+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY realted questions for PGWP Holders/CEC category

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am seeing a lot of people with PGWP facing problems. So this is my situation.

I graduated with a Master's degree in 2013. And have been working with my PGWP full-time since then. I have one year of continuous Canadian work exp in NOC 2132 (my PGWP has no NOC written on it since it's an open work permit; I found my NOC from here http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx).

I got points for education as well as work exp and my profile is eligible.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Can someone please answer my question?

I have pgwp and have been working in NOC B for a year with the same employer. Now in order to get LMIA I asked my employer to apply. Got a few questions

Anticipated start date ?? I have been working there for year so what does my employer put here
Proof of advertisement of job posted ?? That was a year ago and they deleted the posting after my hiring and do not have it anymore
Is there any fee for LMIA ?

Thanks in advance

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
april2014_AINP said:
I am seeing a lot of people with PGWP facing problems. So this is my situation.

I graduated with a Master's degree in 2013. And have been working with my PGWP full-time since then. I have one year of continuous Canadian work exp in NOC 2132 (my PGWP has no NOC written on it since it's an open work permit; I found my NOC from here http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx).

I got points for education as well as work exp and my profile is eligible.
Did you got 600 points as well??

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Since i am workin on PGWP what should i answer for this...My job doesnt need any lmia since i m a software engineer on PGWP

"Which of these categories does Your job fall under? "

1)Work permit required , no lmia
2) no work permit required
3) work permit and lmia required

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dukhi said:
Did you got 600 points as well??
PGWP holders who are in a LMIA-exempt job won't get the 600 points for job offer. I got 40 points for the work experience. (I got my extra 600 points due to provincial nomination).

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dukhi said:
Since i am workin on PGWP what should i answer for this...My job doesnt need any lmia since i m a software engineer on PGWP

"Which of these categories does Your job fall under? "

1)Work permit required , no lmia
2) no work permit required
3) work permit and lmia required
I put option 1 (WP reqd no lmia). But this won't give you 600 points.

Now the way Express Entry is designed:
PGWP holders are also TEMPORARY Foreign Workers. The only difference is they don't need LMIA to get a job. This means they can always work the entire duration of their PGWP in a LMIA-exempt job and then go back home when the PGWP expires. In case, they want to permanently settle in Canada they can either get in through CEC (i.e. 1 year canadian work experience; this work experience doesn't need LMIA although if you don't have a LMIA job or a nomination then you miss out on the 600 points) or they can try provincial or they can get a LMIA job and get those extra 600 points.

lucasnofear

Jan 5, 2015
april2014_AINP said:
PGWP holders who are in a LMIA-exempt job won't get the 600 points for job offer. I got 40 points for the work experience. (I got my extra 600 points due to provincial nomination).
how do you get your 600 points from provincial nomination. Didn't they ask for confirm from PNP?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hi

I have a question.....

I am working as an IT BA since October 2014 on PGWP. The job is full time and valid up till October 2016.

What should be my answers in the last section of EE.

Do you have job offer? Yes
Do you have full time continuous job offer? No
Do you have full time job offer and one year? Yes

Please answer my queries...

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
manidhatt said:
Can someone please answer my question?

I have pgwp and have been working in NOC B for a year with the same employer. Now in order to get LMIA I asked my employer to apply. Got a few questions

Anticipated start date ?? I have been working there for year so what does my employer put here
Proof of advertisement of job posted ?? That was a year ago and they deleted the posting after my hiring and do not have it anymore
Is there any fee for LMIA ?

Thanks in advance
I am not 100% sure on your first question. But, for your second question, there is no fee for LMIA if it is being done to support your permanent resident visa through express entry.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA2133 said:
It explicitly asks for NOC written on the work-permit, if PGWP holders are supposed to fill this section they had to make the option. Best would be to contact CIC.
ay update on this situation? I cannot even move forward with the form

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
tdot_guy said:
ay update on this situation? I cannot even move forward with the form
There is no NOC code on mine too. I still entered my NOC code that I'm working within.

namaste said:
I am not 100% sure on your first question. But, for your second question, there is no fee for LMIA if it is being done to support your permanent resident visa through express entry.
Thanks. Do you have any idea about my another question about proof of advertisement of job posted ?

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
There is no NOC code on mine too. I still entered my NOC code that I'm working within.

Thanks. Do you have any idea about my another question about proof of advertisement of job posted ?
thanks I'll do the same since we dont have a choice

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
wait,
so CEC applicants have no points for Canadian experience ???

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucasnofear said:
how do you get your 600 points from provincial nomination. Didn't they ask for confirm from PNP?
I have emailed AINP regarding that. They will get back to CIC. I assume I will get the 600 points (I called up CIC as well, and they said so).

lucasnofear

Jan 5, 2015
april2014_AINP said:
I have emailed AINP regarding that. They will get back to CIC. I assume I will get the 600 points (I called up CIC as well, and they said so).
I am in the same boat. I emailed AINP and they said they won't provide any confirmation. What is the AINP email address you used? Thanks a lot for the reply.