+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Questions

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
HI,

I Am planning to apply for the express entry and got the ielts score of 7 overall and have 7 years of work experience as a database administrator and my age is 32 years. I want to know the procedure to apply for EE. please provide me with the steps and how much points will i recieve.

regards,
chandrasekhar

Thirdeye47

May 4, 2015
Take a look at the link www dot canadavisa dot com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html also if you wanna calculate use this calculator www dot okazi dotnet/canada/calculator/Express-Entry-Calculator#, dont be lazy look for the information, this process of migration is not an easy task, there are a lot of things involved, as well as financial investment.

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for the information provided, i have tried the come to canada wizard to determine the eligibility. It is always showing the result as "Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry". I am not sure why as i have all the eligibility.

Can you help me in answering the wizard. What provience do i need to choose to begin with.

regards,
chandrasekhar.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
chandrar said:
Hi,

Thanks for the information provided, i have tried the come to canada wizard to determine the eligibility. It is always showing the result as "Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry". I am not sure why as i have all the eligibility.

Can you help me in answering the wizard. What provience do i need to choose to begin with.

regards,
chandrasekhar.
Did you check to ensure that you achieved the necessary 67 points under the Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers? The following links will help you to check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
In order to be eligible for FSW, you must get 67 or more.

Good luck!!!

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Hi,

I am getting 73 points as per the given links

21 in ielts (L=7.5 R:7, W=6, s=7.5)

25 education (3 years Masters in Computers )

15 work (6.5 years NOC A)

12 age (Age 32)

then why the tool is showing me as ineligible

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandrar said:
Hi,

12 age (Age 32)

Firstly, you'll get 23 (not 25) for education provided you have got an ECA that declares your Masters is equivalent to a Masters in Canada.

Also, what did you answer for funds availability? Maybe that's the reason for non-eligibility.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
chandrar said:
Hi,

12 age (Age 32)

As Asivad said, please check to ensure you are stating you have sufficient funds to support the number of persons in your application according to CIC's requirements.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Also, in completing the rest of your profile, please check the following things:
1. Primary NOC -- ensure you entered the correct one (2172 I think)
2. Work History -- ensure primary NOC and at least one line showing 1 year or more experience is entered
3. Hours per week worked -- ensure 30 or more hours per week
4. ECA details for your Masters

Based of the information you have provided you should qualify under FSW, so it's something that you are entering incorrectly. I hope you find the error soon.

Good luck!!!!!

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
HI,

Can anyone tell me if i want to update my details later after submition of the EE application is it possible?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandrar said:
HI,

Can anyone tell me if i want to update my details later after submition of the EE application is it possible?
You can update your details as many times as you like until getting an ITA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandrar said:
Hi,

Thanks for the information, Can you tell me from where i can edit the details from my EE account.
I'm not entirely sure and can't even check it live now and let you know since my profile is locked. But I believe if you log into MyCiC and navigate to your profile, it allows you to edit an un-submitted application easily. And in the case of an application which is already submitted (before receiving an ITA) and information transmitted, I believe there is an Update functionality which lets you update information and re-submit by transmitting it again.

Hope this helped.

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Hi,

I have submitted my application and could not find any update button to change any details. Request any one aware of how to edit the applicaiton.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Chandrasekar ,

Have you submitted your EE profile ? . If you need any help , you can chat here or send me a private message in this forum with your details , I can explain you in detail about your eligibility , etc...

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Hi,

I could edit my profile by following the CIC guidelines listed in the below link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1005&t=29

I am pasting the link as it might be usefull to someone.

regards,
chandra