Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi , I have applied for PR through the EE. I have my education assessed through WES. While uploading the documents for Education, I have uploaded the WES ECA, IELTS and Diploma in Nursery Teachers training (Equivalent to Early Childhood Educator). My CRS score was 900+ since I have a job offer with a positive LMIA. I have not uploaded my Bachelors or Masters Degrees /marksheets, since I had WES ECA for the same.

Could anyone clarify if the original degrees/marksheets were required to be uploaded ? and how can I help it now, Is CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) an option to send the documents.
Thanks

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ITA : 06 Jan 16
AOR: 14 Jan 16
Meds Passed : 18 Jan 16
Present Status : Review of Eligibility

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Unfortunately, yes, you were required to upload the originals of your degrees/diplomas. In fact, you needn't have uploaded the WES ECA or the IELTS reports. I suggest you go ahead and raise a CSE asap, and include a brief LOE humbly asking the officer to attach the documents to your file. At this point, that may be all that you can do. There's a good chance that raising the CSE will do the trick. All the best.

REFERENCES:

Here's what the instructions on the document upload section (eAPR) says:
Document: Education (diplomas/degrees)
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Trade/apprenticeship
• Training in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics;
• Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician); or
• Training not at the university level for which a certificate/diploma is awarded.
Bachelor’s degree
• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master’s degree
• This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
Ph.D.
• This is the highest university degree, usually based on at least three years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master’s degree before a Ph.D. can be earned."

And here's what the intake checklist says:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Proof of studies
Purpose

To confirm education claims and validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed [emphasis mine].
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Thanks MooseNBooze for your prompt reply !! I really appreciate the same.

oscarborged

Feb 3, 2016
Good afternoon,

My name is Oscar Borge, I'm a 27 years old industrial engineer with 4 years of experience. I'm applying for the Express Entry, but since I have to get at least 67 points from the Federal Skill Worker Program, I'm trying to assess my technical degree in "Mechanical Automotive".

It's good to mention that I alredy have assessed my degree in "Industrial Engineering" with the IQAS, but they refuse to evaluate my technicIan degree, they told me on the phone they don't do it with technical degrees.

I would like to hear any advice about a center that evaluates technical degrees. By the way my program took 2 years of study and 6 months of practice mandatory to finish.

Thanks a lot

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
"Document: Education (diplomas/degrees)
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education."

I have 9 days left to submit my permanent residency application. I miss 2 documents to finish (a letter from my German bank, that I hope I will receive this week as I still need get a certified translation of it into English, and one last Letter of Employment from a recruitement agency, as the company refused to do it). And then I will just have to pay the 1040 dollars of fees.
My questions:
- I have an official certificate from my university, signed by the department Administrative manager, stating that I hold the Masters I graduated from there. Do you think it's enough? I had trouble to find all my original degrees.

- And as for the ECA, it's not needed then? Was it only required for the Express entry pre-selection?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Can anyone please help :) ?
I would like to finalize my application for PR asap.
Also, is it possible to get a sample of a letter that my parents can write to say that gave me some money about a month ago to help me?

Thank you!!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
"Document: Education (diplomas/degrees)
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education."

I have 9 days left to submit my permanent residency application. I miss 2 documents to finish (a letter from my German bank, that I hope I will receive this week as I still need get a certified translation of it into English, and one last Letter of Employment from a recruitement agency, as the company refused to do it). And then I will just have to pay the 1040 dollars of fees.
My questions:
- I have an official certificate from my university, signed by the department Administrative manager, stating that I hold the Masters I graduated from there. Do you think it's enough? I had trouble to find all my original degrees.

- And as for the ECA, it's not needed then? Was it only required for the Express entry pre-selection?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Are you claiming points for your Masters degree? If yes, then you absolutely do need an ECA.

I don't know about the official certificate - in Germany, is a departmental Administrative Manager seen as an office of record for the university? It sounds somewhat unlikely. Can't you get a duplicate degree issued by the university? Most universities that I know of (in the US and India) usually have a standard process to reissue a lost degree that is treated the same as the original degree.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Can anyone please help :) ?
I would like to finalize my application for PR asap.
Also, is it possible to get a sample of a letter that my parents can write to say that gave me some money about a month ago to help me?

