+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile (Help with Occupation Fields)

royzamora13

May 20, 2019
Hello all!

Hope you can help me with this concern, I am making up my Express Entry profile under Federal Skill Worker but not sure what to input in the Occupation section, specifically in Primary Occupation. Below is a brief summary of my work experience and in what NOC I think I fall under.

1. Production Supervisor (Welding/Paint process) @ Caterpillar / 3 years / NOC 9226 type B
2. Facility Maintenance Engineer @ Caterpillar / 2 years / NOC 2132 type A
3. Automotive Engineer @ FiatChryslerAutomobiles / 2.5 years / NOC 2141 type A

Question 1. Which NOC should i put as Primary Occupation? What would you select based on your experience
Question 2. What gives you more points? Years of Experience or Type A-B
Question 3. NOC type A is better than NOC type B? gives you more points?
Question 3. There is a mention in the quiz that if your primary occupation is a qualified trade (NOC's starting with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92) they ask for the date i became qualified to practice on my own in Canada, but i have always worked as a Production Supervisor (NOC 9226) in my country, Am I misunderstanding what is a Qualified Trade?

Thanks for all the support guys!

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Years of experience of course.
Type 0, A, B weigh the same, just the number of years spent matter.
Ideally,
When entering work history in profile creation;
Enter job 1 + experience, ADD
Enter job 2 + experience, ADD
Enter job 3 + experience, ADD.

This way you'll have 3+2+2 = 7 years of experience to gain points from.

PS: experience points max out at 3 years.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
For NOC starting with 92, you must say when you got to do it on your own, whether by completing education, training, certificate course etc. That you were able to perform your duties as NOC 92 worker without any interference from some supervisor.
You should be able to produce a document in its support.

royzamora13

May 20, 2019
Years of experience of course.
Type 0, A, B weigh the same, just the number of years spent matter.
Ideally,
When entering work history in profile creation;
Enter job 1 + experience, ADD
Enter job 2 + experience, ADD
Enter job 3 + experience, ADD.

This way you'll have 3+2+2 = 7 years of experience to gain points from.

PS: experience points max out at 3 years.
Thanks for the info!

To gain points from work experience, does the years worked needs to be from the same NOC or it will be summarized even if in the 7 years i worked under 3 different NOC's

royzamora13

May 20, 2019
For NOC starting with 92, you must say when you got to do it on your own, whether by completing education, training, certificate course etc. That you were able to perform your duties as NOC 92 worker without any interference from some supervisor.
You should be able to produce a document in its support.
Thanks rajapanesar!

Is there any difference on using a normal NOC or a Qualified Trade NOC as your Primary Occupation? Which will give me more points?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Thanks rajapanesar!

Is there any difference on using a normal NOC or a Qualified Trade NOC as your Primary Occupation? Which will give me more points?
I'm not sure about the qualified trade NOC, but one thing I am sure of is that you gain experience from all 1+ years of work done in any single NOC, that is, you have to have atleast one year of full time job in a single NOC to gain experience points. (I'm tempted to use XP) XD.