+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry New Immigrant PR Card

srinikrish

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
Hello,

1.Where do New Immigrants apply for CANADA PR Card?
2. Currently, whats the processing time for getting the Card ?
3. Where do we apply for the SIN number/Card?
4. Can we travel back to USA immediately (may be after couple of days) after applying for the PR Card?
5. How to travel back to Canada (After couple of days) without PR Card in hand but having the Canadian visiting visa stamped.

Family is travelling from India and i need to travel from US but i might have to go back to US within few days.
Need to travel to US for project work.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
Krish

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
1. An immigration officer will apply for a PR card on your behalf during landing
2. 2-4 weeks
3. Any Service Canada office
4. Yes
5. If you travel back to Canada from the US by road, you can use your COPR. If you travel by plane, you’ll need either a PRTD or have someone send a PR card to you beforehand

srinikrish

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
1. An immigration officer will apply for a PR card on your behalf during landing
2. 2-4 weeks
3. Any Service Canada office
4. Yes
5. If you travel back to Canada from the US by road, you can use your COPR. If you travel by plane, you’ll need either a PRTD or have someone send a PR card to you beforehand
Thanks Zabrodov for your reply!!

It's good to know that PR Card is applied at the airport during first landing.
Also, I heard that SIN can be applied in the airport too...Not sure, can someone clarify

My fifth question was, After applying for the PR card if i go back to USA within few days without the PR card in Hand and want to comeback to Canada within few days after finishing my work in USA, without the PR card in hand. Can they allow me into Canada on the visiting Visa or do i need to apply for any temporary permit. Since it takes few weeks for the PR card to arrive, how do i travel to US and come back to canada without the PR card. I had to go to US on a urgent project work leaving my newly arrived family in canada.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Also, I heard that SIN can be applied in the airport too...Not sure, can someone clarify
You can. There is a Service Ontario office in the Pearson Airport.

Can they allow me into Canada on the visiting Visa or do i need to apply for any temporary permit.
Once you're landed as a PR, all your Canadian visas will be cancelled. You will not be able to get a visitor visa to Canada as you won't need a visa anymore. As I mentioned, if you travel from the US to Canada by road, you can enter Canada without a PR card. You will just need your COPR, which you will have. If you travel to Canada by plane, you will need a PR card to board the plane. If you don't have a PR card by the time you decide to go back to Canada, you will need to apply for a PRTD while you're in the US.

Another way would be to have your family send you your PR card to the US once it arrives.