+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Pranati

Feb 4, 2018
Hi, I wish to apply for Canada PR. My husband is in Canada from last 6 months, he has gone on temporary work permit valid till 2019 November. We will be moving hopefully in March this year. I wanted to know what are my chances of getting PR, if I apply as primary applicant. I am an MBA and 1982 born. My husband has done distance learning MBA. but , I have don't have any job offer from can

Sam89_

Feb 7, 2018
Yes
Hi, I wish to apply for Canada PR. My husband is in Canada from last 6 months, he has gone on temporary work permit valid till 2019 November. We will be moving hopefully in March this year. I wanted to know what are my chances of getting PR, if I apply as primary applicant. I am an MBA and 1982 born. My husband has done distance learning MBA. but , I have don't have any job offer from can
yes bt first u have to apply for visitor visa then u can apply in Canada for PR plus ur husband needs to send u sponshriship letter then u can get PR so I guess ur chance of getting PR is 80%

Pranati

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks a lot Sam, I really appreciate your timely response. Sam, before applying for PR, I need transcripts, documents to be notarized, and IELTS score . anything else needed from India before I go to Canada and apply for PR

Guru@9

Jan 9, 2016
Hi Friends,
I had received the ITA on May 2017. I am the primary applicant and was pregnant at that time so we decided to submit all the necessary documents except my X-ray report. We informed the CIC that we will submit the X-ray report post delivery. I am expecting in the month of February and my query is to understand the timelines of adding my newborn in my PR application.

1. How should I initiate the process and inform CIC? Shall I first get the necessary documents (Birth Certificate and Passport) prepared and then inform cic?

2. Does anyone know the total time they provide to submit the necessary documents?

3. Do I have to submit proof of funds again (Bank statements etc.). Any other documents needed to be submit again?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 10, 2018
Hi,

I am in the post-ITA stage. I am facing a doubt for 1 question, "Has this person ever used any other name?".
So in my passport, my name is Praveen Ramachandra Palekar and in my bachelor's degree, my name is Praveen Palekar (same in WES ECA report). Does that mean, I have used 2 names?

Thanks
Praveen

cs5050206

Jan 4, 2017
Hello,

I have Indian PCC dated of 08/12/2017. My current CRS is 993 (after oinp) and expecting to get ITA on 21st Feb. Should I apply with that PCC or get a new one? I read somewhere that Indian PCC is valid for 6 months if you stay in the same country. Need suggestions

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

I have Indian PCC dated of 08/12/2017. My current CRS is 993 (after oinp) and expecting to get ITA on 21st Feb. Should I apply with that PCC or get a new one? I read somewhere that Indian PCC is valid for 6 months if you stay in the same country. Need suggestions
If the date of your PCC is December 2017, then you are good.

montrealjuly2011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hi All,
I have received an invitation to apply :). The letter CIC sent me, talks about this personalized document checklist that i should refer to.
I cannot find this document checklist in the application online or CIC login

ANyone can help guide to where can i find this personalized document checklist.

Thank you

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,
I have received an invitation to apply :). The letter CIC sent me, talks about this personalized document checklist that i should refer to.
I cannot find this document checklist in the application online or CIC login

ANyone can help guide to where can i find this personalized document checklist.

Thank you
The checklist is based on the answers you gave while completing your application.

sulabh17

Feb 12, 2018
Hi I didn't show my work experience when I applied for study visa from india can I show that now if I apply for this stream or anyother like oinp?

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
Can someone please help with personal history section -
I had couple of business trips and vacation outside my country of citizenship-

1. under personal history-Personal activities, do we need to include business trip ? if yes whats activity type? employment?
2. under personal history-Personal activities, do we need to include vacation ? if yes whats activity type? unemployment?
3. UNDER Contact details-ADDRESS HISTORY, DO WE NEED TO ENTER THE BUSINESS TRIP address where I stayed.
4. do we need to include the study that is in progress/just completed [but do not have an ECA] under education history or just in the personal history? I am not considering any point for this degree.

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hello Friends!
For "Skilled work experience", I worked half-year as a stuff member, then another half on contract, doing the same job. Does this count as 1 year full time work experience?
Thank you!

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
Hi,

I am in the post-ITA stage. I am facing a doubt for 1 question, "Has this person ever used any other name?".
So in my passport, my name is Praveen Ramachandra Palekar and in my bachelor's degree, my name is Praveen Palekar (same in WES ECA report). Does that mean, I have used 2 names?

Thanks
Praveen
Faced a similar dilemma to yours. What I did was answer "No" and requested a letter from my University confirming that I'm the same person as the holder of the passport. Then I attached it to a Letter of Explanation in my application.

Good luck.

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Faced a similar dilemma to yours. What I did was answer "No" and requested a letter from my University confirming that I'm the same person as the holder of the passport. Then I attached it to a Letter of Explanation in my application.

Good luck.
Did this work? Also how to request letter from my University?