+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: LMIA or PNP Nomination

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
marianacimini said:
My company has submitted the pre-screen application for the Ontario PNP (under international student with job offer stream) but it's been 4 months without hear anything so I propose them to apply for the LMIA since it is free now for the EE, but they said that it is not possible for them since it is not just about the $1000 fee, there are more costs involved (paying lawyer, setting up the job ad, interviewing people and many other things).
Hi,

What things are required for a pre screening form? And does the employer has to pay 1000 dollars??

slappy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241/1111
App. Filed.......
AINP 06-03-2015/ PNP 20-09-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-08-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Passport Req..
07-05-2018
mf4361 said:
I'm not so sure if the ban list is still in effect. Back in 2014, there is a section at the top of CEC introduction page noting the 6 banned NOC. And now it's gone. And it doesn't go inline with CIC's direction of removing all NOC restrictions into EE pool.

I am not sure.
ye, I was looking at the same thing, could not find it anymore.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
slappy said:
ye, I was looking at the same thing, could not find it anymore.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#5

13. Will there be a list of eligible occupations for Express Entry?

No. Express Entry will not include an eligible occupation list or occupation caps at the time of launch.

To be eligible to enter the pool, Express Entry candidates must have skilled work experience in a National Occupational Code (NOC) 0, A or B occupation. Jobs offered to candidates in the pool must be in one of these categories.

Job offers are also subject to the LMIA requirements in place at that time.

Candidates must also meet the minimum language requirements of one of these federal economic immigration programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Canadian Experience Class

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
Hi,

You can get all the information for pre-screening on the Opportunities Ontario (sorry, this forum is not letting me paste the link here)
The $1000 fee is for the LMIO, pre-screen for PNP is free for employee.

dukhi said:
Hi,

What things are required for a pre screening form? And does the employer has to pay 1000 dollars??

maxoba

Jan 27, 2015
i am applying fro outside canada i have applied through the EE and i am eligible can anyone pls help me with province that are accepting nominations now i need to boost my score

applefun

May 21, 2015
slappy said:
Hi,
My company is an mid range oil company in Calgary and has 24 peoples (only 2 foreign worker), my title is administrative assistant $21.5/hour. and I am holding PGWP expire on Aug 31/2016, I am wondering since I can't apply for CEC, could I apply AINP and LMIA both at same time? and does the my job title will affect to having an negative result?

Thank you very much for your advise, much appreciated.
In the process of applying for LIMA, $21.5 meets the medium wage of this title so this is fine. But another requirement is that the employer states they could not find a suitable local citizen, and they have to hire a foreign worker instead. Can an employ find a local person to be the administrative assistant? I don't think so. I also have this same issue, and I don't have nomination. Keep me posted if you have updates.

tinatin

Jul 4, 2015
13. Will there be a list of eligible occupations for Express Entry?

No. Express Entry will not include an eligible occupation list or occupation caps at the time of launch.

To be eligible to enter the pool, Express Entry candidates must have skilled work experience in a National Occupational Code (NOC) 0, A or B occupation. Jobs offered to candidates in the pool must be in one of these categories.

Job offers are also subject to the LMIA requirements in place at that time.

can someone please tell me if i should apply for pnp or lmio.
here is my situation.
international student, studied for 2 years and in september it will be a year since i started working here.

my work visa expires in june of next year and im so confused , i have no idea what i need to do because i only get around 400 points on express entery and i dont know how to increase my points. my company is willing to do whatever it takes to help me. ita a big company and our net income was 40 000 000 last year. please someone help:(

Candidates must also meet the minimum language requirements of one of these federal economic immigration programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Canadian Experience Class

[/quote]

MLBxx1010

May 28, 2015
slappy said:
Hi,
My company is an mid range oil company in Calgary and has 24 peoples (only 2 foreign worker), my title is administrative assistant $21.5/hour. and I am holding PGWP expire on Aug 31/2016, I am wondering since I can't apply for CEC, could I apply AINP and LMIA both at same time? and does the my job title will affect to having an negative result?

Thank you very much for your advise, much appreciated.
Hi how is everything going so far? Have you been successful? Is it possible to apply both LMIA and PNP at the same time?