+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile found Ineligible after 3 months in pool

pranavp2810

Apr 8, 2020
I entered the pool at the start of January 2024, and today, April 12th, I got an update to my Express Entry with Profile Ineligible. When I entered the pool, I had 471 points. 6 months full time of work as Key Holder Sales Representative at a Telecom store, and 6 months full time of work as Software Developer (now 9 months). IELTS 8.5. And B.Sc. Computer Science from a university in Canada. Almost 2 months ago, I also received an ITA from Ontario, so I even applied for OINP. And today it tells me my profile is ineligible. It does not give me any specific reseason. My only guess would be that my telecom store experience was found to not count. But all my duties were those of 62010 - Retail sales supervisors, which is why I thought it would count. I even have a letter from the Area Manager from that job attesting to my work duties, which if I ever got invited for PR I would have uploaded.

The letter in my IRCC account under my Express Entry application says the following: Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed, and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time. To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs at the moment. Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test, (IELTS General)
• language test results that are more than two years old, (Took it less than a year ago)
• a language test score that is too low, (8.5 IELTS)
• not having enough relevant work experience, (1y in Canada )
• not having the required education level, (B.Sc. Computer Science from Canada)
• not having enough funds. (20k cad is what I gave)

I was eligible under CEC when I entered the pool. Key Holder Sales Representative was Dec 2022 to Jun 2023, and Software Developer from July 2023 to ongoing. I have made no changes to my profile since entering the pool in Jan.
The NOC code I used for previous job was "62010 - Retail sales supervisors". Which is TEER 2 job. "Key holder" is one of the possible titles for that NOC code.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I currently live in Ottawa.

Last edited: