+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry profile with 3 years 11 months experience

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
AgentC said:
Hi All,

1)

I have 3 years 11 months experience in Noc 2147. While trying to create EE profile using Come to Canada tool, for the question

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

I don't see Three to Four years as an option in the list. There is an option for Two to Three and Four to Five. I can't select Two to Three as it reduces my CRS point by 25 points (I get only 25 points for Skills Transfer ability instead of 50 which I get for having CLB 9+ in all areas and 3+ years of foreign work experience)

Anybody else encountered this problem?

Thanks!!
Hi, were you able to get the solution for this? Does anyone else know how to go about the experience if you have experience between three to four years? Thanks!

Sunny_ist

Star Member
May 16, 2016
I am in similar situation, but I think, the drop down menu you are talking about is just for checking whether you are eligible or not. When you fill out details, you mention the dates of your employment and that is from where it calculates your points. Even the CRS tool gives you 50 points for more than 3 years of experience. I have chosen 4-5 years of experience in that drop down though.

Let me know what you think.

SB0715

Aug 19, 2019
I am in similar situation, but I think, the drop down menu you are talking about is just for checking whether you are eligible or not. When you fill out details, you mention the dates of your employment and that is from where it calculates your points. Even the CRS tool gives you 50 points for more than 3 years of experience. I have chosen 4-5 years of experience in that drop down though.

Let me know what you think.
Did it work for you? I'm in the similar situation.

SB0715

Aug 19, 2019
Hi, choose 2-3 years option. Later on the actual profile, you will have to fill the work experience details; IRCC will use this information to calculate your work experience. This is based on my experience.

Kunalthapar

Sep 18, 2022
Hi, choose 2-3 years option. Later on the actual profile, you will have to fill the work experience details; IRCC will use this information to calculate your work experience. This is based on my experience.
What was your case? Did you get pr?