+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello-Please help with my question.

How can we get an extension on Initial entry date. We did our medical in Jan 2017, so I assume our initial entry date will be in Jan 2018. Problem is we can not travel from now until Jan due to personal reasons.

Is initial entry date based on PCC as well or just medicals?

We still haven't received PPR but I am hopeful that we will get it.

If there is something that we can do to extend the initial entry date then I would like to do it as soon as possible and not wait for PPR.

Please advise and TIA.
Usually based on your medicals or passport expiry date, whichever is earlier.

I can't say whether they'll consider an extension, you would have to contact your VO once the COPR is issued.

You should also consider doing a soft landing to finish the PR process leave the country as soon as you'd like.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately no. Funds were cash deposited in a few transaction. What do you advise in that case?
I am about to submit my application, just clearing my doubts before I do.
Hi,
Well I don't think there should be any problem with multiple transactions also. only thing is when you get the affidavit made you would need to include all the transactions in it. also mention the same details in the LOE in grid format totalling the sum at the bottom.
hope this helps.
Regards

Reactions: AtImechE

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello guys.. Need help with getting ECA from WES.
While selecting mode of payment if I select Credit Card, Can the payment be done in CAD directly through any credit card as it is done in case of INR.
And can I use debit card ..
Otherwise which mode is preffered..
Thanks..

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello guys.. Need help with getting ECA from WES.
While selecting mode of payment if I select Credit Card, Can the payment be done in CAD directly through any credit card as it is done in case of INR.
And can I use debit card ..
Otherwise which mode is preffered..
Thanks..
Hi,

1)Yes
2)Both debit and cred cards work.

Regards

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi,
Well I don't think there should be any problem with multiple transactions also. only thing is when you get the affidavit made you would need to include all the transactions in it. also mention the same details in the LOE in grid format totalling the sum at the bottom.
hope this helps.
Regards
Thanks mate. I have already printed and notarized gift affidavit with total amount mentioned without mentioning each transaction. I am sending a bank letter along without bank statements. Do you think I should get a new one with explanation of each transaction?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hey guys.. Can anybody advise me about whether progressive myopia can be a hurdle in my medicals.. I presently wear spectacles of around 10 no. The no. increases by a fraction after sometime.. Will it be a problem as I can perform every task with my spectacles..??
Please reply.. Thanks..

Last edited:

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I have a doubt regarding reference letter.I got ITA yesterday.

I have total of 7 years work experience with couple of years on and off in England. Therefore even though I worked in the same company I have totally 7 lines in work history, due to Country being different. Now after ITA CIC is asking reference letters for all the 7 lines mentioned in my work history. Did anyone else face this problem?

Can you please any suggestions or work arounds to handle this situation.

Thanks,
Brenna

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello Everyone,

I have a doubt regarding reference letter.I got ITA yesterday.

I have total of 7 years work experience with couple of years on and off in England. Therefore even though I worked in the same company I have totally 7 lines in work history, due to Country being different. Now after ITA CIC is asking reference letters for all the 7 lines mentioned in my work history. Did anyone else face this problem?

Can you please any suggestions or work arounds to handle this situation.

Thanks,
Brenna
Hi,

I had 2 lines for 1 company, so I uploaded the same document for each line. You can do the same.

regards

Reactions: Brenna

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Thanks mate. I have already printed and notarized gift affidavit with total amount mentioned without mentioning each transaction. I am sending a bank letter along without bank statements. Do you think I should get a new one with explanation of each transaction?
honesty, I think you should. in fact you can add an annexure to the affidavit where you can specify the transactions. the reason I say this is because it's a legal document and IMO it should contain specific details. furthermore, it'll take you only a few extra minutes to get a new affidavit, but you'll considerably reduce the chances of getting a query while your file gets processed; it could save you days. I think it's worth it.
Regards

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Can some one tell me, where am I now?ITA : 3 April
EAPR: 12 may

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

moferanmi

Sep 21, 2011
Hello!

Please I need your help.
I have been trying to find an answer to my concern.

I have created my profile with NOC 4012 Research assistant. I did not get any score since I'm still studying in Canada.
I also included my foreign experience (9 months). My IELTS is R9 L8.5 W7 S8.5.
My CRS is 441
I noticed that I got 25 points under Skill transferability factor: Foreign experience.
Since my foreign experience is less than 1 year, do you think I deserve to get 25 points?
Could this be an error due to month/ calculation in th EE profile.
When I used the tool I got 416.
Because I chose 0- less than 1 year for work experience outside Canada.
Will my score reduce when the vo calculate it?
I already have an ITA with cut off 441.
Should I withdraw the application?

thanks for your help!