+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Points Miscalculation?

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
I complete three years of work experience on December 5th 2019 to be precise. I had 446 points when I created the EE profile in September. I updated all the information accurately and yet my points went up to 471 on November 1st. (1 month and 5 days before I am supposed to.)

Technically it should have been increased in December and not in November. Now I went through many threads in this forum where applicants had similar errors, the answers were mostly to decline the ITA prior to the completion of the experience.

I created this thread to understand on which date are my points re-calculated by the visa officer. Is it on the day of ITA (Invitation to apply) or AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt)?

If its ITA, then i will decline it, if its AOR, then i will continue the application and submit the documents after I complete my three years.( that is in another 1 month time.)

and if any of you had gone ahead with the application before completion of their work experience and succeeded/ rejected, please share your stories as this would help a lot of us with the same problem.

Reactions: agil.itu

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
It's AOR. Do not decline the invitation, it will be an opportunity lost for someone when you receive ITA in the next draw.

Everything is rechecked after the AOR, as it is the point where your profile is submitted as an application.

Reactions: Islander5548

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
It's AOR. Do not decline the invitation, it will be an opportunity lost for someone when you receive ITA in the next draw.

Everything is rechecked after the AOR, as it is the point where your profile is submitted as an application.
so it is safe to proceed with the application even though its a month short of my actual experience? Should I inform this in a Letter of Explanation? Or is this common practice?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
so it is safe to proceed with the application even though its a month short of my actual experience? Should I inform this in a Letter of Explanation? Or is this common practice?
It is very common. The system always calculates the experience month wise. For instance, if one starts a job on 31st January, the system will calculate one year experience on 1st December, even though it is almost 2 months short. Furthermore, 1560 odd hours a year are calculated as 1 full year experience.

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
It is very common. The system always calculates the experience month wise. For instance, if one starts a job on 31st January, the system will calculate one year experience on 1st December, even though it is almost 2 months short. Furthermore, 1560 odd hours a year are calculated as 1 full year experience.
oh that explains it. I work 42 hours a week and I mentioned it in the express entry profile as well.
That could be it. I will call CIC to be 100% sure.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
oh that explains it. I work 42 hours a week and I mentioned it in the express entry profile as well.
That could be it. I will call CIC to be 100% sure.
Good call. Please confirm with IRCC over the line or via twitter. They are actively replying to queries.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
I am in same boat... . I think our duty is to provide honest information n when recieve ITA then provide documents proving what we stated. Rest it's there system n let them handle.. May be I am wrong but I m going ahead with application , let's see wht my luck holds for me. ...

Reactions: agil.itu

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
I am in same boat... . I think our duty is to provide honest information n when recieve ITA then provide documents proving what we stated. Rest it's there system n let them handle.. May be I am wrong but I m going ahead with application , let's see wht my luck holds for me. ...
you shouldn’t leave anything to luck. Call IRCC and confirm with them. I haven’t called them yet but i will

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Good call. Please confirm with IRCC over the line or via twitter. They are actively replying to queries.
Hi rajapanesar,

Any inputs on this Sir?

I am completing my 3 years on May 1st 2020 but when I completed my EE Profile today system is showing 3 years and my CRS becomes 478 instead of 453. I am short my at least 30 days for completing 3 years all because of Month-on-month calculation not datewise. I am thinking of withdrawing and reapplying on or after May 1

Best,

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi rajapanesar,

Any inputs on this Sir?

I am completing my 3 years on May 1st 2020 but when I completed my EE Profile today system is showing 3 years and my CRS becomes 478 instead of 453. I am short my at least 30 days for completing 3 years all because of Month-on-month calculation not datewise. I am thinking of withdrawing and reapplying on or after May 1

Best,
You haven't applied. If anything you received an invitation to apply. Just make sure to submit your application once you've actually completed the 3 years. There's no need to withdraw it.

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
You haven't applied. If anything you received an invitation to apply. Just make sure to submit your application once you've actually completed the 3 years. There's no need to withdraw it.
Thanks for the response.
I just filled my ee profile today and got confused on this 3 years exp. Scenario.

Then, I keep defering the ITAs for a month right?

Thanks.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Thanks for the response.
I just filled my ee profile today and got confused on this 3 years exp. Scenario.

Then, I keep defering the ITAs for a month right?

Thanks.
No need to decline ITA.
Accept the very first. Meanwhile, arrange all documents, then upload them and pay the fee after May 1st.
AOR will be after completing 3 full years, and there will be not drawbacks in this method.

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
No need to decline ITA.
Accept the very first. Meanwhile, arrange all documents, then upload them and pay the fee after May 1st.
AOR will be after completing 3 full years, and there will be not drawbacks in this method.

Thank you so much.

Just have one more question- Do I need to show proof of funds for the last 6 months
I have funds in 2 Fixed deposits ("FD")
In FD1- 3 lakhs for more than 6 months
In FD2 - 4 lakhs for the last 2 months.
and some 1-2 lakh in my salary account
I need around 6.9 Lakhs as minimum funds in EE

FD 2 is basically a gift deed from my dad. Will this do for Proof of funds

Thanks again rajapanesar

Best,

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Thank you so much.

Just have one more question- Do I need to show proof of funds for the last 6 months
I have funds in 2 Fixed deposits ("FD")
In FD1- 3 lakhs for more than 6 months
In FD2 - 4 lakhs for the last 2 months.
and some 1-2 lakh in my salary account
I need around 6.9 Lakhs as minimum funds in EE

FD 2 is basically a gift deed from my dad. Will this do for Proof of funds

Thanks again rajapanesar

Best,
Will be sufficient. Just keep a gift deed handy, if asked.

Reactions: Senthil2610933