+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE CREATION

emmandu

Jan 6, 2017
My wife just created an Express Entry Profile as the principal applicant and her CRS was 360. Can i also create an Express Entry profile as the principal applicant since i have more work experience?

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
emmandu said:
My wife just created an Express Entry Profile as the principal applicant and her CRS was 360. Can i also create an Express Entry profile as the principal applicant since i have more work experience?
IMO ,it would be better if one with the higher CRS becomes the main applicant and applies under EE rather than having 2 profiles.Anyhow if you create 2 different profiles the dependent must be entered in the EE profile even if he/she is non-accompanying.It all depends on your CRS score and the end goals to justify creating 2 different profiles.

Mkrish4

Jan 25, 2021
Hi, I have a question regarding work profile. I am creating an express entry profile.
1. I have held two positions in the same company. First one was a Software Lead and the second being Manager . I believe both are different NOC's but relating to Software Development. Here, should i split up the experience (No of years as lead and No of years as manager )?
2. Secondly, In the current position as Manager with the same organization, I worked for a while in India and later moved to Canada on Intra Company Transfer ( Work Permit). Here i should split the time i worked as Manager in India and the rest of the time at Canada in the same job level (NOC is same)?

Employer: ABCD
First position (India) From 2015-2017Software Lead
Second Position (India) From 2017 - 2018 Nov(then moved to canada)Software Manager
Current Position (Canada) 2018 Nov to current Software Manager

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi, I have a question regarding work profile. I am creating an express entry profile.
1. I have held two positions in the same company. First one was a Software Lead and the second being Manager . I believe both are different NOC's but relating to Software Development. Here, should i split up the experience (No of years as lead and No of years as manager )?
2. Secondly, In the current position as Manager with the same organization, I worked for a while in India and later moved to Canada on Intra Company Transfer ( Work Permit). Here i should split the time i worked as Manager in India and the rest of the time at Canada in the same job level (NOC is same)?

Employer: ABCD
First position (India) From 2015-2017Software Lead
Second Position (India) From 2017 - 2018 Nov(then moved to canada)Software Manager
Current Position (Canada) 2018 Nov to currentSoftware Manager
Split it like you mentioned above. 2 lines for your work experience in India and 1 for Canada. Cause your foreign and Canadian work experience have different scoring in CRS.

Mkrish4

Jan 25, 2021
Split it like you mentioned above. 2 lines for your work experience in India and 1 for Canada. Cause your foreign and Canadian work experience have different scoring in CRS.
Great thanks for the inputs. I will do it the way suggested.

I have few more questions regarding the filing:

1. Education: I have Bachelors in Engineering and Masters in Business Administration from India. WES gave me two credentials (1. Bachelor's Degree (4 Years & 2. Postgraduate Diploma (1Yr) ). They considered my MBA as PG Diploma 1 Year.

My question is regarding the selection for my masters degree in the EE profile of the below:
Bachelors Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college..... OR One Year Program at a university, college, trade, techincal......

While calculating the CRS score using the tool, i have an option (Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of 3 or more years). So i selected this. I selected this for calculation but the same is missing in the profile.

2. Regarding the Primary Occupation : Here, i have selected the current/present occupation NOC code as applicable. In the following question i have :
Date Mr.XYZ... first became qualified to practice this occupation
if the primary occupation is:
1. a qualified trade (four digit code begins with 632.....)....
2. any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training started in the NOC description(Note: if the NOC only states high school.....)

Here should i select the current NOC code which i am working and the Promotion date which enables to work on the NOC code selected or the start of my career date?

Can you please guide me on this. Sorry for too many questions. But dont want to end up giving wrong answers and face trouble :)

Thanks and appreciate all your help !!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
No idea on #1

but for #2, you can choose whichever NOC you have as long as you have 1 year of continuous work experience in that NOC. As for the date, it’s the date you became qualified to practice that primary NOC - check the NOC requirements. some require at least a bachelor’s degree, put here your graduation date.

Mkrish4

Jan 25, 2021
No idea on #1

but for #2, you can choose whichever NOC you have as long as you have 1 year of continuous work experience in that NOC. As for the date, it’s the date you became qualified to practice that primary NOC - check the NOC requirements. some require at least a bachelor’s degree, put here your graduation date.
Thanks much.. I will vouch for the #1 answer.

