+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Process steps after biometrics enrolment

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

I had applied online for Canada PR through express entry program. I received a email to submit my biometrics and I submitted the same through a VFS office. What are the further steps after this?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I assume you've had your medical test? If yes, then there's nothing left for you to do. You just need to wait for them to process your application.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi All,

I had applied online for Canada PR through express entry program. I received a email to submit my biometrics and I submitted the same through a VFS office. What are the further steps after this?
There comes a long wait, (it will seem twice as long because you would over-analyse each and every ghost update), followed by hopefully a ppr in the end. What you do need to be alert about is for any ADR that might be generated for which you usually need to respond back in a week. Else you are all set.

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
From the VFS office I heard that after Biometric enrolment I will receive a email in a week and then I will have to submit my passport at VFS office. Is this understanding correct? Why is passport collected at this stage?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
From the VFS office I heard that after Biometric enrolment I will receive a email in a week and then I will have to submit my passport at VFS office. Is this understanding correct? Why is passport collected at this stage?
Have you received ppr already? What is your aor ?

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Have you received ppr already? What is your aor ?
I haven’t received ppr. I submitted PR application on July 27 and I received a message in the portal for biometric enrolment on August 16. I did biometric enrolment on August 23 and the enrolment Number is now seen in the portal.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Based on more recent inputs that you provided, above info seems wrong. You would expect to wait 4-8 months before getting a passport request. Maybe they got confused on what you were asking for. Use immitracker for details on where folks who submitted in similar timelines and pr channels are at currently.