+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Dear Experts,

Thanks a lot for all the support you provided. I am stuck again here. Need your help / advice.
I had chosen the option "not accompanying" in EE since my wife's ECA wasn't done (her transcripts were not received). I was also loosing time & score draws when her points were not getting reflected due to no ECA done.
However now that the transcripts have come and I want to apply for ECA with WES for her. I have 2 doubts here:
1. My score without spouse is 443 (with wife's ECA done it will be 444 anyway), yet when I am applying for WES, what if the score draw releases below 443?
2. Will I be able to include my wife even after getting an ITA? This is because reading all the discussions in various forums, it looks difficult to have sponsorship for her later.

What do I do? should I go for ECA at this stage?
Yes you can include your spouse after ITA too. Your scores will be recalculated though and if they fall below the cut-off, application will be rejected. But in your case, it looks like your score will increase.

Reactions: yamaha.rx135

basheer011991

Jan 2, 2018
Seniors please..

I had a continous full time experience as an Engineer in my Indian company for 3 years and 7 months from 2012 to 2016... However during my tenure I took 2 leaves of 3 months and 4 months each in 2013 and 2014 to travel overseas on a business visa for an oil and gas shut down job in Qatar for the same position (Engineer).. Any how there is nothing mentioned about these leaves in my Indian company letterhead.. I havent mentioned about these jobs in Express entry profile as it is in the same period tenure of my Indian company's experience.. so I thought not to put these as they doesnt make any difference... Now im worried if CIC deducts these leaves from my experience tenure...

So guys should i put this small trips oveseas's job of 3 months and 4 months as well in my express entry? Is it legal to work for a different company during our leave period. I thought to just put those trips as vacations but now im worried if i put in my profile as I have worked in qatar then they would ask for PCC.. i didnt stayed for 6 months in a row.. so please help me in this situation..

Any replies are highly appreciated

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello everybody

please need advice:
- We have a profile with a score 423.
- We are waiting for a nominee ; the agent said may be we will get it by May !!!!
- Our profile and language test expires by 23 rd September 2018
Do you think if we get invitation by June is it OK for the expiry dates of language test ?
- Some one told us that we should take an other exam

Please can any one advise us
No comments on what your consultant advised you getting ITA by Sept. I suggest you to see few threads here and see trends of draws instead of completely being dependant on consultant. Your IELTS score will get locked if you get ITA anytime before 23rd Sept, ion other words if IELTS expire post getting ITA it is Ok.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I submitted my EE profile last Friday and completed job bank profile creation. I got mail from "Jobbank-jobmatch" for few opportunities. Can I apply for it? I thought the legal status of the applicant should be either "Citizen", "PR" and "Open Work Permit Holder". Is my understanding correct? Not sure the purpose of registering in job bank for someone who just submitted the EE Profile. Would appreciate if anyone clarifies my doubt

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I submitted my EE profile last Friday and completed job bank profile creation. I got mail from "Jobbank-jobmatch" for few opportunities. Can I apply for it? I thought the legal status of the applicant should be either "Citizen", "PR" and "Open Work Permit Holder". Is my understanding correct? Not sure the purpose of registering in job bank for someone who just submitted the EE Profile. Would appreciate if anyone clarifies my doubt
Earlier registration with Job bank was mandatory, now it is not. The purpose of the same is for applicants to find a Job but rarely does that help if one is outside canada but you can apply. In short, no action needed unless you want to try your luck landing a job via job bank.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Earlier registration with Job bank was mandatory, now it is not. The purpose of the same is for applicants to find a Job but rarely does that help if one is outside canada but you can apply. In short, no action needed unless you want to try your luck landing a job via job bank.
According to me, an employer in Canada cannot provide a job offer if the applicant is neither a "PR holder" or "citizen" or
"open work permit holder". According to me that is what they quote as "Are you legally eligible to apply". Correct me if my understanding is incorrect

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
According to me, an employer in Canada cannot provide a job offer if the applicant is neither a "PR holder" or "citizen" or
"open work permit holder". According to me that is what they quote as "Are you legally eligible to apply". Correct me if my understanding is incorrect
They can if they are willing to conduct a LMIA and hopeful it will pass the test or if job is LMIA exempt, both of which are quite rare scenarios.

