+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile is expiring on the same day of next draw

preetaman5520

Jan 11, 2023
Hi,

My express entry profile is expiring on 25 January 2023 which most probably is the next draw date. I have some queries:
1. What is the exact timing of expiry? 12:00am 25 Jan 2023 or 11:59pm 25 Jan 2023
2. If my profile stays active the whole day of 25 Jan and expires the end of the day, will I receive ITA if reached Cut-Off?
3. If it expires at 12:00am 25 Jan, and I create new one, what are the chances, I can get ITA. Or simply putting, how much time profile takes to really appear in the pool or candidate numbers?
4. I always sign in with "sign in with partner" option. Is it possible, I create a new GC Key and upload a new profile without withdrawing the current one. I am really scared of tie-break thing.

Please give your suggestions. I really need help.

Thank You.

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,

My express entry profile is expiring on 25 January 2023 which most probably is the next draw date. I have some queries:
1. What is the exact timing of expiry? 12:00am 25 Jan 2023 or 11:59pm 25 Jan 2023
2. If my profile stays active the whole day of 25 Jan and expires the end of the day, will I receive ITA if reached Cut-Off?
3. If it expires at 12:00am 25 Jan, and I create new one, what are the chances, I can get ITA. Or simply putting, how much time profile takes to really appear in the pool or candidate numbers?
4. I always sign in with "sign in with partner" option. Is it possible, I create a new GC Key and upload a new profile without withdrawing the current one. I am really scared of tie-break thing.

Please give your suggestions. I really need help.

Thank You.
Just create another profile, I know that you're scared of the cut-off date but right now that's your only option

Reactions: SatNight

preetaman5520

Jan 11, 2023
My advice is to create a new profile. Is there a reason why you prefer not to do that?
I am waiting for ITA/cut-off draw from last two years.... first draws stopped in Sep 2021 and then in Nov 2022 and now the latest draw was yesterday 11 Jan 2023 with cut off 507. My CRS score is 502. I am not sure if I'll get ITA in next draw or not but in case next draw will be on 25 Jan 2023 and if cut off will be near to 502 and there will be tie-break, that is a risk. Even if not in tie-break, then I will not get ITA because my profile is expiring on the same day and ITA takes 24 hours to deliver.

Also, targeted occupational draws are to be launched ... my title is Admin Assistant which I'm sure doesn't go in labour shortage category.
Additionally, my marriage date is coming on 22 feb and my points are going down after adding spouse.
And my IELTS expiring in April 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: sriramachyu

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
You have to withdraw the old one to make a new one. Yes, tie breaking rule is a risk but even worse is not getting ITA because the profile expired (and expired profile is more of a risk/problem than tie breaking rule).

Reactions: cz999

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
I am waiting for ITA/cut-off draw from last two years.... first draws stopped in Sep 2021 and then in Nov 2022 and now the latest draw was yesterday 11 Jan 2023 with cut off 507. My CRS score is 502. I am not sure if I'll get ITA in next draw or not but in case next draw will be on 25 Jan 2023 and if cut off will be near to 502 and there will be tie-break, that is a risk. Even if not in tie-break, then I will not get ITA because my profile is expiring on the same day and ITA takes 24 hours to deliver.

Also, targeted occupational draws are to be launched ... my title is Admin Assistant which I'm sure doesn't go in labour shortage category.
Additionally, my marriage date is coming on 22 feb and my points are going down after adding spouse.
All you have to do is create a new GCKEY and then create a new express entry profile. 502 is a guaranteed score before the end of February. There's nothing to be worried about, the score will drop to the 490's next draw as there is not much candidate in the pool with 500+ score

preetaman5520

Jan 11, 2023
All you have to do is create a new GCKEY and then create a new express entry profile. 502 is a guaranteed score before the end of February. There's nothing to be worried about, the score will drop to the 490's next draw as there is not much candidate in the pool with 500+ score
like running same profiles in different accounts?

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......

Given there aren’t that many 500+ left in the pool after this draw, the cut-off is mostly likely to be under 500 in 2 weeks. The safest is to be create a new profile so you won’t run the risk of missing out on the next draw.

Reactions: preetaman5520

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Thank you all for your responses... I am creating new profile side by side ...

Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?
No. You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.
Creating more than one profile will not give you a better chance at being invited or allow you to be invited under a different program.

Refer: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29
Also, I heard a case a person had two active profiles and he got ITA for both and later his PR was rejected.

preetaman5520

Jan 11, 2023
Hi guys,

I got an ITA on both profiles. But now issue is my experience started from 21st January 2021 and 2 years are completed on 21st January 2023. I got ITA on 18th January (the recent draw), so I am not sure to accept it or not. Please suggest.