+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR Application "cancelled as incomplete"

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
You should maintain the balance until PR is approved. IRCC can ask for evidence at any time that you still have the funds available.
Hey!
So, let's consider that the PR is approved.

Are we supposed to maintain the balance until we land at a Canadian airport or can we use it for our expenses such as accommodation and flight's tickets?

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
Hello all!

Considering that the PR is approved.

Are we supposed to maintain the balance until we land at a Canadian airport or can we use it for our expenses such as accommodation and flight's tickets?

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello folks,

My application got cancelled due to incomplete. The reason is below

An Education Credential Assessment (ECA) included with your electronic application was not for immigration purposes. Under the Federal Skilled Worker program applicants must provide either proof of Canadian education credentials or obtain an ECA which is for immigration purposes. Applications submitted without these mandatory documents cannot be considered complete

I upgraded my PhD credentials through WES and it got accepted, but instead of document by document, I did Course by Course evaluation. Further, The WES hadn't sent the report to IRCC (when I checked the WES website). Should I raise the CSE form indicating that my ECA was already done by WES and a duplicate copy report also initiated for IRCC? Is there any chance of reopening my application?

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hello folks,

My application got cancelled due to incomplete. The reason is below

An Education Credential Assessment (ECA) included with your electronic application was not for immigration purposes. Under the Federal Skilled Worker program applicants must provide either proof of Canadian education credentials or obtain an ECA which is for immigration purposes. Applications submitted without these mandatory documents cannot be considered complete

I upgraded my PhD credentials through WES and it got accepted, but instead of document by document, I did Course by Course evaluation. Further, The WES hadn't sent the report to IRCC (when I checked the WES website). Should I raise the CSE form indicating that my ECA was already done by WES and a duplicate copy report also initiated for IRCC? Is there any chance of reopening my application?
Hi! It's not a problem but I doubt they'll re-open the application. It is on the applicant to make sure they submit EVERYTHING correctly! I made the same mistake when I applied for PR the first time. Turned out I had not selected the option for my WES evaluation to be sent over to IRCC/CIC.

Reactions: RAKZ

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hi! It's not a problem but I doubt they'll re-open the application. It is on the applicant to make sure they submit EVERYTHING correctly! I made the same mistake when I applied for PR the first time. Turned out I had not selected the option for my WES evaluation to be sent over to IRCC/CIC.
So, did your application reopen?

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Unfortunately, they did not re-open it. I had to apply again to get into the pool and had to submit the whole application again.
Did you upload the ECA in your old application?.

Did you order duplicate report to IRCC after rejection?

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Did you upload the ECA in your old application?.

Did you order duplicate report to IRCC after rejection?
It's not required so I did not upload it with my application. I ordered a duplicate copy to be sent to IRCC from WES. That's the only thing you have to do. My guess is that in the first step of the application review process, they make sure your application is complete. This is commonly referred to as the 'R10 completeness check'.

For education assessment, they probably have direct integrations with WES. They enter your ECA # in their own platform to check if your credentials have been shared with them or not.

s.ankit

Apr 13, 2022
Hello,
I have submitted an application to become a permanent resident of Canada under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program - International Graduate stream on Sunday, 5th December 2021. On 2nd March 2022, I received a query on my email to submit a document (Original copy of birth certificate) with a deadline of 30 days. In the same email, I received the application number and was able to link my application to the CIC account. To submit my document, on the CIC account, I did not get any option to submit it on my profile. Thus, I only had an option to submit it by filling out a web form. I submitted a web form with all details and a document on the same date 2nd March 2022. I received an automated generated reply of that webform on 2nd March 2022. After 15 days, I called IRCC to check if they received my document via webform or not. They informed to that they have not received a web form yet and it is because IRCC is receiving a lot of web forms and it may take time to receive a web form. I was told to wait for it.
Today, on 13th April 2022, I received an update on my account. The update was that a decision has been made on my application and it's cancelled as incomplete. The reason of it was that I do not meet the requirements of Regulation (R) 10 of the IRPA because a copy of the original birth certificate is missing.
A document that was asked to submit with 30 days deadline was submitted on the same day I received an email. However, it did not reach to IRCC Officer because of queues in a lot of web forms.
How should I do now? I’m totally blank after this email. Please help me in taking next steps.
Thank you

