+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Submitted Applicants with score of 400+

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
elyteomoving said:
hey everyone,
today I submitted my application: my overall score is 419... not so quite optimistic about it!
Anyway: did you manage to make the job bank site works? I couldn't insert my work experiences and so on...
Thanks folks!
elyteomoving
Job bank site is not working yet. You can only register yourself, but you can't do anything else yet.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Hello all,

Is there anyone in this group who has claimed 1 year work experience in Canada in a LMIA exempt work permit with valid NOC code

and confirm if you got the points for Canadian work-ex in Core factors and Skill Transferability factors.

Thanks in advance,
caimi

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
I am confident that all PNP applicants who were approved by December must have sent their applications for the further processing under old rules i.e. before 31 December 2014. This is mostly due to the uncertainity of the express entry program.
Also, there is a cap on PNP nominations for major provinces. for ex: alberta is 5500, BC is 5000 ON is 1000 etc.
Although, I am not too worried about PNP and LMIA holders too beacause the government will be giving 250,000-280,000 PR this year.
What concerns me is that when I spoke to a CIC agent he told me that, a) if you have a job offer with positive LMIA then you can get your name in the next draw or b) you have PNP.
If you don't have either one of the above then you have to apply EE and wait for an employer with LMIA to hire you or wait for the govt to like you enough for PR. He specifically used the word "hopefully".
Yes, this is what it has narrowed down to for people who have invested minimum $25000 to study here, worked hard to get a job, and integrated into the society. Hopefully people!!

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hi

My score is 481. I am very hopeful that I may get an ITA within the first two draws. The reasons are:

1) Not many people with LMIA approved jobs in the market. Anyone who apply in Jan for an LMIA may not get it before end of month.

2) CIC people are asking the provinces to verify the PNP certificates issued to candidates. According to unconfirmed sources many people are saying that this may take 2-3 months i.e. integrating PNP with EE.

So I assume that with a score close to 500, I should be good.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
theguneet said:
I am confident that all PNP applicants who were approved by December must have sent their applications for the further processing under old rules i.e. before 31 December 2014. This is mostly due to the uncertainity of the express entry program.
Also, there is a cap on PNP nominations for major provinces. for ex: alberta is 5500, BC is 5000 ON is 1000 etc.
Although, I am not too worried about PNP and LMIA holders too beacause the government will be giving 250,000-280,000 PR this year.
What concerns me is that when I spoke to a CIC agent he told me that, a) if you have a job offer with positive LMIA then you can get your name in the next draw or b) you have PNP.
If you don't have either one of the above then you have to apply EE and wait for an employer with LMIA to hire you or wait for the govt to like you enough for PR. He specifically used the word "hopefully".
Yes, this is what it has narrowed down to for people who have invested minimum $25000 to study here, worked hard to get a job, and integrated into the society. Hopefully people!!
Call Center agents are... call center agents. Even they don't know how the system will work. Of course LMIA and PNP are going to jump ahead, but I'm confident a LOT of people with less than 500 points will get an ITA.
Only by the end of the month will we be sure how things will work.

People with Canadian Experience will most likely get called in the first draws. They may even make CEC specific draws I guess.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
kainthsimranjit said:
Hi

My score is 481. I am very hopeful that I may get an ITA within the first two draws. The reasons are:

1) Not many people with LMIA approved jobs in the market. Anyone who apply in Jan for an LMIA may not get it before end of month.

2) CIC people are asking the provinces to verify the PNP certificates issued to candidates. According to unconfirmed sources many people are saying that this may take 2-3 months i.e. integrating PNP with EE.

So I assume that with a score close to 500, I should be good.
That's a very good score. And I think you are right.

You will probably get an ITA within the first two draws, specially because I don't think there will be many candidates with that score. The SS puts you in top 7% candidates.

Regarding your points:

1. In 2013 there were only 1200 LMIA issued. It's very hard to get an LMIA, long procedure (over two months) and not many companies are willing to do so. Maybe by the middle of 2015 there will be more LMIAs.

2. I didn't know about the PNP. If that's true... wow, first draws really are not going to get a lot of applicants. Another point is that a lot of people that went with the PNP stream already applied in 2014 because they were unsure of the rules.

My only concern is: what is going to be the size of the first draws? Will they draw only a handful of people - 100? 200? - to test the system? Or will it be full draws with 500 or 1.000 people?

Good luck!

july1008

Nov 27, 2014
theguneet said:
Even the people have PNP certification, not all the Provinces have combined the PNP program with EE. For instance, all the candidates with Ontario PNP won't get 600 points award because OPNP is still separated from EE. Only BC Province provides the PNP confirmation to EE as far as I know.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
526 points
Qualify for CEC & FSWP

Currently in a permanent job, naturally with a job offer, but no LMIA yet. Will have to see how things play out at the end of the month if still no LMIA.

Although BC PNP offer a fast-track route if you already qualify for CEC or FSWP in EE, I've been filling in the paperwork for that, just need the employer paperwork before I can submit it.

From visiting various forums it seems that most people don't have LMIA and most people with PNP are having trouble actually using it to gain the extra 600 points. It's definitely sounding more and more like in the first draw or two at least that many candidates using just base points will be drawn.

ONLYMISSR

Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
Just successfully submitted my profile and I got 507 points I am actually shocked!!!!!!!!! :eek:

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
ONLYMISSR said:
Just successfully submitted my profile and I got 509 points I am actually shocked!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Well done :)

I was pleasantly surprised too.

If you are applying with a spouse, it might be worth getting them to do an IELTS test too, if they haven't already, for a few extra points. The same goes for their ECA.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ONLYMISSR said:
Just successfully submitted my profile and I got 507 points I am actually shocked!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Make sure it is correct because if you provided any inaccurate information that hypes your CRS score, CIC will ban you for five years.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
526, should bump up to around 536 I believe when my spouse receives her IELTS scores.
Do you have Canadian experience to achieve this score?