Thank you!!
What's your CRS score, btw? It may make sense to refuse this ITA if you have anything over 420. You'll get invited in the next round, and have another 90 days to get your documents together. I don't think it's possible to get an ECA in 9 days.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Thanks for your answer 21Goose. I do have an ECA. I have my transcripts for my masters as well. The letter is an official document from the university, which proves that I did get graduated for my Masters degree. I will ask them if I can get a copy of my Masters, but I doubt it, as it's what I got when I contacted him. I was wondering if ECA would be enough, so I'm trying to see what I can add to it to avoid a rejection just for that. I have 475 points so far and I am really ready to apply :O

By the way, those are all French documents (not German) :). (Just the bank papers are German)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for your answer 21Goose. I do have an ECA. I have my transcripts for my masters as well. The letter is an official document from the university, which proves that I did get graduated for my Masters degree. I will ask them if I can get a copy of my Masters, but I doubt it, as it's what I got when I contacted him. I was wondering if ECA would be enough, so I'm trying to see what I can add to it to avoid a rejection just for that. I have 475 points so far and I am really ready to apply :O

By the way, those are all French documents (not German) :). (Just the bank papers are German)
Well, if your letter from the university meets the standard laid out here

"
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
"

Then you should be OK. I cannot say whether it meets the standard, but if you're confident it does...

Definitely attach the transcripts as well.

adeelkhan711

Jun 29, 2018
Hi , I have applied for PR through the EE. I have my education assessed through WES. While uploading the documents for Education, I have uploaded the WES ECA, IELTS and Diploma in Nursery Teachers training (Equivalent to Early Childhood Educator). My CRS score was 900+ since I have a job offer with a positive LMIA. I have not uploaded my Bachelors or Masters Degrees /marksheets, since I had WES ECA for the same.

Could anyone clarify if the original degrees/marksheets were required to be uploaded ? and how can I help it now, Is CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) an option to send the documents.

Thanks

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ITA : 06 Jan 16
AOR: 14 Jan 16
Meds Passed : 18 Jan 16
Present Status : Review of Eligibility

Hi... I did the same mistake... did not upload degree certificate.... only WES ECA... have now raised CSE and sent degree... am I going to get rejected?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi... I did the same mistake... did not upload degree certificate.... only WES ECA... have now raised CSE and sent degree... am I going to get rejected?
Not necessarily. At least not in a misrepresentation/ban way. Relax :)

anya_d

Sep 9, 2018
Hi, i am currently working on my pr application and i have a question,if anyone might have an answer.
i have eca done on all my past education, so now i have to attach copies of my diplomas to support my application....i have translations done on every and each and they have been notarized back in my home country i am from, by ukrainian notary and in ukrainian language, i used those to get my eca done.
can i use same translation for my pr application?
I have affidavit signed by notary and everything but it is in ukrainian language...
do i have to notarize translations again even those eca was positive and confirmed all my degrees?
please help very confused
thanks!

psy347

Aug 6, 2018
Hi, i am currently working on my pr application and i have a question,if anyone might have an answer.
i have eca done on all my past education, so now i have to attach copies of my diplomas to support my application....i have translations done on every and each and they have been notarized back in my home country i am from, by ukrainian notary and in ukrainian language, i used those to get my eca done.
can i use same translation for my pr application?
I have affidavit signed by notary and everything but it is in ukrainian language...
do i have to notarize translations again even those eca was positive and confirmed all my degrees?
please help very confused
thanks!
For getting the eca the content included would've been in English, right. If so there could be no troubles.

psy347

Aug 6, 2018

You are entitled to get a copy of your degree certificate by paying some fees for it. Where exactly did you study and which program, providing this info could help the contributors to support you with the best possible solutions. Check if you have something like provisional degree certificate, if so the LOE from the administrator can be used as a supplementary document.