+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Whilst creating EE profile, when adding Education, do we need to list just the Bachelors Degree or also the Higher secondary and Secondary school details?
ECA already done for the Bachelors degree. Appreciate some clarity please. Thanks.
No..only degrees for which u have eca is sufficient. No need to add secondary and post secondary education.

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
Hi folks,

Hope all are staying safe!

I've received an ITA to apply under CEC. When I created my profile, i answered "Yes" to ( Does ......... have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada ).

Now that I am working on submitting my e-Apr. I've noticed that I won't be claiming any points for a relative since I am applying under CEC, and it would be hassle to get the proof.

Can the answer be changed to "No" keeping in mind i answered "Yes" when i created my profile? If that's fine, do I need to provide a LOE?

Appreciate the help!

Neha0609

Jan 9, 2021
Hi Guys,
Could anyone of you please assist me as I am planning to process my Canada PR application.
My concern is : I joined the organization as a Management trainee after my post grads and was getting the stipend amount during those 6 months ,also PF amount got deducted during that duration.And now I have trainee exp certificate of 6 months. But as I got into payroll after 6 months,I am getting the on-job effective date of (after 6 months) in my work experience letter ; which is something got considered in my current job(when I switched my job).
I would like to know- Should I add my training period experience in my Work Experience details under Express Entry or not ? What would be the best way ?? And if not, then will that period consider as a gap after my masters ?
Your help would be much appreciated.Thanks !! :)

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Hi , I have a question regarding Express Entry application.

Currently i am working in Canada on ICT Work permit (employer specific). my current work permit is valid till dec 2022. While filling my express entry profile, can i select "Yes" for below question?

Do you have a job offer in Canada?

I think if i select Yes, i am getting 50 points ..

Thank you in Advance

london24

Apr 15, 2021
Hello. I applied for EE in November 2020 and have a CRS of 478. What are my chances of receiving an ITA in April 2021? Thanks

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, thank you for all the information that you have given to us. Can I ask a bit of your time to answer some of the questions that I need to understand.

1. I checked my CRS score and got less than 400 points. I created my profile and it says I might be eligible, after creating it I received an email that after reviewing my profile, the found out that I am not eligible (after submitting a profile, I thought I will just wait for the minimum crs score that the government will required). So it means that even if I calculated my score and was said before that I am eligible, there is is a chance that the application will be refused.

2. (Please I really need answer for this matter) my visa will be expired in June (this year), if I go back home (home country) and gain more work experience and higher IELTS score, can I still re-apply for PR? (This is outside Canada now) and is there any rules for the time frame on until when should I re-apply?
Thank you.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi guys,

can you please help me in terms of the Educational Assessment (back home degree) I graduated with a bachelor’s degree (4years course in my home country), when I received my assessment from WES, it says that the Canadian Equivalency is *SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND DIPLOMA(2 YEARS)* what should I choose for the PR application thats asking for the canadian equivalency. Thank you

Aannie1234

Feb 19, 2021
Hi , I have a question regarding Express Entry application.

Currently i am working in Canada on ICT Work permit (employer specific). my current work permit is valid till dec 2022. While filling my express entry profile, can i select "Yes" for below question?

Do you have a job offer in Canada?

I think if i select Yes, i am getting 50 points ..

Thank you in Advance
Yes, if your work permit is employer specific and you are working full time there. Then you will get 50 points :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi folks,

Hope all are staying safe!

I've received an ITA to apply under CEC. When I created my profile, i answered "Yes" to ( Does ......... have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada ).

Now that I am working on submitting my e-Apr. I've noticed that I won't be claiming any points for a relative since I am applying under CEC, and it would be hassle to get the proof.

Can the answer be changed to "No" keeping in mind i answered "Yes" when i created my profile? If that's fine, do I need to provide a LOE?

Appreciate the help!
Yeah that should be fine. As long as it doesn't affect your CRS points or eligibility in any way, you can safely answer 'NO' IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, thank you for all the information that you have given to us. Can I ask a bit of your time to answer some of the questions that I need to understand.

1. I checked my CRS score and got less than 400 points. I created my profile and it says I might be eligible, after creating it I received an email that after reviewing my profile, the found out that I am not eligible (after submitting a profile, I thought I will just wait for the minimum crs score that the government will required). So it means that even if I calculated my score and was said before that I am eligible, there is is a chance that the application will be refused.

CRS points have nothing to do with the profile being ineligible. You would certainly have made a mistake in filling out your profile and that is why the system determined you are ineligible. Usually, the culprit is choosing the incorrect primary NOC (and there are other factors that can cause this). Try again, choose the correct NOC, check and re-check the information in your profile and try submitting it again.

2. (Please I really need answer for this matter) my visa will be expired in June (this year), if I go back home (home country) and gain more work experience and higher IELTS score, can I still re-apply for PR? (This is outside Canada now) and is there any rules for the time frame on until when should I re-apply?
Thank you.

Absolutely. You can re-apply. But if you want to use your Canadian work experience, then you can only use Canadian work experience obtained within the last 3 years.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,

can you please help me in terms of the Educational Assessment (back home degree) I graduated with a bachelor’s degree (4years course in my home country), when I received my assessment from WES, it says that the Canadian Equivalency is *SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND DIPLOMA(2 YEARS)* what should I choose for the PR application thats asking for the canadian equivalency. Thank you
Obviously, you should add the Canadian equivalency shown on the ECA report.

WES is sometimes weird and completely unreasonable in their evaluations. For example, they evaluate most of the Indian Masters degree from reputed institutions to a 4 year Bachelor's degree, which is ridiculous. If you do not get a satisfactory evaluation with WES, you can go with other ECA issuing organizations like IQAS.