+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry + PNP. QUICK QUESTION

ejsr13

Mar 8, 2018
Hello Guys,

I'm a former student at a College here in BC. I've graduated in December from a 2-year program. I applied to my PGWP January 18, 2018, and started to work the same day.

My plan is to create my EE profile January 18, 2019, and create my BC PNP profile as well.
I worked as a cook and I currently have 1.5 years of experience that I gained while I was a student. That experience I can use it for BC PNP but not for EE as we know. So, that is why I'll wait till next year to accumulate my EE experience.

My question is regarding NOC Employment Requirements. I work as a Cook NOC-B. The Employment requirements stats this:
  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks or Completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety or Several years of commercial cooking experience may be required.
  • Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
  • Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified cooks upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
I do have a high school diploma but my college education isn't related to cooking whatsoever. However, I do have several years of cooking experience but I don't know how many is "several years" also state "May Be Required" so isn't mandatory.

So, I would like to know if according to my facts I am able to use that NOC for PR?

Greetings