+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Reforms in 2016

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP keeps saying it is officially confirmed, and have been precise, but not able to give any source. Searching by his keywords does not give the result he mentioned. This does not make any sense.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be clear, I believe the government has been aware where the problem come:

There should be diversity in Federal immigration (inspiring from Québec for a quota for each country) as it makes no sense to see in Toronto too many students from the same country who attended colleges rather than university and engaged in low skilled jobs in order to acquire work experience, passing through the back door to get PR; after all these students do not stand out from the crowd as they cannot speak French which is in need all across outside Québec;

Foreign University graduate in Canada (excluding colleges) or those admitted with a Canadian Provincial Regulatory Body should be awarded additional points and be given priority for Permanent Residency because these students had paid high tuition fees, promote diversity and had to work very hard in order to be admitted as a Professional with a Regulatory Body in a Canadian province, considering the hard exams, strict requirements and the tie they had developed in the respective Province when being admitted with Canadian Regulatory Body;

On the top of that, if they speak French, it is cherry on the cake;

That’s what Canadians what to see instead of allowing those who acquired only Canadian Work Experience whilst competing with Canadian and pass through this easy route to apply for PR;

In this way, there will not be racism, frustration and everyone as a bilingual nation will be happy;

Canada is unique in that both English and French is the the Official Languages; However, I’m so scared (not only me but also the government) to see that disappear as I reiterate there are too many college students (same country national) who cannot speak French and discourage people to promote access to the French service;

tomjaz004

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they said additional points to university graduates only then this'll be another disaster for most of the Int'l students because most of the int'l students done their diplomas from colleges. I hope Govt. will not make such a decision bcz that'll be unfair.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomjaz004 said:
If they said additional points to university graduates only then this'll be another disaster for most of the Int'l students because most of the int'l students done their diplomas from colleges. I hope Govt. will not make such a decision bcz that'll be unfair.
No, it will not. If you only have a diploma then you don't have any fighting chance in EE system. IMO, a Bachelor degree is bare minimum requirement in order to secure an ITA.

tomjaz004

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No they precisely mentioning canadian degree most of the Int'l students got their degrees but from their home countries not from canada what about those believe me over 80% of Int'l students are like that either they have degrees from their home countries or they are just 12th pass and done diplomas in canAda.

jb_cec

Mar 24, 2015
I believe that If they decide to give extra points to international students it will be for everyone not just for university graduates. I agree that University degree holds more weight against college diploma so may be they decide to give more points to a degree holder than diploma holder. e.g if you have 1 year diploma you will get lets say 10 points, for 2 year diploma 20 and 4 year degree may worth 40. Again this is just my assumption, we will find out more in coming months.

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Elrud said:
The new thing is that now the government has been precise;

Some users might be frustrated because they might be college graduates;

Well, no offence; but the Minister has been precise this time mentioning "University graduates" for additional points;

That's great because college graduates will be excluded; good no competition with University graduates
So, what exactly is your point? Sounds like you have some personal issues with college graduate or the CIC system. You have not confirmed if any of the options put forward by other members is what you were refering to. You have not posted the source of your information yourself either. So what exactly is your grouse? You want college graduates not go have points or what exactly? And if they deny college graduates points, what does that do for the huge number of people in the pool waiting for ITAs? How does it even make sense that the govt will seperate college graduates from university graduates and award points to only one group? I can assure you that Canada will not do that. The thing that can happen is for the points to be graduated according to the level of Canadian education just as we have currently with the education points. The higher the qualification, the higher you will get.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomjaz004 said:
No they precisely mentioning canadian degree most of the Int'l students got their degrees but from their home countries not from canada what about those believe me over 80% of Int'l students are like that either they have degrees from their home countries or they are just 12th pass and done diplomas in canAda.
You keep saying "most int'l students" and "80% of int'l students". Are you personally know all int'l students here in Canada which more than 200,000 students or just your group of friends ? If you only have a Canadian diploma then you don't stand a chance in EE pool. I say again, a Canadian bachelor is bare minimum for an int'l student to have a small chance to secure EE.

jb_cec

Mar 24, 2015
That's not true, I don't have any degree I just hold a canadian diploma and I dont even have perfect scores in celpip but I still score 442. You think anyone with score 442 doesn't stand a chance. And I am not the only one I know a lot more people who are scoring in 430's and 440's with canadian diploma.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Why to speculate without having any official announcement? Can we do anything about it? If No, then what is the meaning of discussing. This post is misleading, which gives false hope to people.

