+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Submitted Applicants with score of 400+

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need to get ECA done first, you cannot assume points particularly if your degrees are BCAs and MCA or something similar or if you have diplomas ...

MBA is fine.

how much is your work experience ? should be ideally more than 3 years to get full points

rbatool

Oct 31, 2016
his bands are
L:6
R:5.5
W:6
S:7

but if i do now one year diploma, i will reach to 33 and then 5 points will be deducted for age... :)

rbatool

Oct 31, 2016
thestunner316 said:
you need to get ECA done first, you cannot assume points particularly if your degrees are BCAs and MCA or something similar or if you have diplomas ...

MBA is fine.

how much is your work experience ? should be ideally more than 3 years to get full points
not i am not assuming points. I have done WES for my degree which is a BS(Telecom engineering).
My husband is an MBA and i still have to do WES for him.

MY work experience is now almost 8+ years.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rbatool said:
his bands are
L:6
R:5.5
W:6
S:7

but if i do now one year diploma, i will reach to 33 and then 5 points will be deducted for age... :)
As a result you will cash like 25+ points even after the age penalty. (because you will gain on the transferability and on diplomas as well).
Your husband can give you by estimation around 25 points (you can calculate in detail). But those 2 together shall push you above 450. You can also hit French language (medium French level can give you like 10-15 points).
Other option is PNP so up to you which you find easier for you.

rbatool

Oct 31, 2016
vensak said:
As a result you will cash like 25+ points even after the age penalty. (because you will gain on the transferability and on diplomas as well).
Your husband can give you by estimation around 25 points (you can calculate in detail). But those 2 together shall push you above 450. You can also hit French language (medium French level can give you like 10-15 points).
Other option is PNP so up to you which you find easier for you.
thank you so much for all the help :)

Could you please elaborate a bit more about PNP program? which province to choose as per my set of score? which province provides a good living etc etc...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rbatool said:

Could you please elaborate a bit more about PNP program? which province to choose as per my set of score? which province provides a good living etc etc...
depends on the job profile, connections in provinces (like studies, siblings etc) etc

there is a separate thread only for PNPs, you an refer to that (i dont have the link unfortunately for it - if someone can help , would be gerat)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rbatool said:

The whole thread with list of available PNP is pinned in the main EE discussion. Also you might find some programms currently closed, that does not mean that they will not reopen. you need to follow up their website frequently (like daily) and this website as well.
Also you have to prepare all or almost all documents in advance, so that you can react fast. (some PNP when taking candidates only stays opened for like hours before they will get enough application).

Several provinces have language preferences, occupation preferences (according to your NOC), some have points criteria (but they are significantly lower) and some prefer recent graduants or require job offer you your ties to that province.

Just check it out and you will see if you can fit yourself somewhere and then the waiting game begins.

MGL28

Oct 31, 2016
Hi, opened my CGkey in August. I have 474 points.

Should I be optimistic for the FSW program of the EE (due to the 475 pooled CRS score) or shouldn't I put my expectations too high, and just hope for the OINP?

Thanks,
MGL

abc_27

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MGL28 said:
Hi, opened my CGkey in August. I have 474 points.

Should I be optimistic for the FSW program of the EE (due to the 475 pooled CRS score) or shouldn't I put my expectations too high, and just hope for the OINP?

Thanks,
MGL
You should be optimistic (in general) and with that score you can be optimistic in EE too.

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just applied for Express entry and I got a score of 457

I have a masters degree from a Canadian university and have been working for more than a year here after my graduation.

Is this a good score? Originally I thought that getting a Masters + working for a year in Canada on my post graduation work permit would guarantee me permanent residence, but now I'm not sure.

I'm also pissed off that I have to take expensive tests to prove my language ability. I speak French fluently (it's my first language) but I didn't take a $300 test for it so it doesn't even count? I already paid for the english test but I thought I could at least write in somewhere that French is my first language.

I guess the waiting game is on now :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaiou37 said:

I have a masters degree from a Canadian university and have been working for more than a year here after my graduation.

Is this a good score? Originally I thought that getting a Masters + working for a year in Canada on my post graduation work permit would guarantee me permanent residence, but now I'm not sure.

I'm also pissed off that I have to take expensive tests to prove my language ability. I speak French fluently (it's my first language) but I didn't take a $300 test for it so it doesn't even count? I already paid for the english test but I thought I could at least write in somewhere that French is my first language.

If you take the TEF you could jump your score in the 470s and pretty much secure an ITA.

Cheers ;)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaiou37 said:

Take French test as soon as possible. If your score from French is better than from English, pick French as your first language (you can do that even with active EE) And I am sure you will get additional at least 20+ points. Good luck there.

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really want to do the French test but it costs $420 for TEF!! Seriously?? I already paid $280 for the english test. I really don't know if it's worth it to get a few extra points. I definitely would keep english as my first language though, I think I would do well on the French test, but not as good as on the English test.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaiou37 said:
I really want to do the French test but it costs $420 for TEF!! Seriously?? I already paid $280 for the english test. I really don't know if it's worth it to get a few extra points. I definitely would keep english as my first language though, I think I would do well on the French test, but not as good as on the English test.
That's odd, I paid $300 for mine.

:)

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh yeah? Mmm maybe I didn't get the right info then, I'll take a look again.