+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Refusal

saifssj6

Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

My PR application(Express Entry) was rejected because I gave the wrong police clearance certificate. I gave the one I received from Canada police instead of the one from my country. In the refusal letter it says the file is closed and the application number is no longer valid, to apply again. So there is no way to update my application is there? So I have to make a brand new application?

I also applied to TR to PR, would this refusal affect this application in anyway?
Any help on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

My PR application(Express Entry) was rejected because I gave the wrong police clearance certificate. I gave the one I received from Canada police instead of the one from my country. In the refusal letter it says the file is closed and the application number is no longer valid, to apply again. So there is no way to update my application is there? So I have to make a brand new application?

I also applied to TR to PR, would this refusal affect this application in anyway?
Thanks
For EE, you need to submit a new application. No effect on TR to PR program.

saifssj6

Jul 9, 2019
@Naturgrl Thanks, I am thinking of reapplying again. Is there anything extra I have to do this time? Another advice I need is I got promoted while I was working in that 1 year but in the same NOC. Do I need to put two separate sections or I can put it under 1 section?

I have got a new Job recently, but it may be NOC C or NOC B. Can I add this to my application later after submission, after I have confirmed it is NOC B?

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hello,

Thanks
I think you need to provide police certificate from Canada and any other country if you live or stay there for 6 months or more.

saifssj6

Jul 9, 2019
I was advised to mention this refusal in the 5669e form, any idea on that? My job status has changed since 6th may, should i need to mention the changes as well? got a new job and moved to a new city, same province

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Hello,

Thanks
Wats your AOR ? CRS points ?

SalmonAvocado

Jun 1, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
Don't mind me asking how did this happen actually? Thought they even indicate in the portal "Police certificate - [National]

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have a new job - NOC A, B or 0 then include it. No idea on form.
I was advised to mention this refusal in the 5669e form, any idea on that? My job status has changed since 6th may, should i need to mention the changes as well? got a new job and moved to a new city, same province