+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Rules about travel for COPR are on the Canada immigration website. What hasn’t been added is the costs and locations of the 3 day mandatory quarantine.
Tnx!
I have a family member in Canada. I hope there won't be such 3-day quarantine in a hotel. 2000 CAD is too much!

Reactions: askingforhelp

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
The only way will be a job offer followed by work permit and then PR under CEC
Hello, thanks for the information. I have 2 questions,
1. Is it possible to get work visa first and then get a job? And then go from there
2. Are there any PNP programs that can be helpful?

thanks again

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, thanks for the information. I have 2 questions,
1. Is it possible to get work visa first and then get a job? And then go from there
2. Are there any PNP programs that can be helpful?

thanks again
1. No. You need a job first.
2. He is limited if his CRS score is low, not in a tech positions (OINP) and doesn’t have a job offer. You can read through each program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html

amykaur2020

Nov 16, 2020
I hope, as a reader, you will be satisfied with the information on this blog post. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Feel free to share your suggestions about this post. Also, if you want me to add something to this post/write a post on other related topics, please ask. Thanks!
First of all, +1 to you for the time and effort.

This could a bible for many of us. Thank you so much!!!
[/QUOTE]
When will be the biometrics resume in India

Hemanth Kumar

Feb 10, 2021
Scarborough
Hi, my name is Hemanth Kumar. I am in Pre-Application Phase. I am 27 years old. I have a Bachelor's degree (3 years) in Engineering, Diploma (3 years) in Electronics and a Canadian Graduate certificate (1 year). I have 2.3 years of experience as a software engineer and my sister is a Canadian citizen. I have not given my IELTS general exam yet. I want to know how many CRS points I would score for my education and also how much exactly I would have to score in IELTS general for getting PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my name is Hemanth Kumar. I am in Pre-Application Phase. I am 27 years old. I have a Bachelor's degree (3 years) in Engineering, Diploma (3 years) in Electronics and a Canadian Graduate certificate (1 year). I have 2.3 years of experience as a software engineer and my sister is a Canadian citizen. I have not given my IELTS general exam yet. I want to know how many CRS points I would score for my education and also how much exactly I would have to score in IELTS general for getting PR?
How many points you get for your education will depend on how it is evaluated.

In order to get PR, you need to aim for a CRS score of 470. You can use the tool below to calculate your score:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Hemanth Kumar

Feb 10, 2021
Scarborough
How many points you get for your education will depend on how it is evaluated.

In order to get PR, you need to aim for a CRS score of 470. You can use the tool below to calculate your score:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

For Age I am getting 110 points,
For Work Experience I am getting 25 points,
Assuming I score 8777 in IELTS I get 124 points.
Education: If I put two or certificates/degrees (both degrees are 3 years i.e., 3+3) I am getting 128 points and 50 points for 1 year Canadian Graduate certificate.
As I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen I am getting 15 point for that.
15 points for studying in Canada.

So, 110+25+124+128+50+15 =467

I don't know if my education evaluation is correct. Also, what are the chances of me getting PR for 467 points assuming I score 8777 in IELTS?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For Age I am getting 110 points,
For Work Experience I am getting 25 points,
Assuming I score 8777 in IELTS I get 124 points.
Education: If I put two or certificates/degrees (both degrees are 3 years i.e., 3+3) I am getting 128 points and 50 points for 1 year Canadian Graduate certificate.
As I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen I am getting 15 point for that.
15 points for studying in Canada.

So, 110+25+124+128+50+15 =467

I don't know if my education evaluation is correct. Also, what are the chances of me getting PR for 467 points assuming I score 8777 in IELTS?
If one of your degrees is assessed as 3 years then you can count your education as ”two or more.” You need them assessed first. Also you need to take the IELTS so you are guessing your score.

Hemanth Kumar

Feb 10, 2021
Scarborough
If one of your degrees is assessed as 3 years then you can count your education as ”two or more.” You need them assessed first. Also you need to take the IELTS so you are guessing your score.
My Bachelor's in Engineering is of 3 years and Diploma too is 3 years. Currently in WES process for ECA. I have given IELTS academic recently in which I got
L: 8
R: 6
W: 6.5
S: 6.5

Overall band : 7

Will be giving IELTS General as soon as I am confident. Currently preparing and giving mock test online.

DeanM90

Oct 14, 2020
Hey - I have a few questions regrading the proof of funds requirements:

I have received my ITA and am busy preparing my application to submit.

I am applying as a sole applicant with my common law spouse listed as "non-accompanying"

This is due to the fact that my CRS score was higher without including her on my profile as a joint applicant. I have stated this as the reason for non including her and realise that I will have to apply for a spousal sponsorship visa for her once I get my PR. Not our first choice of route, but the only one we could do under our circumstances.

With regard to the proof of funds:

1) Even though my common law spouse is non-accompanying, I still have to apply the funding requirements for 2 family members (currently $16,135)?

2) For the actual proof of funds, I have received a stamped letter from my bank indicating the current balances of my Checking account, Credit Card account as well as my Global Account (which contains Canadian Dollars I purchased for the specific purpose of the Express Entry application). It also shows that I have no loans or debt owing to the bank.

I liquidated certain investments (equities etc) to make funds available for the express entry application and converted the proceeds of those investments into Canadian Dollars which are now held in my Global Account - do I need to include brokers notes, statements showing the sale of the various investments to correspond to the inflows deposited into my Global Account?

3) My current credit card balance available to me is about R100,000 (roughly $8600 CAD), and I do not owe anything on my credit card - does this credit available to me of $8600 CAD count towards the $16,135 fund requirement needed for express entry?

4) Both myself and my common law partner begun saving funds for the Express Entry application when we first decided to enter our names in the pool - since she is now listed as non-accompanying on my application and the proof of funds is only for my account - she transferred some of the funds she had saved up for the express entry application from her savings account into my cheque account, which I then converted into Canadian Dollars and are being kept in my Global Account along with my saved funds. Do I need to get a signed gift deed from her stating that she has gifted the funds to me for the purpose of the application? And do I need to provide 6 months bank statements of her accounts as supporting documents as well?

Jade92

Feb 12, 2021
Dear All, I would like to clarify a question regarding proof of funds in the bank account. Due to the fluctuations in exchange rates the amount in my account for the past 6 months is now a little less than the required 12960 CAD. The question: do I have to keep the PRECISE amount of 12960 CAD in the account for exactly 6 months? or is it possible to add money now to cover the fluctuation and not wait for another 6 months?
Please advise on my question. Your assistance is much appreciated

Roujatul

Feb 12, 2021
I hope, as a reader, you will be satisfied with the information on this blog post. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Feel free to share your suggestions about this post. Also, if you want me to add something to this post/write a post on other related topics, please ask. Thanks!
First of all, +1 to you for the time and effort.

This could a bible for many of us. Thank you so much!!!
[/QUOTE]
The bank statement against my salary doesn't provide any seal/signature as I collected that online. However, that's not my proof of fund. Do I need seal and sign on the bank statement against my salary?

taranjot19

Feb 13, 2021
HI, can anyone provide clarification on this, I filled my Express entry profile and received an ITA, but later found that I mentioned wrong birth place in pre ITA, which cannot be changed... what should I do now? Please help.....................

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi all, when I request for gcms notes I got the below reply.may I know what should I select?

Are you looking for:

1) A copy of the application indicated in your request;

2) Travel history;

3) All electronic records.