+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Notifcation email - UCI number

arva2016

Jan 29, 2016
Hi,

I received an email on March 8th 2016 from the CIO, with the UCI number, Express entry number as well as my CRS score. The subject of the email is Express Entry Notifcation / Notification d'Entrée express. I submitted an online application for express entry in the end of January 2016. Please advice me about the UCI number as I am applying for the first time.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think people are confused with your question. Are you talking about post-ITA application? What is the content of the email?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah mate, you need to provide more information.

What's your application status and what specifically is your question about the UCI number?

heymikki

Jan 8, 2015
I think you need to read the content of the e-mail. I received the message too - it says that the proof of funds requirement has increased and you may need to update your express entry profile to make sure that the amount you indicated meets the new requirement. :)

arva2016

Jan 29, 2016
Hello friends,

Many thanks for your response. The email states that IRCC would be updating the fund details for candidates registering for express entry in Feb 2016. It mentions that I should ensure that the funds are available in accordance with the amended changes. So I was unable to understand what this means, in addition to receiving the UCI number. I have pasted the email below:

UCI: xxx
Application: xxx
CRS: xxx

"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family once you arrive in Canada. We determine how much money you need based on 50 percent of the low income cut-off (LICO) totals and these numbers are updated every year.

IRCC will be updating the proof of funds required for Express Entry candidates on February 27, 2016. You should check that you have reported having enough money to meet the increased standard, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. You can do so by updating the amount of money available to support yourself and your family in Canada in the “Personal Details” section in your Express Entry profile. This change is small but there is a possibility that it could affect your eligibility. If you do not report having enough money to meet the required minimum, you will be removed from the Express Entry pool.

Thank you for your interest in Canada."

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arva2016 said:
Hello friends,

Many thanks for your response. The email states that IRCC would be updating the fund details for candidates registering for express entry in Feb 2016. It mentions that I should ensure that the funds are available in accordance with the amended changes. So I was unable to understand what this means, in addition to receiving the UCI number. I have pasted the email below:

UCI: xxx
Application: xxx
CRS: xxx

"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family once you arrive in Canada. We determine how much money you need based on 50 percent of the low income cut-off (LICO) totals and these numbers are updated every year.

IRCC will be updating the proof of funds required for Express Entry candidates on February 27, 2016. You should check that you have reported having enough money to meet the increased standard, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. You can do so by updating the amount of money available to support yourself and your family in Canada in the “Personal Details” section in your Express Entry profile. This change is small but there is a possibility that it could affect your eligibility. If you do not report having enough money to meet the required minimum, you will be removed from the Express Entry pool.

Thank you for your interest in Canada."
You need to make sure that your available funds reported in your profile match or exceed the new cut-offs that can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Here's how to do it:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/email-from-centralized-intake-office-step-by-step-to-update-funds-t402512.0.html

The UCI number is you client number with CIC. They use it as a reference to uniquely identify you. More here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013&top=4