to decide which is long and also by that time I can apply fresh PR application.

Here are the details:-
Profile: ineligible
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria Not Met (does not make sense previous calculator showed I have high points)
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met Help
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met Help
Canadian Experience Class Not Met Help
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met
seems obvious as others have said why you were rejected given you are still a PR.

PR status never gets automatically cancelled and there are people on this forum and others who got PR 20 to 30 years ago didnt meet RO but are still PR in the system and only found out when they applied for an ETA.

Fact you only missed by 4 months should not be seen as a big deal assuming you can come back to Canada and stay for 2 years to requalify the RO. There could be a possibility of being flagged by CBSA on landing for not meeting RO but as PR you should still be able to enter Canada.

Renouncing PR is a simple process does not take long to process but why would you do that if there is a chance to keep current PR. Ultimately depends if you want to pursue the 2 year option or renounce and reapply for PR which may not be guaranteed even with a high score given who knows if they will use past PR history as a negative.

Seek professional Canadian advice and also look through the residency obligation thread for similar scenarios.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
dan_and said:
I don't know if the EE profile system is smart / connected enough to realise you are already a PR. It is possible that you're ineligible due to an additional reason. High CRS points do not guarantee meeting program requirements - it seems you have little idea how EE works.

What is clear is that even if you manage to successfully create an EE profile and receive an ITA, you're application will be reviewed by an officer and they will certainly realise you are a PR and reject your application. You would have to renounce first, as mentioned before.

However, it seems you have not conclusively verified if you in fact meet the immigration requirements at this point in time. The fact that your profile came back ineligible might be an indication that you don't. Renouncing your PR seems very dangerous under these circumstances because you might never get another one.

I would exhaust all avenues of keeping your existing PR before renouncing.
Thats the best advice exhaust all avenues to not renounce current PR. Once renounced who knows whether that will be a negative consideration if reapplying
on basis of not having met residency first time around so do everything to keep status given points may not help for a while.

You can bet the system knows PR status given even people who failed RO 20-30 years ago still show as PR when they apply for ETA which they cannot get as PRs without renouncing.

See the residency obligation thread for examples as well

sammy123

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks you for the answers. I am planning to consult some lawyers before taking any action. I am more concerned about the time lost. eg it takes 1 -2 yrs before a decision is made ad if I lose the case then 2 yrs is lost then I will have to reapply in which case I have lost 2 years. That is the reason I applied express entry thinking let it process and if I do get rejected by court I have a back up.

I will look out for the threads but have you or do you know anybody who had come across some lawyer regarding extending PR based on H&C reasons?