+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry profile clash with Study Visa

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello Friends,

This question is more about the educational plan in Canada. My wife and I had created EE profiles in 2015,which has now expired for my wife. I have created a new profile which is active. Now that my wife is considering doing a Masters program from a Canadian University, we are hearing that the our Express Entry profiles will clash with getting a Study Visa.
That chance of rejection of the Study Visa are higher since, we showed interest in immigrating to Canada. Which is seen as a conflict to a 'purely' educational aspiration. Is there any truth in this?

Any inputs would be of help.

Thanks

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akprasad1 said:
Hello Friends,

This question is more about the educational plan in Canada. My wife and I had created EE profiles in 2015,which has now expired for my wife. I have created a new profile which is active. Now that my wife is considering doing a Masters program from a Canadian University, we are hearing that the our Express Entry profiles will clash with getting a Study Visa.
That chance of rejection of the Study Visa are higher since, we showed interest in immigrating to Canada. Which is seen as a conflict to a 'purely' educational aspiration. Is there any truth in this?

Any inputs would be of help.

Thanks
IMO the VO dealing with your study permit application wont consider your EE profile while making a decision, unless you have an ITA may be.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you Veritas, that is what I thought. But have been hearing that even if one has a EE profile that is considered as intention to migrate and hampers the prospects of getting a Study Visa.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
akprasad1 said:
Thank you Veritas, that is what I thought. But have been hearing that even if one has a EE profile that is considered as intention to migrate and hampers the prospects of getting a Study Visa.
No details are verified until you get an ITA and you Accept it and apply.

Still if you have any doubt you can delete your profile while going for Visa and make another profile after you get your Student Visa, if you want to play safe.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you bestofluck, that makes sense. Hopefully the VO is not checking for the EE profile itself and only considers candidates with ITA; while assessing for the Study Visa.

hoseini.me

Sep 6, 2018
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-10-2018
IMO the VO dealing with your study permit application wont consider your EE profile while making a decision, unless you have an ITA may be.
Hi there, I also have a somehow similar question. I am submitting my EE profile and will most probably receive an ITA soon as my points are around 470. Immediately after, I want to get admission for Ph.D. By the time I apply for my student visa, my EE profile will be going through the process. Will they reject my student visa even if I have received admission with the fund?
Thanks for your help.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hi there, I also have a somehow similar question. I am submitting my EE profile and will most probably receive an ITA soon as my points are around 470. Immediately after, I want to get admission for Ph.D. By the time I apply for my student visa, my EE profile will be going through the process. Will they reject my student visa even if I have received admission with the fund?
Thanks for your help.
No they won't.

Reactions: hoseini.me

triwife

Dec 26, 2016
hi! same situation here for my husband. he had an expired EE profile in 2017 and an active profile now which is valid until May of next year. CRS is way too low hence explore the study permit path instead. would there be an issue if he applies for a study permit for Fall term next year? what are the chances of getting the application rejected / approved? thanks in advance.