So I have to select the current NOC which i am working for the last 1 year or so.. I am in to Software Engineer/Project Manager Software Applications NOC, I believe i dont need any trades...So, I should be good with my Bachelors Degree Graduation date or Masters Degree Date ?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks much.. I will vouch for the #1 answer.

So I have to select the current NOC which i am working for the last 1 year or so.. I am in to Software Engineer/Project Manager Software Applications NOC, I believe i dont need any trades...So, I should be good with my Bachelors Degree Graduation date or Masters Degree Date ?
Follow what’s stated in the NOC requirements. It should say whether you need at least a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Then put which graduation date.

Reactions: Mkrish4

Mkrish4

Jan 25, 2021
Quick clarification on the Job offer supporting the EE profile.

Do we have to mention all the roles with the organization or the Offer letter can speak about the current NOC occupation? ( I am with the same organization across years)

Secondly, I can get the Job offer letter now and use it once i have ITA.. Hope there is no concerns with the validity of the letter (hoping i will be getting an ITA in 3 months or so). This is to make sure i can get the letter before creating the profile rather running in to errands, if my employer denies one at a later stage :)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If you’re claiming 50 points for job offer, read:
You can’t use the offer letter you used for your work permit application. Since you’re on a closed work permit, you have to be working for your Canadian employer for at least year and the job offer states that they’ll employ you 1 year after getting your PR.

Last edited:

Mkrish4

Jan 25, 2021
If you’re claiming 50 points for job offer, read:
You can’t use the offer letter you used for your work permit application. Since you’re on a closed work permit, you have to be working for your Canadian employer for at least year and the job offer states that they’ll employ you 1 year after getting your PR.
My employer has a format which they are issuing to all the individuals who need in support for PR. So it will be a new letter, which i am planning to take now(before creating my EE profile). I already have a job offer letter which was issued to me while applying for my WP two years ago and one more an year ago during my WP Extension (Which might not be useful for PR) Please correct me, if my understanding is wrong. **Both are same employers

Secondly, if I take job offer letter now from my employer, will that be valid or should i take the letter when i receive an ITA? As said, i want to have documents before i create profile, to avoid hassels.

I am sorry for too many questions .. Thanks a ton :)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I already have a job offer letter which was issued to me while applying for my WP two years ago and one more an year ago during my WP Extension (Which might not be useful for PR) Please correct me, if my understanding is wrong. — correct, you can’t use this is it’s already a year old.

Secondly, if I take job offer letter now from my employer, will that be valid or should i take the letter when i receive an ITA? As said, i want to have documents before i create profile, to avoid hassels.as long as it says you’ll be employed one year after you get your PR.

• if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

Mkrish4

Jan 25, 2021
I already have a job offer letter which was issued to me while applying for my WP two years ago and one more an year ago during my WP Extension (Which might not be useful for PR) Please correct me, if my understanding is wrong. — correct, you can’t use this is it’s already a year old.

Secondly, if I take job offer letter now from my employer, will that be valid or should i take the letter when i receive an ITA? As said, i want to have documents before i create profile, to avoid hassels.as long as it says you’ll be employed one year after you get your PR.

• if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Thanks for all the details. Yes, i am on NOC 0213 and My employer is LMIA exempt. I am working for the same employer for the last 2. 5years on the same NOC from Canada with temporary work permit(Closed).

I believe the job offer which i take for supporting the PR will be valid for 1 year from the issue date too.. even if it states, i will be employed an year after my PR.

Really marvelous for helping with all my query!! Kudos !!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks for all the details. Yes, i am on NOC 0213 and My employer is LMIA exempt. I am working for the same employer for the last 2. 5years on the same NOC from Canada with temporary work permit(Closed).

I believe the job offer which i take for supporting the PR will be valid for 1 year from the issue date too.. even if it states, i will be employed an year after my PR.

Really marvelous for helping with all my query!! Kudos !!
tbh, check your CRS. if it’s crossing 480+, it’s high enough to get invited and you don’t need the additional 50 points for the job offer. Less documents to provide. :)