+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry << INDIAN >> applicants

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
INDIAN Express entry applicants delayed by Covid please share your updates here. Also if any of you got Passport Request post covid lockdown. Thank You

Last edited:

thepanesar

Jan 17, 2020
@LayinLow

March 22nd 2020 Submitted Complete Express File with Nomination
May 21st 2020 Medical Passed
May 21st 2020 Received Biometrics request letter. ( due to covid Vfs were closed , so given it when opened )
March 1 , 2021 - Given my biometrics.

now waiting, how long it usually takes after that. What is current PPR trend for express entry files india. thanks

Last edited:

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
@LayinLow

May 21st 2020 Received Biometrics request letter. ( due to covid Vfs were closed , so given it when opened )

now waiting, how long it usually takes after that. What is current PPR trend for express entry files india. thanks
I haven’t yet come across any PPR post covid for express entry, only study permits.
AOR: April
Biometrics : November
They say they have limited capacity to process outland applicants and are currently processing Canadian Experience Class at full capacity who are receiving COPR’s everyday.
lets see if somebody shares whether they got a passport request from India post lockdown. Eagerly waiting with fingers crossed

Reactions: thepanesar

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
@LayinLow

Btw i read they start Eligibility and Background Check process after biometrics which takes about 2 months in a covid-less world

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Is the delay only for Indian applicants or all Outland - FSWs?

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Is the delay only for Indian applicants or all Outland - FSWs?
All outland from what i can gather. They have mentioned on the website that they are processing applicants with Canadian work experience at full capacity and all others at limited capacity. Whether they are processing or not at all processing is what isn’t clear yet coz I’ve had absolutely no update on my account since i applied in April ‘20 apart from medicals and biometrics cleared. What about you ??

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
All outland from what i can gather. They have mentioned on the website that they are processing applicants with Canadian work experience at full capacity and all others at limited capacity. Whether they are processing or not at all processing is what isn’t clear yet coz I’ve had absolutely no update on my account since i applied in April ‘20 apart from medicals and biometrics cleared. What about you ??
I just started my process..
ITA on 25th Nov
AOR on 13th Feb
I got the BIL and MEP pretty fast ( 9 days past AOR for me ) as opposed to maybe a month.
I am currently in the middle of adding my spouse so that's guaranteed to increase the processing time.
Best is to wait and see how Covid pans out in the coming months.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I just started my process..
ITA on 25th Nov
AOR on 13th Feb
I got the BIL and MEP pretty fast ( 9 days past AOR for me ) as opposed to maybe a month.
I am currently in the middle of adding my spouse so that's guaranteed to increase the processing time.
Best is to wait and see how Covid pans out in the coming months.
Thats great.. it means they are infact working on outland applications too.. but dont kno when they’l start sending PPRs.. this Covid thing is really testing my faith

thepanesar

Jan 17, 2020
I have one more question guys. should i do medical again. Or wait do only if embassy ask again. its been more than year .
medical done on - march 9th 2020 last year.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I have one more question guys. should i do medical again. Or wait do only if embassy ask again. its been more than year .
medical done on - march 9th 2020 last year.
Considering getting a medical done isnt that difficult, as u easily get a date booked, i’d suggest u wait n see if they ask u for it.