+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry points 339

vinaysn

Feb 16, 2018
Hi All,

I would like to know if there is any way to increase my points or if I am making any mistakes while entering my application.
I am applying for express entry with my spouse.

CRS - Human Capital - Age = 85
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 112 (Bachelor's Degree in India)
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency = 96 (IELTS L7, R8,W6,S8)
Skill Transferability - Education = 13
Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience = 25
Level of Education = 8

Not sure if I have to give the IELTS once more to increase my points.
Could you please suggest.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi All,

I would like to know if there is any way to increase my points or if I am making any mistakes while entering my application.
I am applying for express entry with my spouse.

CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency = 96 (IELTS L7, R8,W6,S8)
Level of Education = 8

Not sure if I have to give the IELTS once more to increase my points.
Could you please suggest.
Let me give you some hope- If you can get over 400 you will have great chance of getting direct ITA or Ontario PNP. Do the following and you will see the difference-

Scoring CLB 9 in all modules which is minimum IELTS 8777 in LRWS may change your whole scenario.

Potential CRS - Human Capital - Age = 85 [you cannot change it]

Potential CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 119 (Bachelor's Degree+ 1 year diploma)
Potential CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 126 (Masters)

Potential CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency = 116 (IELTS minimum L8, R7,W7,S7)
Potential CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency = 122 (IELTS L8, R8,W7,S8 - assuming you will hold your current Reading & Speaking score)

Scoring minimum 8777 in LRWS may give you 50 extra skill transferability points towards education & foreign work experience

Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Education (Bachelors) = 25
Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Education (Bachelors + 1 year diploma) = 50
Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Education (Masters) = 50

Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience = 50

Spouse Level of Education = 8

Spouse First Official Languages (IELTS 6666 in LRWS) = 12

Potential Total CRS with Bachelors + IELTS 8777 LRWS = 408 [Last year low was 413, Eligible for OINP]
Potential Total CRS with Bachelors + IELTS 8878 LRWS = 414 [Last year low was 413, Eligible for OINP]

Potential Total CRS with Masters + IELTS 8777 LRWS = 446 [Direct ITA almost Guaranteed]
Potential Total CRS with Masters + IELTS 8878 LRWS = 453 [Direct ITA almost Guaranteed]

Potential Total CRS with Bachelors & Diploma + IELTS 8777 LRWS = 440 [High Probability of Direct ITA]
Potential Total CRS with Bachelors & Diploma + IELTS 8878 LRWS = 446 [Direct ITA almost Guaranteed]

My Suggestion: Score minimum Listening 8, Reading 7, Writing 7 and Speaking 7 and Let your spouse do IELTS as well. Check your potential CRS score using this Official CRS Tool- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Alternatively you can look for Provincial Nomination Program-PNP but they are hard to secure.

Hope this helps you to understand your options. Good Luck!

vinaysn

Feb 16, 2018
T
Let me give you some hope- If you can get over 400 you will have great chance of getting direct ITA or Ontario PNP. Do the following and you will see the difference-

Scoring CLB 9 in all modules which is minimum IELTS 8777 in LRWS may change your whole scenario.

Potential CRS - Human Capital - Age = 85 [you cannot change it]

Potential CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 119 (Bachelor's Degree+ 1 year diploma)
Potential CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 126 (Masters)

Potential CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency = 116 (IELTS minimum L8, R7,W7,S7)
Potential CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency = 122 (IELTS L8, R8,W7,S8 - assuming you will hold your current Reading & Speaking score)

Scoring minimum 8777 in LRWS may give you 50 extra skill transferability points towards education & foreign work experience

Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Education (Bachelors) = 25
Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Education (Bachelors + 1 year diploma) = 50
Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Education (Masters) = 50

Potential (minimum 8777 LRWS) Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience = 50

Spouse Level of Education = 8

Spouse First Official Languages (IELTS 6666 in LRWS) = 12

Potential Total CRS with Bachelors + IELTS 8777 LRWS = 408 [Last year low was 413, Eligible for OINP]
Potential Total CRS with Bachelors + IELTS 8878 LRWS = 414 [Last year low was 413, Eligible for OINP]

Potential Total CRS with Masters + IELTS 8777 LRWS = 446 [Direct ITA almost Guaranteed]
Potential Total CRS with Masters + IELTS 8878 LRWS = 453 [Direct ITA almost Guaranteed]

Potential Total CRS with Bachelors & Diploma + IELTS 8777 LRWS = 440 [High Probability of Direct ITA]
Potential Total CRS with Bachelors & Diploma + IELTS 8878 LRWS = 446 [Direct ITA almost Guaranteed]

My Suggestion: Score minimum Listening 8, Reading 7, Writing 7 and Speaking 7 and Let your spouse do IELTS as well. Check your potential CRS score using this Official CRS Tool- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Alternatively you can look for Provincial Nomination Program-PNP but they are hard to secure.

Hope this helps you to understand your options. Good Luck!
Thank you, I shall plan to give my IELTS again.
For the PNP, do we need to check on the provincial websites?