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Elrud,
Having done my post graduation from Humber College after an Engineering Degree from India, i'm currently taking up two roles that of a computer network technician and admin support(Project coordination) in my industry. I have a huge loan on my head too, much like most of you "University Graduates" and am standing at 461 without the extra point on the basis of my Language scores.

The reason i needed to state this, is to show you that your facts do not apply here, in fact a few of my classmates have even gotten themselve into managerial positions with recognized Organizations. Well , i know the chance of having competitive advantage over other candidates might have got you really excited. So much so, that you are careless enough to post conclusions without a solid source and implying stuff based on the random articles that you have come across.

So far , i have found a lot of support , insight and optimism in this forum, and i hope moving on, you are considerate enough to realize that a lot of applicants here have put a lot on stake and are trying to patiently hang on. Please be more considerate with your posts and try not to discourage them, even if it might give you a temporary sense of joy.

Btw, no offence, but heres a -1 for you :)

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jb_cec said:
That's not true, I don't have any degree I just hold a canadian diploma and I dont even have perfect scores in celpip but I still score 442. You think anyone with score 442 doesn't stand a chance. And I am not the only one I know a lot more people who are scoring in 430's and 440's with canadian diploma.
What is your "not so perfect CELPIP" scores? clb 7 or 8? with that scores there's no way you can achieve 442 with ONLY a Canadian diploma and Canadian work exp. In addition, up until now, 442 still doesn't stand a chance at all. Even if with the new points awarded for Canadian degrees, don't you think people with Bachelor still have higher scores than those with Diploma only?

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Encore said:
So, what exactly is your point? Sounds like you have some personal issues with college graduate or the CIC system. You have not confirmed if any of the options put forward by other members is what you were refering to. You have not posted the source of your information yourself either. So what exactly is your grouse? You want college graduates not go have points or what exactly? And if they deny college graduates points, what does that do for the huge number of people in the pool waiting for ITAs? How does it even make sense that the govt will seperate college graduates from university graduates and award points to only one group? I can assure you that Canada will not do that. The thing that can happen is for the points to be graduated according to the level of Canadian education just as we have currently with the education points. The higher the qualification, the higher you will get.
Encore, somebody in this forum has already posted the source (latest signal by the Minister); here it is again:

https://www.fragomen.com/knowledge-center/immigration-alerts/potential-express-entry-reforms-and-expedited-work-permit

And please stop speculating because you start mentioning how much points will be awarded, and that's a waste of time;

Once that reform has been implemented, then we will know how much points will be awarded; the bad news is that we don't know when;

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashwinbavdekar said:
Well Elrud,
Having done my post graduation from Humber College after an Engineering Degree from India, i'm currently taking up two roles that of a computer network technician and admin support(Project coordination) in my industry. I have a huge loan on my head too, much like most of you "University Graduates" and am standing at 461 without the extra point on the basis of my Language scores.

The reason i needed to state this, is to show you that your facts do not apply here, in fact a few of my classmates have even gotten themselve into managerial positions with recognized Organizations. Well , i know the chance of having competitive advantage over other candidates might have got you really excited. So much so, that you are careless enough to post conclusions without a solid source and implying stuff based on the random articles that you have come across.

So far , i have found a lot of support , insight and optimism in this forum, and i hope moving on, you are considerate enough to realize that a lot of applicants here have put a lot on stake and are trying to patiently hang on. Please be more considerate with your posts and try not to discourage them, even if it might give you a temporary sense of joy.

Btw, no offence, but heres a -1 for you :)
That's not me who is discouraging you; it was what was mentioned in the latest signal by the government;

I'm not offending anyone, accept the fact from the precise words mentioned by the government; if it has said post-secondary institution like before, then it would have included colleges but as per the latest signal, it has said university specifically;

In addition, there's "red pill of hard truth" as said by Alexio07 (star member in this thread forum) in this forum and not encouraging support like consultants put on their website which it can be inferred you received;

Instead of wasting your time giving me -1, it is not me to be blamed as I am not in charge of any reform; would you be able to give -1 to the Canadian government staff directly in the face?

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomjaz004 said:
Any source?