longman

Jan 10, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question regarding Express Entry Points and Draw. For example, I have indicated everything correctly, so correctly that the score I expected was exactly how much system awarded to me, namely 423. If I spend 3 months and polish my French and sit an exam I can increase it probably max to 447, but no more, as my age is my main drawback here. Now a heard rumors and have concerns (even though I do not understand why one would do that, because in documentation stage they will be exposed) that some people exaggerate their entries for Express Entry, for example by showing higher English or French Score or Work Experience even if they have not yet taken their test, and system awards them points for that and they are ranked let's say with 450 points above me. And in this case, I who have 423 and all the document to back it up, am being left out from the draw selection while those who inflated their entries got selected. Of course if they cannot prove they will eventually fail, but it does not help my cause. I am being left in the pool while fake entries are being selected. So my question is, how CIC/IRCC protects the system and thus fairness in draw process from such fake and fraudulent or inflated accounts? Is there any mechanism against that?

Personally for me it would be requirement to attach documents within 30 days of the application to prove and then be part of the draw, once you have proved your scores. But it seems it works other way around, they make draw based on whatever account holder claimed and then try to verify their credentials which leave actually ready and true accounts in the pool for good.

Please advise if you know of any measure CIC/IRCC is using to protect and safeguard system from such fraudulent entries, otherwise it seems very unfair process.

Mohit14

Apr 17, 2018
Hii

I am a marine engineer holding MEO CLASS 2 COC from india. I have done my bachelor's in tech ( mech) and then one year Graduate Marine Engineer (GME) pre sea course both from india. Do I need to get transcripts for one year GME course and my class 2 COC for express entry.
Can someone help me with the above.
And is there any marine engineer applying for express entry?
I have sailing experience with one company only but we have an arrangement of sailing for 4 months and leave for 2.5 months. Does my sailing experience count?

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi experts. I am back with a couple of queries again that i am encountering while filling up my EE profile. I am sure you people will sail me through.

1. Regarding my work experience: In my current office I am involved in more that one role which in turn qualifies (i am not 100% sure but technically believe so) me to show experience in two different NOCs. I am employed with a company that also has a sister concern. So I am a manager in one and industrial designer for the other, but at the same time am on rolls of the parent company only. I am not sure if anyone has been through this before or i am being too optimistic. So here is what i want to do, in the experience section i intend to put two entries with the same time period with separate NOCs. I can arrange for this thing to be mentioned in the letter from the employers also. Now the question: is this the right way to proceed?

2. After i submit my profile is it possible to make any change in any of the forms without withdrawing?

I hope i have been clear enough to present my case here. Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hii

I am a marine engineer holding MEO CLASS 2 COC from india. I have done my bachelor's in tech ( mech) and then one year Graduate Marine Engineer (GME) pre sea course both from india. Do I need to get transcripts for one year GME course and my class 2 COC for express entry.
Can someone help me with the above.
And is there any marine engineer applying for express entry?
I have sailing experience with one company only but we have an arrangement of sailing for 4 months and leave for 2.5 months. Does my sailing experience count?
You would require to get transcripts for each and every certificate (post 12th) for which you want points for.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hey guys,
As advised by mr.preetsingh No Objection Certiricate (NOC) is required in case of govt. deptt. to apply for PR.
(With due respect to mr.preetsingh's advice) I would like if anyone else can comment on this. I just want to confirm as it's proving very troublesome to get NOC from my deptt.
I'm working in a limited company - PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) in which Punjab state govt. has controlling share.
1.) Whether it will be considered govt. deptt.?
2.)If yes, Is No Objection Certificate (NOC) required ?
Thanks.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hey guys,
As advised by mr.preetsingh No Objection Certiricate (NOC) is required in case of govt. deptt. to apply for PR.
(With due respect to mr.preetsingh's advice) I would like if anyone else can comment on this. I just want to confirm as it's proving very troublesome to get NOC from my deptt.
I'm working in a limited company - PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) in which Punjab state govt. has controlling share.
1.) Whether it will be considered govt. deptt.?
2.)If yes, Is No Objection Certificate (NOC) required ?
Thanks.
Honestly speaking as for Q1. It is only who you can know whether your job is considered a government job or not, Not sure how can any one else advise on that.
As for Q2. It is a very tricky question and debated multiple times on this forum. Can you please look for existing threads if it helps.

As far as IRCC is concerned, they dont ask for NOC, You need to check if as per your contract there is any restriction to emmigrate to another country if on job.