VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is just 5 points each year when it comes to age. Candidates in their middle 30 use most of the time PNP, because they are loosing too many points for age. On your good side can be whatever experience in Canada, but again not having Master degree will put you down again.

bobsyouruncle

Sep 29, 2014
vensak said:
it is just 5 points each year when it comes to age. Candidates in their middle 30 use most of the time PNP, because they are loosing too many points for age. On your good side can be whatever experience in Canada, but again not having Master degree will put you down again.
Since I'm here on R186(l) which limits what I can do (I'm basically restricted to my pastoral duties for the church employing me), what would I need to do to begin studying within Canada? I would consider doing a Masters, but not if I can't continue my ministry.

P.S. How many points is it for a Masters anyway?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

bobsyouruncle

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks!

Even with a Bachelors for 112 and and LMIA for 50, that would take me to 458, which is a fighting chance. Get my wife to do the language test for an extra few points and we'd have a hope.

Kinda wishing I didn't go to a private non-accredited school, even if the education was solid.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsyouruncle said:
Thanks!

Even with a Bachelors for 112 and and LMIA for 50, that would take me to 458, which is a fighting chance. Get my wife to do the language test for an extra few points and we'd have a hope.

Kinda wishing I didn't go to a private non-accredited school, even if the education was solid.
There are programs for Masters where you can still work. When it comes to your school, you can still try to check with different assessment company (sometimes certain schools are not recognised with one but accepted with other). And yes you will need your wife language test and ECA in order to get as many points as possible.

bobsyouruncle

Sep 29, 2014
vensak said:
There are programs for Masters where you can still work.
I mean not being able to work under R186. I'd probably need to apply to be able to study and work, but that's an area I've never looked at. I've no idea what options are available in that regard, if any.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsyouruncle said:
I mean not being able to work under R186. I'd probably need to apply to be able to study and work, but that's an area I've never looked at. I've no idea what options are available in that regard, if any.
Check student visa in detail to see, what are the limits for work (if there are any). Alternatively also your wife can take univerity studies and you will receive SOVP.

Read through the CIC website to see your possibilities for PR immigration.

bobsyouruncle

Sep 29, 2014
vensak said:
Check student visa in detail to see, what are the limits for work (if there are any). Alternatively also your wife can take univerity studies and you will receive SOVP.

Read through the CIC website to see your possibilities for PR immigration.
What is SOVP?

Also, could this apply? We will be here 3 years next January: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/permit.asp

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsyouruncle said:
What is SOVP?

Also, could this apply? We will be here 3 years next January: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/permit.asp
Spouse open work permit or just open work permit. that is what spouse will get if somebody has student visa. And my bad, I should have used this SOWP

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsyouruncle said:
Is it possible to get permanent residency without going through Express Entry?
Yes it is.
For example using some PNP streams that are still paper based application. Then there is enterpreneur stream and of course all Quebec streams.
And not to mention to get it for self employed or as a family member (sponorship) or the last to get it as a refugee later on.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bobsyouruncle said:
Doesn't apply to you. This only applies to TRP holder - which neither of you have. (You're confusing TRVs with TRPs.) TRPs are a special and difficult to obtain class of permit for those who are inadmissible to Canada (typically due to a crime).

bobsyouruncle

Sep 29, 2014
vensak said:
Yes it is.
For example using some PNP streams that are still paper based application. Then there is enterpreneur stream and of course all Quebec streams.
And not to mention to get it for self employed or as a family member (sponorship) or the last to get it as a refugee later on.
PNP: isn't possible (unless I get an exception) because clergy aren't eligible in Alberta.

Entrepreneur stream/self-employed: Do you not need a certain level of personal net worth to qualify for this? My wife runs her own business, but it doesn't earn much because it is part-time.

Family member: don't have any.

Refugee: I'm not sure that would work coming from the UK??

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsyouruncle said:
PNP: isn't possible (unless I get an exception) because clergy aren't eligible in Alberta.

Entrepreneur stream/self-employed: Do you not need a certain level of personal net worth to qualify for this? My wife runs her own business, but it doesn't earn much because it is part-time.

Family member: don't have any.

Refugee: I'm not sure that would work coming from the UK??
Then your best chance is your wife. Check carefully all PNP streams that Alberta offers and see if she could not qualify in any of them. Also try to check other PNP streams if you or your wife could not qualify in any of them.
Good luck.

bobsyouruncle

Sep 29, 2014
vensak said:
Then your best chance is your wife. Check carefully all PNP streams that Alberta offers and see if she could not qualify in any of them. Also try to check other PNP streams if you or your wife could not qualify in any of them.
Good luck.
It seems to require a full-time permanent job, which isn't an option for my wife.

Perhaps I should drive south and walk across the border into Manitoba??? ;) :D