+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Creation Stage - Work History Section

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hello all,

A quick question regarding the work history section (not post ITA but at the express entry profile creation stage). Would you recommend including all full time work, even if it is less than 1 year, or part time work, internships etc, or just the work I will get points for?

I understand that the personal history section post-ITA will allow me to fill these in, but I just want to be clear about whether just including the work I want points from at the EE profile creation stage is sufficient?

Thanks so much for your time in advance!

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello all,

A quick question regarding the work history section (not post ITA but at the express entry profile creation stage). Would you recommend including all full time work, even if it is less than 1 year, or part time work, internships etc, or just the work I will get points for?

I understand that the personal history section post-ITA will allow me to fill these in, but I just want to be clear about whether just including the work I want points from at the EE profile creation stage is sufficient?

Thanks so much for your time in advance!
Only claim eligible work experience that you wish to gain points for
Other experience should be included in personal history forms in a later stage post ITA and supported with an LOE to explain why don't you wish to proof and gain points for

Note: in each experience you claim there will be a case holder opened next to it post ITA so you upload a reference letter for it.
Those will become must supported and cannot be deleted

Last edited:

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Only claim eligible work experience that you wish to gain points for
Other experience should be included in personal history forms in a later stage post ITA and supported with an LOE to explain why don't you wish to proof and gain points for

Note: in each experience you claim there will be a case holder opened next to it post ITA so you upload a reference letter for it.
Those will become must supported and cannot be deleted
Thanks so much, Bacelor! This helped me out heaps. On a bit of a tangent, would you happen to have any thoughts on this -

I have a 3 year Bachelor's degree from NZ, and a 1 year Master's from the UK.

Heaps of people here have asked about this question, but it seemed like most of them *had* to send in their Bachelor's degrees to places like WES which has me wondering if I have been a bit dense. According to WES, I just had to send in my Master's degree from the UK uni, which was assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Master's. I assume I will get the maximum points for having two certifications *already* without me having to get my Bachelor's assessed in addition?

Will I stand to gain any more points if I go through the trouble of getting my 3 year Bachelor's from NZ assessed, or will the system automatically give me points for having two certificates just based off the fact that I enter my Master's degree?

How does the 2 or more certificates rule apply in my case? Why does the official guidance - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1129&top=29 state that I need an ECA for EACH credential??

I'm basically ready to submit my EE profile, just ironing out any last minute jitters now! I really hope I don't have to go through the WES process all over again.

Just hoping for some clarity, and thanks so much in advance for your time!

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thanks so much, Bacelor! This helped me out heaps. On a bit of a tangent, would you happen to have any thoughts on this -

I have a 3 year Bachelor's degree from NZ, and a 1 year Master's from the UK.

Heaps of people here have asked about this question, but it seemed like most of them *had* to send in their Bachelor's degrees to places like WES which has me wondering if I have been a bit dense. According to WES, I just had to send in my Master's degree from the UK uni, which was assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Master's. I assume I will get the maximum points for having two certifications *already* without me having to get my Bachelor's assessed in addition?

Will I stand to gain any more points if I go through the trouble of getting my 3 year Bachelor's from NZ assessed, or will the system automatically give me points for having two certificates just based off the fact that I enter my Master's degree?

How does the 2 or more certificates rule apply in my case? Why does the official guidance - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1129&top=29 state that I need an ECA for EACH credential??

I'm basically ready to submit my EE profile, just ironing out any last minute jitters now! I really hope I don't have to go through the WES process all over again.

Just hoping for some clarity, and thanks so much in advance for your time!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html
"
Which credentials to get assessed

In most cases, you only need an assessment for your highest level of education.

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree
"
Unquote

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Two or more certificates is a lower point category than MA, stick to your MA ECA report for Max CR score.

GL

Reactions: Zephyrstraint

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html
"
Which credentials to get assessed

In most cases, you only need an assessment for your highest level of education.

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree
"
Unquote

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Two or more certificates is a lower point category than MA, stick to your MA ECA report for Max CR score.

GL
Thanks so much! :)