+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Points Calculation - Help

Sykes

Nov 4, 2015
confusedapplicant said:
Help me understand the way points calculation work / how I am supposed to answer the calculator.

With / Without Spouse - my spouse (married) is a Canadian citizen, so the application is only for myself (no dependent), would I be considered "with" or "without" spouse?
  • If spouse is Canadian citizen - how am I supposed to answer the spouse language proficiency portion? Is the spouse required to take IELTS as well? (again, spouse is not applying)

How many years of full-time (30 hours per week or equivalent part-time) continous Skilled Work experience - What's considered "skilled work experience", does co-op / internship experience while doing degree in Canada count? Does it have to be paid employment?

Do you have a Qualifying Canadian Job Offer (supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment)? - What if I currently have a full-time position, I am currently under Post-Graduate Work Permit, am I considered to have a job?
Hi. Could you please share if you figured out With / Without Spouse points calculation. I am PR and my spouse is applying under Express Entry. Not sure whether me being added as spouse will increase /decrease points. Thanks!

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Hi Asivad and Somebody,

There's a new dilemma came up recently within my friends circle and that is:

I have a Canadian masters degree and I got the points for the same and also I do have a bachelor's degree back home which I entered the details of it in EE profile stating NO ECA done. ( Of course NO points - this is Ok)

Dilemma here is - People saying that there is NO point of entering the bachelors degree in EE profile if we already have a Canadian degree and if somebody enters such details, CIC would be expecting ECA even if we have Canadian degree?? Is that true ?

My concern is while filling up the profile, education history specifically asks for candidates "secondary" and "post-secondary" education details and that's the reason I entered my bachelors information

Please advise

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can retain it or remove it. Doesn't make a difference except, if you retain it, you will be prompted for a document upload for your Bachelors degree as well. Even then, whatever you provide will be summarily ignored in the absence of an ECA and you won't get any points for that credential (which isn't a problem because you aren't claiming them either). Your call to keep it in there or take it out.

All the best!

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Asivad Anac said:
You can retain it or remove it. Doesn't make a difference except, if you retain it, you will be prompted for a document upload for your Bachelors degree as well. Even then, whatever you provide will be summarily ignored in the absence of an ECA and you won't get any points for that credential (which isn't a problem because you aren't claiming them either). Your call to keep it in there or take it out.

All the best!
Thanks for the reply Asivad

Another question, may be related to my first question - I have '50' points for ""CRS - Skill Transferability - Education"" - Not very sure how this was calculated then
I don't have any foreign experience but IELTS score of total of 7.5 ( R-8, S-8, L- 7.5 and W- 6)

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
ReddyCan said:
Thanks for the reply Asivad

Another question, may be related to my first question - I have '50' points for ""CRS - Skill Transferability - Education"" - Not very sure how this was calculated then
I don't have any foreign experience but IELTS score of total of 7.5 ( R-8, S-8, L- 7.5 and W- 6)
I just saw the CRS break down - "50" points may be because of I have a Canadian post-secondary and Canadian work experience.

Please let me know if it is otherwise