+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry over Spousal Sponsorship

Hussy992

Aug 12, 2019
Pakistan
Hello All,
I have two queries that need resolution.
Firstly, my wife is a Canadian citizen and i am plannimg to move to Canada to be with her. I am pondering on applying through the express entry route as i am scoring enough points. So my question is will it be questionable if i choose Express Entry over Spousal Sponsorship? Will IRCC raise any objections as to why i didn't opt for the Spousal Program? Will it be a wise decision?
Secondly, when i submit my EE profile will i be able to get points for close relatives in Canada? Like my spouse is Canadian so her borthers and a sister are Canadians too so will i be able to claim points for that in CRS, considering that my wife is already a Canadian living in Canada?

Awaiting positive reponses.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,
I have two queries that need resolution.
Firstly, my wife is a Canadian citizen and i am plannimg to move to Canada to be with her. I am pondering on applying through the express entry route as i am scoring enough points. So my question is will it be questionable if i choose Express Entry over Spousal Sponsorship? Will IRCC raise any objections as to why i didn't opt for the Spousal Program? Will it be a wise decision?
Secondly, when i submit my EE profile will i be able to get points for close relatives in Canada? Like my spouse is Canadian so her borthers and a sister are Canadians too so will i be able to claim points for that in CRS, considering that my wife is already a Canadian living in Canada?

Awaiting positive reponses.

Thanks
You can certainly apply through Express Entry. No - this won't be questioned. It's your choice and there's no issue applying through EE if you want to.

No - you will not be able to claim any points related to your wife since she is already Canadian. This means you will not be able to claim points for her relatives, or education, or language abilities, or work experience, etc.

Reactions: Hussy992

Hussy992

Aug 12, 2019
Pakistan
You can certainly apply through Express Entry. No - this won't be questioned. It's your choice and there's no issue applying through EE if you want to.

No - you will not be able to claim any points related to your wife since she is already Canadian. This means you will not be able to claim points for her relatives, or education, or language abilities, or work experience, etc.
Can you please share the processing times of both programs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you please share the processing times of both programs?
Spousal sponsorship is around 12 months. Express Entry varies quite a bit - anywhere from 4 months to well over a year.