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hello,
I have submitted an application to become a permanent resident of Canada under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program - International Graduate stream on Sunday, 5th December 2021. On 2nd March 2022, I received a query on my email to submit a document (Original copy of birth certificate) with a deadline of 30 days. In the same email, I received the application number and was able to link my application to the CIC account. To submit my document, on the CIC account, I did not get any option to submit it on my profile. Thus, I only had an option to submit it by filling out a web form. I submitted a web form with all details and a document on the same date 2nd March 2022. I received an automated generated reply of that webform on 2nd March 2022. After 15 days, I called IRCC to check if they received my document via webform or not. They informed to that they have not received a web form yet and it is because IRCC is receiving a lot of web forms and it may take time to receive a web form. I was told to wait for it.
Today, on 13th April 2022, I received an update on my account. The update was that a decision has been made on my application and it's cancelled as incomplete. The reason of it was that I do not meet the requirements of Regulation (R) 10 of the IRPA because a copy of the original birth certificate is missing.
A document that was asked to submit with 30 days deadline was submitted on the same day I received an email. However, it did not reach to IRCC Officer because of queues in a lot of web forms.
How should I do now? I’m totally blank after this email. Please help me in taking next steps.
Thank you
Hi. Send a webform requesting that they reopen your case as you had sent the required document as requested (attach proof). Also send to the Ottawa email.

I know someone who did this yesterday a and got his case opened today. Good luck.

Last edited:

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hello,
Thank you
Sorry to hear that! I think you can simply apply again but this time upload ALL necessary documents with your application. Don't wait for them to ask for documents as it only increases the processing time.

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
Hi,

Fortuitously, my application got reopened last Friday, December 11th.
I received a letter stating the following-

A first review of your application indicated that it did not meet the requirements. IRCC has further re-examined your application and has determined that it does meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application has been reopened. You will be notified in due course as the review of your application continues.

Please note that the processing fees you initially attached on the application were refunded when the file was closed. Once the refund process is initiated, we no longer have payment of fees attached to your application. You are requested to send us new processing fees so that our office can continue processing your application. Please follow the instructions on how to attach Payment of fees for an Express Entry application on our Website and to avoid any further delays, please provide us with the processing fees within 7 days from the date of this correspondence.

I made the payment of CDN$ 1410 immediately. But haplessly, that also led to my funds reducing to CDN$ 12437.
As funds entailed for a single Express Entry candidate are CDN$ 12960, I am short by CDN$ 523.

My next vital query is that will it thwart the progress of my application?
Imminently, I will get paid and the balance will rise to more than CDN$ 14000, but that will happen by January 2021.

Can someone please shed some light on this?
It is quite imperative.

Thanks for all your cooperation in this matter.

Regards

Amey
Hello! Thanks for sharing and supporting people on this thread.

Please what happens when they reopen a PR application, would your profile page be updated on one's IRCC profile? That is changed from cancelled to processing/ongoing?

I once had a cancellation and after raising 2 CSEs via the webform, I got 2 responses from IRCC saying the application would be continued, but there was no visible change on my account profile.
A month after their last response, I sent another CSE to know the status of my application (as I saw nothing had changed on my profile), and was told they would not be able to continue with the application. This resulted in about a few months being wasted. I am asking because I am trying to avoid a scenario like this.

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
Hello! Thanks for sharing and supporting people on this thread.

Please what happens when they reopen a PR application, would your profile page be updated on one's IRCC profile? That is changed from cancelled to processing/ongoing?

I once had a cancellation and after raising 2 CSEs via the webform, I got 2 responses from IRCC saying the application would be continued, but there was no visible change on my account profile.
A month after their last response, I sent another CSE to know the status of my application (as I saw nothing had changed on my profile), and was told they would not be able to continue with the application. This resulted in about a few months being wasted. I am asking because I am trying to avoid a scenario like this.

Hi!

If your documents were incomplete or missing from your end, then they will not continue as it's your fault.
I do not know your exact condition.

In my case, they overlooked something that was already present. So they reopened and it continued from there.
Hope this helps and your procedure moves forward ASAP.

Regards

Reactions: monsieurd

tribesa

Feb 12, 2020
Hi. Send a webform requesting that they reopen your case as you had sent the required document as requested (attach proof). Also send to the Ottawa email.

I know someone who did this yesterday a and got his case opened today. Good luck.
What email did the person use ,as I am missing one of my diploma during merging pdf files , I had submitted my application already before I noticed it.
I applied 25th November 2022 when I noticed it I raised a webform on the 26th November 2022
I will appreciate every help.