+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry online profile

iamforCanada

Dec 9, 2015
dear All,

i am new to this forum, and just started the express entry online profile. i would like to kindly ask some questions, and really hope i will get a reply in here. it will be e great help for clarification and better understanding.

1. i have just taken me ielts results (listening 6, reading 7, writing 6.5 and speaking 8 ) is this full 7 CLB level of qualifies me for more than 16 points?
2. i am married and i will include me husband in my application. does he need to evaluate his credentials too before we start the online profile?
3. i have done here a preliminary questionnaire and so far i have about 340 points......this is very disappointing because i thought i qualify for more....but still if i go with this application on, do i have real chances to get an ITA?
4. does it really works job bank?? or too hard to get an offer.....the only way i think i could get points is job offer .......

really appreciate your help!
looking forward to a reply as per above
thank you, good luck to all of you!!

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
iamforCanada said:
dear All,

i am new to this forum, and just started the express entry online profile. i would like to kindly ask some questions, and really hope i will get a reply in here. it will be e great help for clarification and better understanding.

1. i have just taken me ielts results (listening 6, reading 7, writing 6.5 and speaking 8 ) is this full 7 CLB level of qualifies me for more than 16 points?
2. i am married and i will include me husband in my application. does he need to evaluate his credentials too before we start the online profile?
3. i have done here a preliminary questionnaire and so far i have about 340 points......this is very disappointing because i thought i qualify for more....but still if i go with this application on, do i have real chances to get an ITA?
4. does it really works job bank?? or too hard to get an offer.....the only way i think i could get points is job offer .......

PLEASE BEFORE YOU READ: my answers are personal point of view and not facts

Improve you IELTS score to be CLB 9 (L 8, R 7, W 7 & S 7)

your husband must do the IELTS as well and he must get his credential evaluated to lift your score as with 340 I don't believe anyone will get an ITA
1-

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamforCanada said:
dear All,

Get your husband to take iELTS and get his education assessed! I would also suggest you get your writing reassessed if you can get an 8 in speaking i think your writing should be better (my Opinion ) you can still apply. Also chase SK provincial nominee to Boost your score. cheers

iamforCanada

Dec 9, 2015
thank you.....and still i will get an additional of 16 point, which in my case won't make any difference.....but the 340 points i did not receive officially by CIC......just by canadavis.com free assessment.......

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
iamforCanada said:
ah and just one other question,

ielts for my husband is a MUST or just to enhance our points???
It is a MUST for your husband.

nedved13

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
shradzsaraf said:
It is a MUST for your husband.
it's not a must just to improve score !

iamforCanada

Dec 9, 2015
Thnx for the reply,

but do i have any choice to apply myself and do not include my husband in the application? only state that i am married and do not include him?

and to state the truth i am very unhappy about the very low points i have.....i have more than 7 CLB level, a master degree, more than 7 years of professional experience in one NOC List code, 31 one years old......

i have only calculated my point through the canadavisa.com not officially by CIC......should i be that i will have another pointing from the CIC.....???

i am thinking not to get my credentials evaluated now and not to submit the profile anymore....since this very low point will not take me anywhere.....and i can`t do anything to improve it.....

only just a miracle JOB OFFER.....:(......so unhappy

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can improve it - take the IELTS to CLB9 and/or add a certificate in french if you do have any knowledge of it. But If you raise your IELTS score you will be surprised how your score will change. I myself started at 397 point... or 392 i dont remember anymore :) I got myself 60 points over just by re-taking the exam.

Also depending on the NOC you can apply for provincial nomination after re-taking the exam. you never know :)

nedved13

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
iamforCanada said:
Thnx for the reply,

but do i have any choice to apply myself and do not include my husband in the application? only state that i am married and do not include him?

yes but why ?

and to state the truth i am very unhappy about the very low points i have.....i have more than 7 CLB level, a master degree, more than 7 years of professional experience in one NOC List code, 31 one years old...... yes you should re-take ielts

i have only calculated my point through the canadavisa.com not officially by CIC......should i be that i will have another pointing from the CIC.....???

i am thinking not to get my credentials evaluated now and not to submit the profile anymore....since this very low point will not take me anywhere.....and i can`t do anything to improve it.....

only just a miracle JOB OFFER.....:(......so unhappy very unlikely

iamforCanada

Dec 9, 2015
but how come that you`ve got 60 points additional?
in the CIC website it is stated that maximum points for first language are 32??? Ielts 10 CLB......

this pointing is confusing me, because i do not even know myself officially by cic how many points i have.....only this site free calculation

????????

is this proper? so does this site provide you with real scoring same as when you enter the profile in CIC?

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , the calculator is pretty accurate.

The reason why you will have more points by scoring CLB 9 is because additionally to the points of the language skills in the beginning of the test (say 32 max, or even not the max, 28 for some of the modules) you also get additional points for two more modules:

Education+languages - the score with CLB 7 is different from the score with CLB 9
International work experience - the same situation.

So lets say you have education master + CLB 7 - this is 25 points but the same with CLB9 is 50.

I'd say go throught the comprehensive ranking system in details. you will find options.

iamforCanada

Dec 9, 2015
thank you,

if i include my husband in my application does this mean that he would go for ielts too?
if not than my online profile will be assessed as not legible....or not meet the minimum criteria???

i am about to get ECAs for me and my husband.....but seeing the points we are fare from having a chance....

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
iamforCanada said:
thank you,

if i include my husband in my application does this mean that he would go for ielts too?
if not than my online profile will be assessed as not legible....or not meet the minimum criteria???

i am about to get ECAs for me and my husband.....but seeing the points we are fare from having a chance....
Try to increase you IELTS score to CLB9, you husband just needs to pass IELTS score. and it is not necessary to for your husband to go for IELTS if you are taking him with you, this will decrease 10 points in your CRS.
If you want to go alone then while creating express entry profile choose "You are Married" and Is Spouse Coming Along as "No". Then when you reach Canada you can separately apply for your husband's PR