+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile submission— doubt before moving outside canada

satreg123

Feb 18, 2023
Hi All,

I am about to submit my express entry profile under CEC. The thing is not sure when I might get the ITA. So, thought of traveling to the USA for my family who stays there before getting ITA. Can I do that?

1. Any cons traveling outside Canada before getting ITA?

Let's say, I got the ITA while outside Canada. Will there be anything that needs to be mentioned in regard to my current country of residence? What difference will this make if I submit my ITA outside Canada? As my Spouse lives in the USA[ none of us are US citizens].

2. can I do medical before submitting my EE profile??
Or need to wait till I submit my profile?

Please provide some inputs on this

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
1) Travelling will not affect you ability to get an ITA. However, when you are submitting the final documents be sure to list your current location as outside of Canada. Being outside of canada means that your application will be processed through the near Canadian consulate in the country. If you are still outside of Canada when your pr is approved you will go through the physical landing process to return to Canada and not the virtual landing if you were already here.

2) Yes you can do an upfront medical even after the EE profile was submitted. The physician will give you a document confirming the medical, when you receive you ITA simply submit that medical document with the other final documents.

Reactions: satreg123

satreg123

Feb 18, 2023
Thanks for the reply man!
One quick check, I am filling up my express entry profile and stuck with one question as to what I need to answer..

**Intended work in Canada**
Everyone has a different answer on this section and very confused which one is apt in my situation.

did my Masters in Canada and currently on PGWP.
no LMIA. Just doing job for one year and nothing else .. is it Yes/No

did **** have a Job offer in Canada.
Yes/ No .??
Full time with a company and no LMIA sponsored .

please help.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
So you intend to work in Canada......YES and do you have a job offer.....NO.
If this doesn't help, can you be clearer with the question that is being asked. Exact questions.