+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR Application "cancelled as incomplete"

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hello,
I got rejection for being incomplete. they mentioned that ECA was missing from my application: the completed education credential assessment(ECA) issued for immigration purpose was not included with your application.
What should I do now. I never knew about the ECA report need to submitted to cic .
Raise a CSE to submit the missing document and hope that IRCC reopens your case. At the same time, create a new EE profile to get back into the pool. If IRCC decides to reopen your case, you can always just delete the new profile.

Mini747

Aug 19, 2017
Raise a CSE to submit the missing document and hope that IRCC reopens your case. At the same time, create a new EE profile to get back into the pool. If IRCC decides to reopen your case, you can always just delete the new profile.
I raised CSE yesterday. lets hope for best..

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone has any update regarding the same.
I, too, received the same refusal about cancellation of my full-fledged Express Entry application.

Stated reason was a missing document: ECA- Education Credential Assessment.
I already had it done from WES a long time ago. Hence, right away I sent another copy through them directly to IRCC.

I have also raised a complaint, reported it as a technical issue and sent an email to:
Please someone reply on this thread imminently.
Awaiting for a revert.

Regards

Amey

Last edited:

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone has any update regarding the same.
I, too, received the same refusal about cancellation of my full-fledged Express Entry application.

Stated reason was a missing document: ECA- Education Credential Assessment.
I already had it done from WES a long time ago. Hence, right away I sent another copy through them directly to IRCC.

I have also reaised a complaint, reported it as a technical issue and sent an email to:
Please someone reply on this thread imminently.
Awaiting for a revert.

Regards

Amey
Did you attach it in the original application?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I did not. They only asked for degrees and diploma in Education section. I did provide the WES certificate number at the time of application.
You got rejection before Medical/BIL status or after 6 months? Just wanted to make sure whether this check will happen in R10 stage or later.

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
You got rejection before Medical/BIL status or after 6 months? Just wanted to make sure whether this check will happen in R10 stage or later.
I passed medical on October 26ᵗʰ. Then I was asked to submit the Biometrics.
Due to COVID, centres around me are closed till December. So I was only waiting for that.

Reactions: S&R

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
I passed medical on October 26ᵗʰ. Then I was asked to submit the Biometrics.
Due to COVID, centres around me are closed till December. So I was only waiting for that.
That's strange that you got the refusal after MEP/BIL. Refusals usually happen at the R10 check, and MEPs aren't usually sent out until R10 is passed.

Did you also send your ECA through a CSE? You can explain that the application didn't ask for the ECA, so you didn't know that you had to include it, especially since you already put in your ECA number.

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
That's strange that you got the refusal after MEP/BIL. Refusals usually happen at the R10 check, and MEPs aren't usually sent out until R10 is passed.

Did you also send your ECA through a CSE? You can explain that the application didn't ask for the ECA, so you didn't know that you had to include it, especially since you already put in your ECA number.

Yes I sent my WES certificate in every form, email or complaint. Following is the email I wrote to them-

Greetings!!!

I refer to my Express Entry Process application which I submitted on 19th September 2020.

Post approval, I was asked to submit my Biometrics on 26th October 2020.

Today, on 17th November 2020, I received a cancellation letter stating - a missing document: ECA- Educational Credential Assessment.

I would like to inform that WEC-ECA assessment of mine was already done. However, due to some technical error it could not be uploaded/displayed though uploading.

Please find attached my World Education Services Evaluation report – Regarding my ECA.

I humbly appeal and request you to reconsider my visa application and help me with further process. I will be providing my Biometrics on priority imminently.

Thanks for all your support and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,

Amey Pedrelli

Last edited:
Reactions: S&R

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
My application was cancelled in December 2019 for the same reason, even though I included ECA issued for Immigration purposes. I immediately sent a CSE webform. In January, I got an email from WES to request ECA duplicate copy to IRCC. My file was reopened a week later. It's good that you raised a CSE webform, also opened a new EE and check if WES delivered copy to IRCC.
Hi there,

Did u get rejected before your status change to medical complete?