+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Married vs. Single

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi,

I tried creating express entry profile. My age is 32 and I am married. My current profile:

1) Me - More than 3 years of foreign work experience outside Canada. B.Tech (4 years course).
2) My wife - No foreign work experience. 2 degrees, each more than 3 years.

My wife has not taken IELTS as yet. She is pregnant (in her 30th week), I don't think she will be able to take this test for the next few months.

Option 1) Considering my highest scores in IELTS, if I file under the category where my wife will accompay with me to Canada, I am getting score of 409.

Option 2) If I consider filing under the category where my wife will not accompany me to Canada, my score is 425.

My question is as follows - let's assume I file under option 2. Once I am in Canada (with PR), how soon can i file for my wife and kids (hopefully in near future)? And, how long will it usually take? This is assuming I get interest from Ontario (whose chances I know are less).

At this time, I don't know if I will get ITA as my score is very less. My employer has an office in Canada and the only thing that makes sense is to do ICT to Canada, work there for a year and try for PR.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you're living in Canada as a PR you can start the sponsorship process. IRCC is aiming to process 80% of the applications within a year.

Reactions: dacoffee

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Once you're living in Canada as a PR you can start the sponsorship process. IRCC is aiming to process 80% of the applications within a year.
Thank you so much for your response!

Do you think there is any chance of ITA on 425? Honestly, all options to increase score (such as doing Masters, TEF etc.) are kind of difficult considering my current situation.

I am strongly considering asking my employer for ICT.

Is there any thread where people have discussed options to increase similar scores?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you so much for your response!

Do you think there is any chance of ITA on 425? Honestly, all options to increase score (such as doing Masters, TEF etc.) are kind of difficult considering my current situation.
Honestly speaking I don’t think of the possibility of the score hitting that low in the near term

I am strongly considering asking my employer for ICT.
Good option provided your employer meets the criteria for it. Please refer this link for it: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees.html

Is there any thread where people have discussed options to increase similar scores?
Well first of all congrats about your wife's pregnancy and impending arrival of the little one..

I have included some pointers to questions above.

I would also like to know If you have you included your wife’s ECA qualification to your score of 409?

In addition depending on your NOC and work experience there maybe a chance to qualify for PNP for which you need to have your EE active and eligible
You can refer the links for OINP(Ontario PNP)
what is the latest on OINP and minimum CRS scores it has invited recently:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOI.html

There maybe similar PNP programs available for other provinces if they nominate you it adds 600 points to EE score

Last edited:

royzamora13

May 20, 2019
Hi,

I tried creating express entry profile. My age is 32 and I am married. My current profile:

1) Me - More than 3 years of foreign work experience outside Canada. B.Tech (4 years course).
2) My wife - No foreign work experience. 2 degrees, each more than 3 years.

My wife has not taken IELTS as yet. She is pregnant (in her 30th week), I don't think she will be able to take this test for the next few months.

Option 1) Considering my highest scores in IELTS, if I file under the category where my wife will accompay with me to Canada, I am getting score of 409.

Option 2) If I consider filing under the category where my wife will not accompany me to Canada, my score is 425.

My question is as follows - let's assume I file under option 2. Once I am in Canada (with PR), how soon can i file for my wife and kids (hopefully in near future)? And, how long will it usually take? This is assuming I get interest from Ontario (whose chances I know are less).

At this time, I don't know if I will get ITA as my score is very less. My employer has an office in Canada and the only thing that makes sense is to do ICT to Canada, work there for a year and try for PR.

Thanks!

Hello dacoffee, I am in a very similar situation, only i am not married but planning to and my girl is 10 weeks pregnant, still some road to go. I would appreciate if you could tell me what you decided and how things are going!

I am making up my EE profile but i am stuck at the part of applying single or in common law, is important to say that my girl doesnt have IELTS nor ECA ready yet. So i am thinking on applying single and update my profile as i get married.

Would appreciate your response!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hello dacoffee, I am in a very similar situation, only i am not married but planning to and my girl is 10 weeks pregnant, still some road to go. I would appreciate if you could tell me what you decided and how things are going!

I am making up my EE profile but i am stuck at the part of applying single or in common law, is important to say that my girl doesnt have IELTS nor ECA ready yet. So i am thinking on applying single and update my profile as i get married.

Would appreciate your response!
When you include your spouse in the application as accompanying, your points will be recalculated. You have to make sure that once they are recalculated, they will be above the cut off for the round of your ITA

Reactions: royzamora13